Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102} Rate the Damn Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by Dnae, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Go......

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Going with 8 again....really enjoying this show!

3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I give it an 8 as well. Good episode this week.

4. Hope the Savior

Same as last week: 8.5.

5. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

I'll go a 9 another great build-up episode, with some Schmidt starting to hit the fan.

Sucks to have to wait 2 weeks. I would have gladly found time during the holiday weekend to watch!

6. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

8.6/10

I do not like that Madison and Travis are doing a bad job filling people in (especially Alicia). That is my ONLY complaint so far.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The dialogue is not as solid as the S1 of TWD, and the reactions of some of the characters are a bit off [like Alicia agreeing to leave Matt without really asking for an actual explanation of WHY they had to leave him], but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll give it an 8.612.

8. Hope the Savior

Thank you! It bugged me that neither one of them communicated their concerns to Alicia, Chris, or Liza, especially Alicia when she was being so rebellious. Yes, Little Miss Asshole is very defiant, but if Madison had simply explained to her what happened with Cal under the bridge (he tried to bite them, he didn't die from fatal injuries, etc.), LMA may have reined in her obstinate concern for Matt.

9. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

This one's a 9 at !east ! Very fast paced. Twists .

10. Driver'sSeat

Driver'sSeat New Member

I liked this one better than last week's premiere; I'd go with a 9ish. I'm like some others, I found myself saying, "Just tell them what's going on!" when it came to reasons. I mean, what are they protecting them from at this point?

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the main reason Madison and Travis aren't doing a real good job of filling people in is they are trying to keep their loved ones away from what they see is going on. Rather or not that is a good decision or not it is a natural reaction that a lot of people have as a way of trying to keep their loved ones safe.

I'm really enjoying the development of this series. At this rate by a fifth season I could see myself being more attached to this group than I am to the TWD cast of characters. TWD relies heavily on action and that covers up many of the faults in the character development. The fact that this show is making us care about the characters without having them go out shooting up zombies or other people is a great sign.

I also have absolutely no worries about the teen characters anymore as they are being portrayed very well.

I give this episode a 9.

12. TROR

TROR Member

9/10
    It has a few flaws, but is easily the best of the series so far

13. Neuropyramidal

I agree with you except for TWD relying heavily on action. I think TWD is more character development driven than the vast majority of sci-fy type drama television. I really don't see it as action heavy at all.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I have come to realize it's pretty hard to **** up a zombie Apocalypse show or movie, but there is just so much nonsense going on here... Terrible writing is all I can say. I know that sounds so beat but it really is bad...don't even know where to start...but all in all the hopelessness and despair is starting to set in...so I say 7.0

15. Neuropyramidal

so terrible....

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I mean, maybe I missed a few things, but, what was Tobias doing at the school..? How did Matt get bit? and how did Obama turn??

17. Neuropyramidal

Tobias was getting food. Matt got bit because he came across a walker and that walker's teeth penetrated his flesh. Art should have left the building if he got bitten, but who knows how it went down.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

...and after all that they leave the school without any food? Tobias left Maddies car empty handed....

19. TROR

TROR Member

Didn't he and Maddie have bags?

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Nope. They left the school empty handed.. makes no sense.