Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1010 Stalker - Rate the Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by Dnae, Feb 28, 2020.

?

Well, how was it?

1. 10 So much fun to watch! Like watching kittens STALKING youtube videos level of fun!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 9

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. 8 Very Interesting. Photosynthesis of plants/stalks interesting. Way cool!!!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6 Eh, better than digging my way out of a grave I suppose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3 About as exciting as watching a STALK of corn grow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 So bad! Like 1st degree STALKING level of bad. Go directly to jail!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I don't know what the Commonwealth stuff will entail, but I think the Whisperer conflict was very different from the Saviours, and I found this story so much more intriguing and so much better told than the Saviours. Instead of attempting to rebuild society as they knew it, or as it was in medieval times, here we have a group living as close to animals as humans can get. Even if they are just pretending, as Gabe very insightfully observed. This conflict has brought up a lot of interesting situations and introduced some great new characters. It has also allowed the show to go in fresh directions. In my view it would have been a great shame to skip this part of the source material. I've loved the last two seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

They only have six episodes left and the series of battles which was the culmination of the Whisperer War in the comic hasn't even started yet (and hardly even been set into motion yet either). In the comic they had entire issues dedicated to those battles and I would assume they would try to dedicate an entire episode or two to those battles in the show. Unless next weeks episode pretty much gets everything into place it does look like the Whisperers may extend out into the first half of season 11.

3. BlackBird

I think they will definitely round this thing up in the next few episodes.

I was just thinking, it feels like they didn't want to do a Night King thing with Beta. They really are making him difficult to kill. And I think that's actually good. But I couldn't agree more with you about how frustrating it is, all the amateur mistakes people are making. It all started with Daryl not shooting him in the head when he pushed him in the elevator shaft.
    But there again, I always think it's easy for us to criticise from the comfort of our armchairs. I'd probably have died on day one of the apocalypse. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. lastcat3

Did you ever play (watch a playthrough of) Last of Us. Last of Us is a little more realistic version of an apocalypse with zombie like monsters in terms of how characters interact with each other and respond to their environment. TWD having its roots in the comic book world is naturally going to be unrealistic in a lot of areas.

If you havn't experienced the Last of Us story yet I highly recommend it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BlackBird

Sounds interesting! To be honest, I don't much care for the whole zombie genre, I've ended up watching this show and stuck with it for a whole bunch of other reasons. I'm mostly interested in the rebuilding of society and the human drama in crisis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

You sound JUST like me.

Yes, Last of Us is an amazing game and honestly it's not a "zombie story". Just like TWD isn't a "zombie show".

I refused to watch TWD because I don't like zombie stories, and I didn't play Last of Us for the same reason. I had friends who loved both the series and the game who finally convinced me to play the game. I loved it so much I replayed it as soon as I finished it and have replayed it like 5 times since. Like TWD, it's a character story set in a zombie world but it really has nothing to do with the zombies. They are just the catalyst for the world they live in. It is all about these amazing characters. The story is incredible, it's like watching a great movie that you get to play.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody did try. Poor them.

9.[/QUOTE]

It was also dark and some people in Alexandria had turned. Not everyone knew where the threat was coming from and they were shorthanded with Gabe's group out

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stealth

I had problems with All Out War, but I'm fine with the Whisperer conflict. I agree though it does need to end this season, and I think it's on a path to do so. Alpha is more unhinged than the Governor right now, so she's not coming out of this season alive.

With the way that Beta looked down I thought he had a bullet proof vest on. Or maybe we should call it a Betaproof vest. My bigger problem was last season when he just walked away from that fall down the elevator shaft. If he survived that he should've been incapacitated for a very long time. At this point we might need a dragon to kill him.

Coming into the Whisperer arc I thought it'd be a very difficult thing for them to transfer from the comic to the TV show. Gimple would've completely botched it, but Kang has actually exceeded my expectations. I was very skeptical of this story, so it's probably why I'm enjoying it more. Also, I'm not that excited about them going to the whole Commonwealth arc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Stealth

It's an amazing game. It's paced well too and you don't have to be a hardcore gamer to do well at it.

10. BlackBird

What device do you play this game on?

11. BlackBird

Too funny.
    Also most likely true.:confused:

12. Stealth

It's a Playstation game.

13. BlackBird

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

10 10 absolutely a 10!!!

This episode had an intensity we have not seen in a while. Although seasons 9 and 10 have both been wonderful, this nail biting episode left me with nubs for fingernails by the end.

Alpha and Daryl taking turns stalking each other and their battles were great.

Bloodlust Gabe. Yikes!

BETA! Jeez that was crazy. Him coming out of the grave, I really don't care about the logistics behind it, it was just awesome. The camera shot of him standing there, pulling out his knives.....*shiver*.

Him creeping around, the slasher scene. This was a total slasher movie feel done RIGHT.

Judith shooting him *gasp!!!*. *side note RIP Laura you tried*.

His fight with Rosita. She was badass but so was he. Mary saving Rosita. The whole frickin thing. Even the intensity of them walking down the road and him quietly telling her she will walk with her sister again. Chilling.

LYDIA!!!!! Her scene with Alpha was sad but fitting. She chose Daryl! Like we knew she would. <3

GREAT episode.

10 10 absolutely a 10!!!

#34 PepperAnn, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When first seeing the vest I did scratch my head a wee bit.

Then I either read or heard on a video that he was wearing the vest from one of the first two guys we see him 'stalk' then kill in Alexandria. I really need to sharpen my observation skills!!

Since at least season 6 or 7 I had been bemoaning the whisperer arc. I would have bet money that it was going to be a complete fiasco. But I do think that under the reign of Angela Kang we have been saved from what could have been nothing short of complete failure. All Hail Angela Kang!!

I know next to nothing about this arc but from what little I have heard here and there it does sound rather boring if only basing on the comic book - BUT look what AK has accomplished with seasons 9 and 10. Seasons that had the potential to be horrific. No telling what she has up her showrunner magician sleeve!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Well, if coronavirus mutates, we may all get our chance to find out:D
    (I don't actually hope for that:))

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. lastcat3

Here is a no commentary playthrough of the game if you aren't much into playing games. Last of Us is really one of those few games that is just as enjoyable to watch as it is to play.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I had a family emergency this past week that caused me to travel out of town for several days, and thus I missed all the fun here this week :p. I did manage to watch the episode Sunday night, but under distracted conditions, as several people were in the room, and I definitely need a rewatch before I rate it.

The 100% on Rotten Tomatoes has me in a state of guarded but solid optimism. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. lastcat3

The 100% was because they chose for this to be a multiverse episode and Carl, Sophia, and Lydia from the comic showed up and had a threesome. And the reviewers went 'this show needs more of this'.

20. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Well said, here, here!

• Like Like x 1