Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1010 Stalker - Rate the Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by Dnae, Feb 28, 2020.

?

Well, how was it?

1. 10 So much fun to watch! Like watching kittens STALKING youtube videos level of fun!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 9

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. 8 Very Interesting. Photosynthesis of plants/stalks interesting. Way cool!!!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6 Eh, better than digging my way out of a grave I suppose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3 About as exciting as watching a STALK of corn grow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 So bad! Like 1st degree STALKING level of bad. Go directly to jail!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Stalker - A person who stalks; a person who pursues someone obsessively and aggressively to the point of harassment.

Examples:
    Carol ► Alpha
    Alpha ► Carol
    Beta ► Alexandria
    Daryl ► cave watching Whisperers
    Negan ► Anyone who will listen to him
    Alpha ► Alexandrians and Kingtoppers

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

O.M.G. O.M.G.
    I LOVED THIS EPISODE

I was yelling at my television, screaming NOOOOOO in varying degrees of fear, anxiety and devastation. It was intense, nerve wracking, with moments of tenderness.

Get ready for it......I was even offering rally cries to motivate Daryl.

I quite literally gasped when moment occurred

Will go down as one of my favorite episodes

An easy 10 for me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BlackBird

Bloody hell! This was insane. So intense!!I

Some really fabulous moments, but a bit too chaotic and frustrating an episode for me. I preferred last week’s episode. Some dialogues have left me wanting more or something different. And I can’t bear watching Daryl hurt.

So, it will be a 7 from me. But I sure can’t wait for the next episode!

Aaron!!!???

• Like Like x 1
  5. blundig

blundig Member

Totally psyched. Unless it doesn't have a happy ending.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. blundig

blundig Member

Well, I gave it a 5. No real plot advance. Status quo at the end.
    Minor revelations about Alpha's two daughters--who cares?
    Daryl embarrassed himself by getting his ass kicked by a superannuated deranged gnome. No credibility to that entire sequence.

7. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I have missed episodes like this that are intense, violent, and have an actual story, not dragged out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

After last week's episode, I feared we were going to have a really disappointing second half, but this was great. I didn't like the easy narrative shortcuts through absurd time jumps (how did Darryl and Alpha get from the river to the garage in the state they were? How did Beta and Mary get from the house to the outside whitout getting stopped?) and the not surprising Lylia rescue, but I enjoyed the tension, which is getting pretty rare now. I loved Beta as Michael Myers.

9/10

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this one. It was an intense episode that kept you guessing. At points I thought they might actually kill Beta in Alexandria, and at others I was concerned that he could kill others (like Rosita). Then there was the creepiness factor of Beta killing all of the people in that house and then just sitting quietly waiting for them to turn. I also thought that Gabe might not be coming back when he handed Rosita his hat.

It's looking like Gamma/Mary is going to survive this season. If she escaped that mess then it's unlikely she's going to die in the war.

I never thought Daryl was in jeopardy but the scene where he pulled the knife out of himself to kill the last walker was pretty brutal. I don't see how he could've survived all of that blood loss. It was just spurting out of the wound on his leg.

Alpha came out of this episode sounding even more insane, talking about how she was even stronger now. I was surprised we didn't get a Negan scene.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Two Daughters? I missed something, I don't remember that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Was one of the first Walking Dead episodes I have enjoyed in quite awhile. I think they are starting to take some writing shortcuts though. We'll have to see if those shortcuts continue or not.

The shortcuts in the writing are a little surprising with this showrunner as dialogue seems to be what she likes to focus on.

12. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="NakedCity, post: 15510952, member: 86142"How did Beta and Mary get from the house to the outside whitout getting stopped?[/QUOTE]

Maybe somebody did try. Poor them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BlackBird

That sounds a little mean, actually, I'm changing my vote to 8. The more I think about it, the more stuff I actually really liked in this episode. Just keep on praising it folks, I might have to keep upping my score. I'm easy like that. :p :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

As of today (Monday 03/02 @ 3:22 p.m. CST) the episode has a 100% rating on RT

#14 Dnae, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. BlackBird

God I love this song. Total chill out. Which is really nice on a stressy Monday night. Thanks, @Dnae !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. BlackBird

Just makes you feel so sorry for all the people who have stopped watching the show.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

8from me
    Outstanding acting from samantha, norman and ryan hurst esp as he does it all wearing that mask so we cant see his expression.

Were judith and rj really alone at night. Miconne will be displeased at such negligence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Not really. Even though the dialogue is better now the plot often still seems like it moves at a snails pace and the Whisperer conflict just seems like the same 'ole same 'ole because we had two years of Saviors right before this. In my opinion I think skipping the Whisperers and moving straight into the Commonwealth stuff would have been the better move as the group has already had their huge conflict at Alexandria.

20. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I have agonized over this rating. I said it before, this was one of my favorite episodes but it was one of the most frustrating episodes I have ever seen.

In a vacuum it was a great episode, so many awesome moments. Daryl and Alpha, the dialog between Mary and the Alexandrians. Especially Judith, Gabe, and Rosita. The ambush inside the walls was great. Judith shooting Beta through the door. So many just awesome moments. For that I went with a 9.

But in the end, it was a frustrating episode because Beta straight up Jason Vorhees-ed his way through the story. So many opportunities to take him out. Hell after Judith shot him and presumably killed him, they left him to turn. By all accounts they should have shot him in the head. Laura had him, Rosita had him, hell Gabe had him in an ambush and still missed. Wait until you have your shot dumbass.

Daryl and Alpha bleeding to death only to be just fine after a nap?

I was really thinking they were not going to make the same mistake they did with the Savior war and stretch it out too far. But at this rate, I don't know if the whisperer war won't be wrapped up this season. It's starting to smell like the Savior war. So many plot armor fights, now we are getting another wave of walkers attacking a community next week. They need to wrap this up soon and start moving towards the next arc, which hopefully doesn't include the next bad group.

• Like Like x 5