Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1015] Rate The Tower

Discussion in 'Episode 1015 - The Tower' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Just do it

1. Towers over the competition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Meh, this cell tower probably serves Tracfone.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. Towering Inferno.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it. Yesterday.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Have to give it a 2. This episode was a total mess. There is virtually no direction in the second half of this season. In the second to last episode of the season they basically just had three groups of people wondering around aimlessly with one of those groups having the most annoying comic character Kirkman created in it.

This honestly might be the worst this show has ever been.

#2 lastcat3, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I don't care about Beta's new found mental health disorder, but apart from that, I liked the episode a lot. Might have been the first time ever I enjoyed a moment from Eugene. And call me crazy, but I liked Princess, that actress has all kinds of charisma.

9/10

4. lastcat3

She would be a good character in a zombie show that was intended to be more of a comedy. But not really one that people are meant to take as seriously as TWD wants to be taken.

5. NakedCity

I'm a girls basketball coach and she reminds me of a ton of girls I coached. Realism was crapped out the window in this show as soon as the Governor appeared (and Michonne as a ninja with walkers on leash). Princess is a 1000x more believable than King Ezekiel, or Eugene, or Negan, and don't get me started on the Whisperers....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lastcat3

Perhaps. But AMC definitely wants this show to be taken seriously. Princess was created as an avenue for a comic writer to write the type of humor he seemed to like. The character really served no other purpose other than that.

At this point this show all but needs to end. The longer it goes on from here on out the worse it is going to get.

#6 lastcat3, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  7. NakedCity

For some reason, you're part of a forum dedicated to the show, so obviously you are aware that some people enjoy it... so why would you want it to end?

• Like Like x 1
  8. lastcat3

I used to be a big fan of the show and now am just curious how they play the rest of it out.

9. cycles

cycles Member

I voted 8 on the strength of the Daryl/Judith scene and Princess.

Ezekiel, Eugene and Princess are excellent together. I don’t read the comics so Princess is new for me. She seems like a great addition.

Cliffhangers are cheesy. The next episode better pay off.

What was with the cutaway to Carol when they were in the minefield? It was another cheesy cliffhanger.

Beta is Michael Myers but he isn’t as scary as Negan or the Governor. Hope it plays out well. Also hope that “our team” has a plan instead of stumbling backwards into victory like they usually do.

Loved the scene when Judith told Daryl about Michonne’s mission and asked him to never leave. Those two work well together.

Still loving this show and watch it every week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

This is a 9 from me.

Already said above about Judith/Daryl interaction and so I say no more.

Princess is an interesting character. I like her. Anyone who can survive up to this stage (10 years?) into ZA must have something special. Firing her machine gun at those walkers without considering the horses would be scared is quite 'reckless'. So, I wish to see more of her particular set of skills that carry her so far.

With Eugene gone, Luke becomes the next tech guy. This is unexpected as his specialty is obviously anything related to music. And he looked so thin. I wonder if it is the actor or the character that has a health issue?

Looks like this hospital (code name: tower) is the escape /rendezvous/retreat place for Alexandria. This place has to be chosen for reasons. One of them must be its having a high tactical defense factor. There ought be many 'choke points' and 'ambush' points within the building. I predict, Daryl is likely to fight Beta again and perhaps this time Beta will not be that lucky to survive an elevator shaft fall?

• Like Like x 2
  11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Somewhat underwhelmed by it all. Not what I was expecting, I guess. I was hoping for the end of Beta (I’m sooooo over this dude with all his power walking and deranged whispering and all the hideous destruction this group has been bringing) and a sign of Connie, or perhaps just a tiny hint that someone is actually looking for her.

I was annoyed by Aaron and Alden getting caught in the SAME OLD WAY. How many times now? And we are left thinking no way in hell they would want to keep them alive as hostages again. Unless Beta would want Negan for them? Hostages just don’t seem to be his thing.

I found the Princess side story entertaining, I found myself warming to the character, and enjoyed the other three characters’ reaction to her. I just felt this episode might not have been the best place for all this, or so much of it, especially with the long wait now for the season finale. But it will probably work for me when the season is complete.

