Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1010 Stalker-Writer, Director, Synopsis

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by Dnae, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The group must defend Alexandria from a threatening outside force

Writer: Jim Barnes
    Previous TWD credit: Season 9 Ghosts

Director: Bronwen Hughes
    First TWD directing episode
    Previous work includes AMC shows Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's a promising resume.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Kang has certainly filled the positions of writer and director with quite a few new persons throughout her still rather new tenure as showrunner.

And as season 9 and then into season 10 has moved along she has used Greg Nicotero less often than Gimple. I do not know if that is a personal choice on her part or if Nicotero's schedule is not permitting it. In the Gimple days Nicotero was directing 5 episodes per season. Season 9 under Kang he directed 4 and so far in season 10 he has directed episodes 1 and 2. It is worth noting that his pattern (in the past) was directing 2 episodes in the first half (the premier always one of those two, at least since season 7) and in the back half his pattern was to direct 3 episodes and always the MSP and season finale. This season the MSP was directed by Satrezemis (spelling?) so it will be interesting to see if Nicotero directs the finale.

I also find it interesting that for season 10 Kang is only credited with writing the season premier ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(season_10)#Episodes ). Another bit I find interesting is that Gimple is not credited with writing any episodes for season 10. In season 9 AK wrote 2 and Gimple wrote 1.

I am not surprised that in the seasons with Gimple as showrunner he is credited with writing 3 plus episodes each season.

I cannot help but think that maybe Angela is so confident in the writing team she has hand picked that she allows herself to trust in their work, therefore freeing her to possibly give a bit more attention to the details of running the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the revival of the show under Kang. When you have confidence in a showrunner you give more leeway to them in bringing the pieces together and for me anyway, I'm less likely to nitpick. When big things are going wrong on a show I tend to dissect every little detail and I'm not willing to give benefit of the doubt. It's the opposite when the show is in good hands.

• Like Like x 2