Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102} Rate the Damn Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by Dnae, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

How those people got bit really isn't that important. If a show tried to explain everything like that it would go absolutely no where or would need to have two hour long weekly episodes.

All the principal and Matt are are plot devices to let the main characters learn about what is going on anyway. No need to explain how those characters got bit. What did need explaining is how this group was able to beat the odds and survive and with that the show is doing an excellent job.

They survived because they got an early warning because of the experience from the drug addicted son. They survived because right after that they got another warning by seeing Alicia's boyfriend sick and were able to put two and two together.

They survived because of the early warning they got from Tobias.

Few would have gotten any warning signs like that and only a very small percentile would have gotten all of them.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, after being attacked by a monster, and having your teacher kill that monster, you might be in a state of shock and forget about food.

3. Neuropyramidal

You should try to think more deeply.

4. cdrive

cdrive New Member

I think the writing choices are all being made brilliantly and that twice the fun is coming here to read some of the hilarious, shallow criticism. The writers are purposefully frustrating you, it's what keeps you hypnotized & walking towards the light, and you complain about it. You don't get instant gratification on unresolved questions. The writers are saving yourself from yourself. Jam some more popcorn in your mouth and pay attention.

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

NO. I don't think so.. It would just reinforce the fact that all hell is breaking lose and the need for stocking up on food would be much more important now..

6. Neuropyramidal

Emotional trauma is more deep than that.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm sure you would know.

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

No Way. They would have become more determined to stock up... Also, Tobias goes to the school to stock up on food without a vehicle??? Makes no sense.

9. Neuropyramidal

Tobias is a paranoid teenager. He acted exactly as one would expect him to. And getting attacked by, and watching your principal killed, wouldn't necessarily direct your thoughts to canned goods. Think deeply.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Not when the only reason why he was there was to stock up on food... and I'm not even going to get into Tobias wanting his little goofy knife back...you mean to tell me he couldn't replace that little knife in all that time?? It was just a poorly written scene..

11. Neuropyramidal

The knife desire was odd. But I implore you to expand your mind a bit and understand that all characters would not do what you yourself would do. Please. Exercise your mind.

12. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

People have such little imagination . Tobias is a weakling, but he knows it . The knife for him is a tellstone. ...Something that he has faith in, even if it is futile.

GAHHH ! People are stupid. I don't know why I bother !

13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Mtito I think you are trying to judge the characters decisions based off of what we already know from watching five seasons of TWD. You need to remember that this is the very beginning again and these people have no clue what to do nor how bad it will eventually get.

In anycase I don't see how you could possibly think the writing in this show is bad while at the same time think the writing and story in ZNation is good.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Solid episode, I give it a 9 out of 10. The shit is really starting to hit the fan.

15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

4 out of 10. And I'm probably being very generous. Nick is still the only character with any hint of personality. Everybody else is bland at best (father, mother, and daughter) or unlikeable at worst (travis' first family which only trait so far is being annoying).

He didn't really seemed that bothered during the scene when she dropped him off. Maybe it's just poor acting. On further note, it was still bright sunlight during that scene and dark nighttime when she returned with the drugs for Nick. What the hell took so long?

16. John

John Member

Traffic was a killer.

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Maybe after Maddie dropped off Tobias,she was so happy she got the goofy kid out of the way she pulled over and screamed out in joy "That food is all mine mine mine" and she went back to the school and loaded up for a couple of hours... The food is still in the trunk though..the writers don't have to tell us everything..

18. jamracer

jamracer New Member

didnt tobias stab the princepal in his head and he kept coming?

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Are you kidding me?? The first 2 episodes of Znation were 5,000 times more interesting and better then this..At least Znation had a mission, a game plan right from the get go...and all the characters were interesting people,... Murphy may be the best character of any zombie show..

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

This whole post is hilarious. I applaud you, you sexy little comedic genius.