I liked that Negan and Lydia got reconciled, not so keen on how it went down. “I liked your mom” at this point? Really? Out of all the stupid things he could say. Anyways, nice to see them hug it out in the end.

Kelly/Carol: Lovely to hear Connie’s name and a sincere apology from Carol, and that Kelly has heard stories about Carol. This worked for me. Also Carol immediate volunteering to go on a mission for Luke. I felt last week this was going to be her resolution: to be of service, and it’s happening.

Undoubtedly the best part of the episode for me was Daryl/Judith. Just wonderful. And much as I can’t wait to see Daryl’s face when he finds out about Rick, I loved how Judith didn’t tell him, in her fear that she was going to lose him too. This is a fascinating internal conflict for the character and the young actress is doing a phenomenal job.

The show normally does very well of weaving multiple storylines together in an episode, but this particular mixture didn’t quite work for me, especially not in a penultimate episode of the season. Far too much left for the finale.

So I’m going with 7 again. And expecting a 9/10 for the finale. I loved this season.

#11 BlackBird, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. NakedCity

Nah, Beta's been Michael Myers only when he infiltrated Hilltop - and that's the only moment I really liked him. With his herd, dumb walk and hallucinated zombie voice, he really is the dumb country singer he is supposed to be.

13. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

3, was underwhelmed.

14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m going with a 7. I didn’t really care for the whole “Beta breakdown”. I’m assuming it’s his buddy from the music world that he is hearing. It doesn’t help with his “scariness”.
    What can I say about princess. Well, it seems they ripped her right off the pages of the novel.
    I found her to be annoying there, and was already
    Irritated with her in the first few minutes on screen. Kudos show runners.

I liked the (father/daughter) scenes between Daryl - Judith; and Negan - Lydia. Good character building.

The truth is out there

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I cut off your Mom's head, but I liked her.

Negan should've just said, "I tried to talk your Mom out of killing everyone, but when I knew that wasn't working I had no other choice."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't like Princess in the comics either, so I come into this too very jaded.

What's funny too is I think they got a good actress to play the part, if only they had toned her down a bit it might've worked for me. At moments I'm almost drawn in, despite being predisposed against her, and then something cheesy happens and I'm right back to square one again.

17. walkon

walkon Active Member

I gave it a seven. I' ve never bought into the Whisperers. I' m almost as sick of them as I am of Negan, and that's going some. Negan liked Alpha??? Figures.

I thought Carol would hit bottom last week, choose life, and begin her apology tour (which seems sincere) this week. . . .I'm glad to see the mulligrubs are over. Pity parties are rarely productive. Now, let's bring on the straight shootin warrior Carol!

I didn't expect to like the Princess. I found myself truly doing just that when she dropped her facade and showed her vulnerability. I felt sorry for her and was glad when they asked her along. I found myself hoping that Stephanie wouldn't work out for Eugine and . . . .

Side note . . my horse barn is full of stray and abandoned cats, too, so there's that. . . lol. As a matter of fact, I named the last one after our dearly departed Rufus. Seems like every cat abandoned on my road eventually ends up here. Mice don't stand a chance.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a 9. I've pretty much given every episode this season a high mark, as I've really enjoyed what I've seen with only minor nitpicks that don't really amount to much from my point of view.

And dammit, I'm just gonna say it; I like this Princess character and I want more!
    She's loopy in a depressing world, a splash of much-needed (in my opinion) colour in this grey world. Big plus? Great actress!

Now let's get this damned virus locked away asap!!! Avoid the spoilers that the idiots will inevitably be posting, and let's hope for the finalé soon!

Stay well, ALL!

• Like Like x 2
  19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it a 7. I enjoyed the Princess scenes and the Daryl and Judith scenes. That's about it though.

20. Virginia Blake

Actually, from my perspective, Beta's mental health disorder is not newly found. He and Alpha most likely have always had some sort of psychotic disorder that's been aggravated by the ZA. Both have delusions . After Alpha's death Beta started hearing voices. Kinda a Reactional Psychosis/Brief Psychotic Disoerder. He'll either get better, or worse. If worse he can't funtion at all. But he'll likly be dead before the illness resolves itself at all.