Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1012 Walk With Us Ratings thread

Discussion in 'Episode 1012 - Walk With Us' started by Dnae, Mar 12, 2020.

?

What "stride" did this episode reach for you?

1. MARATHON WALKING - All of the training paid off! Excellent episode

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  2. POWER WALKING - Pushed the story forward but not quite marathon level. Very good episode

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. STEADY WALKING - Good episode. Acceptable form of walking but room to improve. Average episode

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. AMBLING - Might as well be an actual TWD "walker". Disappointing episode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. walkon

walkon Active Member

I got out early as usual this AM and fed the animals. Came in fixed breakfast, carried it into the den and flipped on the tv. I was so rivited from beginning to end that my breakfast was still on the plate when it ended. The only thing eaten was a bite out of a strip of bacon. Unbelievable! For me that was one of the best episodes in a long time. From start to finish it seemed like a short time had passed. An easy 10 for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Solid episode, but not as good as last week's. The one problem I had was Negan tying up Lydia. That made no sense to me. Why didn't he just tell her what he was doing? It was as if they added that scene just to inject more drama into the episode which wasn't needed. I would've just had Negan run into Lydia and left it there. Then when they would approach the house you'd still be unsure if he actually had her in there. We don't need a scene with her tied up.

With that said I thought they did a great job with Alpha's final scene. JDM was at his best in this one as Negan, leading up to killing her. The Carol reveal was good and tied everything up nicely.

The Judith scenes were so well done. Cailey Fleming is amazing.

I didn't think they'd kill Mary/Gamma off after she survived Beta's Alexandria attack. But when she was looking up at the sky in this episode I knew it was likely over for her. Too bad to see her go, but her character did come full circle.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I completely agree. This was a huge issue for me too and it is the main reason why I'm not going with "marathon" for this episode.

I felt it a cheap trick, for creating suspense. The idea of Lydia captured and tied up like this by Negan, the man she trusted, was horrible and made no sense at all. He should have told her to hide in the cabin because Beta was looking for her, and wait for Negan there. By tying her up, he actually put her in grave danger, leaving her defenceless. It made no sense at all and really annoyed me. Negan is no Santa Clause, but he surely wouldn't have done this to Lydia. The scene would have worked just the same if Lydia got impatient waiting or got spooked by something and went to open the door the moment Alpha got to the door of the other shed.

Of course, they were also making us question Negan‘s intentions, and tying Lydia up was a more effective way of doing it, but again, it was forced, and didn’t feel in line with Negan’s arc. Even if he was crossing over to the dark side, no one would possibly believe it for a moment that he would have sacrificed Lydia. So this was just a cheap trick.

#23 BlackBird, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

Whilst I'm here, my other issue with the episode was the nonsensical scene between Carol and Eugene. Just what the poppycock was all that about? Almost surreal.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode a lot. The Negan/Alpha scenes were mesmerising and I'm still digesting what actually happened there between them, and dissecting Negan's every move and word, there was real depth to these scenes that worth exploring further.

I loved everything most of you did. All things Judith. Earl's final scenes.
    Mary's death was done very well, much as I'm sorry to see her go. It was a well told story. I was beyond happy to hear Magna's story of survival as it's giving us more hope about Connie's.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah it definitely was a way to just get some artificial drama out of the situation. I get the feeling that they just didn't really know what to do with Lydia this season. Her story in the comic was completely tied to Carl and since there is no character taking up Carl's story in the show this season everything we are seeing with Lydia is for the most part completely made up.

6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lol, in episode 13 why don't they just have someone discuss with Eugene about the dangers of 'hooking up' with someone he doesn't know.

7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well... I had no problem with Negan tying Lydia because they made it clear in the scene before that she wouldn't trust him because she saw his whisperer mask. So just telling her his plan probably wouldn't have worked, she was ready to kill him.

I knew Negan was going to kill Alpha (thanks in great part to a thread title here!), but I still got fooled by the parallel editing. Only once Lydia opened the door I realized that they went with a reverse Silence of the Lambs trick. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I also had no problem with Lydia being tied up, as Negan couldn't risk having her running around in the woods if his plan was to convince Alpha she was secured in a cabin. He just didn't have time to make her believe him and cooperate. Nor could he really trust her even if she claimed she would cooperate.

