Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by westwingnut, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Absolutely. We should try opening a comedy club, but for now we'll just have people sit on logs and we'll substitute alcohol with rubbing oil. Every night of the week: Carrot Top. If it proves to be a success, THEN we will consider chairs and vodka. We also need to point out that when we say only 'three pages' have developed so far in the episode section, we mean three pages of new threads, not three pages of posts. Many of those new threads have multiple pages of posts themselves. How many sections in this entire forum are that busy? So we are reluctant to create a proper section for one of the busiest areas of the forum?

I mean lets think about this for a second. Part of the reason why we may not have as many posts as the other TWD forums for Episode 102 is because no section exists for Episode 102

By the way, how are you drying off? :)

#121 Neuropyramidal, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Anything I say about the parts of my outfit that have not dried will be totally taken the wrong way. :p Suffice it to say, though, that if I ever have to torture anyone in future, I will dress them in a soggy bra, put them in a clammy, air-conditioned office, and force them to concentrate on Word documents. Also, my coworkers are not taking my legitimate concerns seriously today because they are too busy mocking me for being a wet McCranky pants.

3. Neuropyramidal

Torture me! Immediately!

4. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Sighhhhhh,,,,not wanting to sound like a broken record or a whiny ass,,,but last summer was awesome on here - its when i joined.....One thread alone (Beth Cave) had over 30 thousand posts in a span of 4 months. I have to mention that being homeless (Beth Cave), had alot to do with why SOME people disappeared, and then Beth dying in the MSF also played a part. There were alot of diehard Beth fans on here - I didn't even have a clue as to how the death of TV character would affect some, but it did...and we lost alot of them. I agree that making a FTWD section will encourage more posters. Hopefully, it will be as fun as ...... before.

5. Neuropyramidal

Precisely.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, this break has been so so quiet on the forum. Honestly, the best thread to hang out and just goof off has been the Rick thread, and even that thread has died down in the last couple of weeks! And this section (FTWD) has great potential to be engaging, fun and informative if only TPTB would help by giving it a proper section. I just posted three videos for episode 3 and was faced with two conundrums. Conundrum number one: did someone already post the videos? Who the hell would know since there is no clear cut method to finding a thread for FTWD!! Conundrum number two: Where do I post the videos for season 1 episode 3 because there is no thread for season 1 episode 3!!

#126 Dnae, Sep 9, 2015
  7. Neuropyramidal

You and probably 340 other lurkers feel this way. Soon they will trickle over to the other TWD forums, where a proper section exists.

8. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

OOOoooo Good ONE!!!! That'll get their attention and fingers hopping creating a new section!!!!!

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Only 1 forum made a complete section, and it still has less traffic than this section..

10. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Grrr...come to Ontario and fight me! I will dress you in a sodden lingerie and then place you in one of those walk-in beer cooler rooms at the liquor store, where you will get really, really chilly! You'll get the sniffles, and then have to go home to drink some tea!

Hahahahaha!!!!!!! Hohohohoho!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Neuropyramidal

There's a reason that this forum is mostly a ghost forum compared to the others lately, and the fact that we have to argue for a proper FTWD section exemplifies a big reason why.

And i'm not sure where you are getting your info, because both TSDF and STD have complete FTWD sections. The TSDF section for Fear has around 300 individual threads in it, between the subsections, and somewhere over 3,000 posts.

Our section has 3 pages of new threads just in the episode section. Are there many other sections of this forum with that traffic?

#131 Neuropyramidal, Sep 9, 2015
  12. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Surely the level of activity for this forum would be linked to the level of activity in the books and shows?
    Fear has kinda got off to a slow start through the show itself taking a slower pace, compounded by that annoying week off after the second episode. Terrible planning by someone, and I can see how some folk might now be digging Fear but I'm happy with it so far. It's like by week they're turning it up, but they haven't given us heaps to talk about as far as Fear is concerned yet.

My fave bit so far was Travis spying that cop with all the water. You're gonna go hide out in the desert? Then this is you need to be doing, fool!

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Right now we have two FTWD sections with 199 threads with over 4100 posts. The site where I post about The West Wing has an FTWD forum with about 25 threads and maybe 1000 posts. I created one thread there that is 15th from the top and had its most recent post 9 days ago.

I have never been to STD or TSDF. Maybe the traffic there is heavier, and maybe it is a little easier to maneuver. To be sure, we would do well to have an FTWD Characters section.

But did those other sites have a Beth Cave, or a MILF Squad? How about a Veebs Mean Girls thread? A RoadWarrior?

We probably scare off a lot of wannabes with our relentless snark. It probably is a little harder to fit in here than other sites. So what. It's the hard that makes it great.

14. Neuropyramidal

And a spoiler section for the off season, during filming. And to perhaps update the episode section so that it actually has subsections for the new episodes lol. There is a section taking up space on this forum that has had a total of 5 new threads started in 2015, with a total of less than 30 posts. In a year. The idea that they are still juggling with the FTWD section being worth the space is frankly...ridiculous.

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, A lot of newbies don't know how to take the 'snark' and just fade out.. The ones who give snark back tend to stick around..

The million dollar question is this show going to do well, or is it going to completely tank. Do we put the effort in for a show that may tank? We've been discussing the FTWD for months and this is the question we come back to. We've really had to review the first few episodes to gauge what to do, and it's still on a knifes edge if this show is going to do well or tank.

Tony D & I have been keeping an eye on the show and constantly debating if there is enough demand for this show to extend the FTWD section. Tony D requested last week that the section be expanded, I agreed & got to work on some new icons in Photoshop for an episodes section with separate episode sections, characters section, spoilers section and a general TV series section.

This is my private forum issues photo album (which I've made public temporarily) that contains the new FTWD sub-forum buttons:
    http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/members/h5n1/albums/forum-issues-1422/

Tony D is compiling all the titles & synopsis for each episode to correspond to the new episode buttons and we're almost ready to let Harley know we've finished.

16. Neuropyramidal

Its good to see that there is at least some idea of expanding the section, and I hope the proposal passes, because this is really a no-brainer. We have entire sections of this forum dedicated to things like 'creative art' that have had 5 new threads started in almost a year. FTWD is currently a part of the TWD franchise, and has over 4000 posts dedicated to it already here. There's really no valid debate here. It deserves a characters and spoiler section, as well as competent treatment of the episodes thread, which appears to have been forgotten. But, I certainly hope this plan goes through.

#136 Neuropyramidal, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  17. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

The snark and absolute irreverence of some of the posters is what I appreciate about this forum. It's no holds barred and hugs if you get it.

18. justafanaticfan

I mostly just read comments and don't post much but you guys seriously crack me up. Maybe someday I'll be one of the great snarks around here.

Edited to add: look, I just figured out how to quote. Yay me.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think we should be nicer to n00bs when they first arrive, to foster in them a false sense of security. It'll make it sweeter when we snark them.

20. Neuropyramidal

I think we should have dabulls stand at the door wearing a helmet and randomly hand people sausage when they arrive, and say "here's your ticket". Newcomers will assume that if he is accepted, anyone can belong.