Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1010] Opening Minutes

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Oh shit! That opening was awesome. Looks like Dante's reasoning for killing the older woman was to have an excuse to dig a hole/tunnel. Makes you wonder how long they have been doing this. I love that Beta does everything so brutally, he opened the RV door like GTA.

Daryl sneaking back around the front of the cave is smart. If Alpha leads the horde out of the cave he has an easy way to go get Connie and Magna.

I do wonder about the video game aspects of the cave though. They all fell down small cliffs when they went into the cave, how are the walkers coming back up the same way if the able bodied group couldn't? I hope that is explained in the show otherwise that will be stupid. I already had to suspend belief about how the walkers and whisperers were able to get to the group deep inside the cave. Reminded me of Uncharted. Where Drake is the first person in hundreds of years to solve puzzles in order to get into these caverns only to run into bad guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe Beta is able to get into Alexandria like that. Then again... these Whisperers sure are smart and crafty it seems. I guess anything goes at this point. There’s def more than we think we know about these dirty skin-wearing nomads.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they will answer how the tunnel was built. Angela seems to be able to connect dots and do what earlier show runners did by using exposition to explain things. Like I am really hoping they explain how Alpha gets the horde out of the cave entrance. If they don't address that and we see the walkers exiting the cave without any explanation as to how they are able to do it when Daryl and company couldn't. That would be FTWD levels of bad writing. Like never explaining why Dante killed the older woman. Now we can see he needed an excuse to dig a hole for the Whisperers to enter Alexandria.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Hopefully they're using the existing sewer system as part of the tunnel. Otherwise it would make no sense that Dante could dig a tunnel by himself from inside to far beyond the walls of Alexandria. That would take years.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Especially when we have the overhead shot of the trailer and it's a pretty good distance from Alexandria. That would be a huge tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think that the idea they are trying to convey here is that the vast majority of the tunnel system is the system that already existed at Alexandria, and that we've seen used multiple times before. Its part of the water drainage system of the neighborhood which could theoretically connect to a larger water/sewage tunnel system that extends throughout the area. I don't think we are suppose to believe that Dante did much more than just dig a grave deep enough that it ended up connecting to the tunnel system that was underneath it.

As for why this system would connect to a tunnel that extended into a remote field where the RV was located, that's less clear. And if they are using a common water drainage tunnel system, there would be several potential entrances around the area. They wouldn't need to use this covert extra tunnel secretly hidden by a guarded RV. So this is a bit of a stretch for sure, but I don't think we are suppose to believe that the entire tunnel system was created by the Whisperers. That would be pretty much physically impossible.

• Like Like x 3
  8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It looks like a storm water drainage tunnel system. The tunnels would run out to a river, a dam or a treatment plant.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Even if the Whisperers did make use of the existing underground sewage system, it is hard to believe that they could make an entry point into ASZ. I mean, the Alexandrians have been living there for years (8 years?), surely they must have investigated the system, at least the part which is directly underneath the area marked by the boundary wall. Must have something (blockade, booby traps, alarms...whatever).
    Maybe in 'peaceful' times, the part of the system directly underneath is not checked/patrolled on a regular basis. But, Alexandrians know they are having a powerful enemy close-by....

BTW, maybe this thread should be moved to Episode 10 section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stealth

That's my thought too. It's large enough that Beta is able to comfortably move through it, so that's something that had to be professionally built.

11. Stealth

I agree that after all these years you'd think they would've addressed the potential of their community being infiltrated this way.

It's not a big deal though to me because it's these sorts of oversights that happen all the time in the real world. You don't recognize it until it actually happens.