Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by westwingnut, Aug 30, 2015.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Keep them atypical, folks. Let's not see anything typical here.

2. John

John Member

When is the forum going to start treating FTWD the same as TWD in terms of sections and dedicated threads per episode.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My complaints:

Wishing Madison would just tell Little Miss Asshole what the hell is going on. Maybe then she would exhibit something other than rebellion and whining thereby giving me a reason to care just a smidge whether she lives or dies

And Mr Pissy Pants...I do not think there is anything that he can do that will redeem him in my eyes, I simply do not like his character.

4. John

John Member

So did they take the cans of food from the school or not?

Also, the daughter is a bit of a cnut so far.

5. Hope the Savior

(Sniff) You used my nickname for Alicia. I'm just so (sniff) touched and flattered. I think I'm going to cry.
    [​IMG]

And I 100% agree with you about Madison not communicating with LMA about what's happening. She needs to tell her, not only to curb her defiant behavior, but also to keep her alive. Knowledge is power.

What also upset me a little was Madison and Travis not informing their neighbors the Cruzes (Gladys' family) about what's happening. I was with Nick on this one. Even if they didn't know what exactly was happening, they could have given the Cruzes a heads-up, especially since another neighbor--namely, Mr. Peter Dawson--was currently exhibiting some of the symptoms Matt had. At worst, the Cruzes don't believe them. Travis and Madison can walk away, though, saying they did their due diligence. But by informing them, maybe another family doesn't immediately fall victim to the apocalypse, meaning there are fewer zombies within the neighborhood with which Madison et al. have to contend. (As Jurgen Warmbrunn, from World War Z, would say, "Every human being you save is one less zombie to fight.") Plus, the Cruzes may repay Travis and Madison, for informing them, by helping them out, giving them food, teaming up, etc.

6. pilight

pilight Member

They didn't have it when they were walking to the car. They certainly didn't load or unload it. OTOH it wasn't at the top of the stairs when we see that at the end of the episode.

I don't understand Tobias' plan anyway. He didn't have a vehicle other than his bike. Was he going to push the cart down the street?

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It really makes no sense at all. So let's see.. Tibias is putting himself at risk to go back to the school to get a car load amount of food..but he has no car.. Then him and Maddie are taking precious time to load food on a cart while Tobias is going on and on about needed food. They are pushing this loaded cart of food through the halls, a can falls off the cart and Tobias runs after the fallen can like it's so important... Then they leave the school waithout any food??? WTF??? Who is writing this shit??

#7 mtito914, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its possible that your ideas might change after you are a teenager who falls down a flight of stairs with your principal, and the you witness your principal's skull get bashed in. But let me guess, you know the answer.

#8 Neuropyramidal, Aug 31, 2015
  9. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

AHHHH ! Experts !

Yah...dey know. Dey ALWAYS know !

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This is more of a complain on all who rack down on the show. "It start slow" "Not enough zombies". Do people get that this is the OUTBREAK? The whole start that Rick missed out on? These people are theacers and kids / teenagers. Not the Hobo Command Unit of Ricks.

11. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

It seems stupid to me that in this era of fast information that mob was wailing about police brutality. With just the main family alone there's already been 3 encounters. Nick with his girlfriend, Nick with his dealer and Madison with the principal. You'd think with this high incidence rate that everybody would know what is up. Obviously this would lead to looting and all that, but this seems like a cheap use of current sentimentality against law enforcement.

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You want an atypical complaint? Boyfriend got bit and he didnt give a shit. That aint right when you got a bite. He was still smitten even though bitten.

13. rustybag

rustybag Member

I actually liked what they did there. At this point people aren't quite grasping yet that the dead are coming back to life. Some have seen it and it hasn't full sunk in yet, others haven't seen it yet. That scene with the homeless man getting shot showed how quickly the public will latch on to a catch phrase ("he was unarmed!"), and how fast a crowd can then spiral out of control and turn into an angry, looting mob, when they don't have their facts straight yet. I found myself understanding both why the crowd jumped to that conclusion (it seemed like the cops shot a defenseless man), and how the cops were in a terrible position and needed to stop him. I thought it was clever play on current events.

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Those terrible commercials with the old ladies and the VWs are bugging the crap out of me!
    Otherwise I am good.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I did use your moniker!!! I applaud the collaborative effort between you and Honda to come up with such on point names!

We did see Madison begin her trek to the neighbor across the street (I believe it was after Nick called her out on knowing more) to speak with the family. Seems that Gladys did not take to heart the strange and baffling story Madison told her. I can see myself looking at my neighbor giving them the crazy eye if they came over to tell me about this strange illness that allows the dead to rise and chow down on the first living being they amble upon!

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I would agree except that this is what it is and has been like in many inner city areas already for a long,long time now.
    We all wanted to see what is was like and how it cold be possible that civilization could have fallen in the time Rick was in a Coma and I think this is a huge part of it.
    These realities of city life speak directly to the problem something new like this outbreak could create and how fast.

For lack of any better explanation the cops are doing what they think is right and the citizens are reacting to what they see but not what we know.

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Oh yes, I agree that poverty/ the realities of inner city life, and also "mob mentality" are nothing new, it is part of the psychology of how people can behave in groups. At this point, though, they still have the media and Internet to spread what they are capturing on video. That surely would have escalated panic world wide. I agree the cops are doing their best and the public is reacting, and they don't know what's really going on yet, and everyone's is in fear- driven / self preservation mode.

#17 rustybag, Aug 31, 2015
  18. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Given the criticism of the main series' marginalization and high death rate of its black characters. I think it's pretty funny that all three black characters introduced so far have met a swift death. The dealer, the principal and the boyfriend. Barely even around enough for token status.

[​IMG]

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Just as I'm irritated by the lack of information seeking behaviour shown in TWD I'm now irritated by the lack of information seeking behaviour shown in FTWD.

Really, these sulky, disaffected teens do not spend their entire time glued to their mobiles checking facebook, reddit, 4chan, instagram, reading posts and streaming videos that say "SRSLY, was DOA, now biting, not even joking", etc.

Why are the adults not talking to everyone they encounter, including cops, neighbours, etc. about what they know, ringing everyone in existence and watching the news?

I'm not buying "yeah, but they're confused and scared". Human beings are information seekers and we've never seen that tendency depicted by TWD EVER.

ETA: You hole up in a barber's shop because of a riot. You owe the barber and his family. They took you in during difficult times. Yet neither your family or the barber's family initiate conversation. You don't even say "what have you heard is happening?" You exchange no meaningful information AT ALL despite being surrounded by threat and holed up together (you don't even show him a picture of your girl back home, goddammit).

Have the writers dealt with the criticisms of their dialogue on TWD by spitting the dummy and going "Yeah, you say our writing sucks, well we just won't write any dialogue at all. See how you like that."

#19 Alina, Aug 31, 2015
  20. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I wonder if they think they're being post modern. Or funny. Either way it's not working.