A better time to kill Alpha would have been before the battle, when her and Negan were alone by the creek, chatting. However, I think that is why they added the dialogue about Alpha being open to making the communities bend the knee instead of attacking them. At that point, Negan probably thought it was in the communities' best interest to keep Alpha alive, because if Beta took charge, he would NOT agree to that plan. He would just attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. walkon

walkon Active Member

When I was growing up we didn't have a lot in the way of material goods, but we sure had a house full of love and laughter. My mom was full and over flowing with love. Even when we got our hides tanned we knew we were loved lol. I don`t ever remember a single time anyone of us went out the door without an 'I love you . . Be careful on the road.' It was like breathing to tell each other love. I look at Eugene and I see someone centered on himself . .maybe a parrent who gave him things instead of themself and their time. His heart has just been awakened to consider another's wellbeing and he's feeling a bit out of his books. The books never prepared him for these awakened feelings. He sees Carol hurt and alone and he wants to give her encouragement. He sits down and awkwardly gives her a nucklebump on her knee lol. That nucklebump spoke volumes to me. I saw two hurt people with their defences and their hope down . . . giving each other heartfelt encouragement. I was much touched by the scene. Sure it was awkward. If it hadn't been for Eugene's dialogue I might of had to admit to a leaky eye. . . .

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlackBird

Never fails to fascinate me how differently we can react to the same thing. Your childhood sounds wonderful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Straight up 10. Even the stuff you could see coming, still shocked you.

Greg did an amazing job of taking scenes that you probably saw coming and still managed to make them suspenseful and emotional. It was pretty obvious that Earl had been bit, and when Judith walked in after his attempted suicide, I figured we were going to get a jump scare. But her acting and the direction of that scene still made it as impactful as it would have been had we not seen it coming.

Same with the Alpha Negan scene. As they kept cutting from Alpha's perspective and Lydia's perspective, I had a strong "Silence of the Lambs" vibe. He used the same cuts from that movie when the FBI was approaching the (wrong) house and Gumm going to answer the door. But when it happened in the show and having a strong feeling this was the moment, it still had that impact. Because of the suburb acting and direction.

Such a great episode.

Carol being revealed as the one who unleashed the Negan was great. She was one of my predictions earlier, her or Daryl. The scene was done so well I'm willing to look past the issues I have with Carol still acting recklessly knowing Negan was out there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Kitten mittens are the work of a canine demon out to terrorise the kittehs

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

93% on Rotten tomatoes and 9.4/10 on imdb based on just under 2,000 reviews.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

That was an awesome episode. I give it a 9.5.

I didn't see Alpha going out that way. I thought for sure it would be Carol herself, not Carol sending out Negan to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BetaGirl44

BetaGirl44 New Member

I thought it was an excellent episode. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stealth

Yeah, that's what got me about that part, you could've still has the suspense of "did he or didn't he" as they approached the cabin without actually tying her up. Just have Negan and Lydia meet then cut to the commercial. Return later with Negan telling Alpha he found what she was looking for, and everything goes the same. Even during his Savior days Negan had a soft spot for kids. He's not going to treat Lydia that way, and leave her in jeopardy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stealth

My problems though are that A) she could be found by another Whisperer tied to a chair. Beta is looking for her as well. B) Something happens to Negan, and Lydia can't escape then she's left there alone tied up.

So for me anyway, they just needed to sell the scene more as his very last resort, and it just didn't do that for me considering all the bad stuff that could've occurred.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stealth

I was glad that it was Negan. Even though Carol helped set it up, her recklessness this season didn't earn her that kill. So I was satisfied with the way they took it. JDM did an excellent job too playing a variety of emotions in the scene leading up to it. They filmed it so well, and Alpha had no clue that it was coming.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Two rules:

1. Only tie up that person who you are okay with finding dead upon your return

2. Always double tap the kill!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree. I was satisified with Negan being the one to kill her and Carol planning it.

How many times has Carol saved the day? Terminus, Alexandria.. Carol often saving the day becomes old and predictable. Alpha's end was surprise, but albiet a clever twist surprise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1