Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102} Rate the Damn Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by Dnae, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Last week I rated the 1st episode 4/10.

Episode 2 I rate 7/10.

A definite improvement.

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges. I watched a few episodes of Z-nation and I can see why a lot of people can prefer it to TWD. It's fast paced, it has a goal-oriented storyline and it has fun defined characters. TWD and I guess FTWD are on the complete opposite of the spectrum.

On a further note, I cannot believe how little humor there is in TWD. So many missed opportunities for for dark humor. Besides, even in the darkest of times, people will try to find humor to create levity and ease a situation. I dunno I guess that's why Eugene's my current favorite character as he's the only one who spouts bizarre lines and has the most eccentric personality.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8.5/10. This episode was definitely an improvement on last week's episode purely for the fact there was a lot more drama. Not that I'm complaining about the premiere because that was pretty good too! Good job AMC... but why do I have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode?!

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Another solid 8.
    [MENTION=15021]Suiseiseki[/MENTION] We have to wait two weeks because next week is a holiday.

5. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Predictable Characters No Suprises Bad Start

If not for the Walking Dead I would not have watched the second episode. The characters are more like a Tyler Perry show than a good show. I am sure the writers worked hard but ended up with mediocrity. A blended family with issues wow I better go back and catch up on Step By Step, The Brady Bunch and Dr. Phil. So far only Tobias and the water hording cop have been interesting characters and it looks like they are gone (looks like so maybe there is hope). Sadly The Walking Dead has already played the mullet card or we might at least have that, maybe a skateboarder with a blue mohawk, I say that only because that is trite which makes it fit right in.

The premise could be interesting and easy to fix if they get creative, which I really hope they do. But this season is done so it will be a while. I hope they don't infect The Walking Dead with The Fear The Walking Dead mediocrity virus.

My Rating:
    First Episode : 2
    Second Episode : 2.1

6. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I can understand why Madison and Travis, and even Tobias are doing things that dont seem to make sense to certain people here. Im a mum, I have teenage children. We had a situation this summer when my 16 year old daughter needed major surgery to remove a massive growth in the middle of her brain. It all happened in the space of 3 weeks. She started with mild headaches and it escalated quickly to severe headaches with constant vomiting for 3 weeks while drs told me it was only migraines probably due to exam/end of year stress. I finally took her into A&E and refused to take her home until they did something for her. I was frantic inside, but completely calm outwardly bc I couldnt risk scaring everyone else in my family, especially her. I had to be in control. I did exactly what Madison did. I cried when I was alone and I was strong when I was around my kids, but I look back and some of the things I did in that timeframe was out of character or just odd. The acting was excellent. When my daughter was in the hospital and the f-ing dr's/nurses pulled their f-ing fingers out and agreed to a ct scan they soon became very apologetic when they realised how massive of a growth there was in my daughters head. When I saw it on the scan I was in complete shock. They had to move her to another hospital hundred miles away and I had to hurry and pack clothes for her and I. I packed ridiculous stuff bc I was in a state of shock. I can understand Madison leaving the food. My other daughter had to pack the rest of what we'd need and bring it up a few days later. The grown was benign, it was actually caused by a bleed on the brain which filled a cyst she'd had for a very long long time but we never knew. She's recovering but I could totally relate to Madison with her children! It was well acted, well written and absolutely spot on.

#46 WhatThe..., Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Znation is really a dark comedy while TWD/FTWD is a straight up survival horror show which is why some people will like Znation and some people will absolutely hate it.

As for me I could respect Znation a little more if it didn't just completely rip off its story from the Last of Us. I would rather watch one of those horrible low budget zombie movies on tv than Znation for that very reason.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Great, just great. Now I have a snow pea lodged in my nasal passage. Who is going to pay for that?

9. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Oh and I rate it 10/10...awesome

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Labor Day weekend.

11. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

\

I never got around to playing Last of Us. But the storyline in Z-nation isn't exactly original.

12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Need a little more realistic reaction from our group. They seem a bit too collected in terms of what they did, what they saw, and what they think is happening. Madison's breakdown in the bathroom was as close as that got

13. CLEAR

CLEAR Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Found it to be tense. 9.

14. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Guess I'm gonna be in the minority again. I think 102 was a bit better than the first episode, but then it was just an hour of nothing happening instead of an hour and a half.

There is so much potential with this show and they just keep blowing it. So what did we get this time?

We get everyone running around trying to make cell phone calls and not getting connections.
    We get long shots of Chris filming the police brutality, instead of showing us the police brutality.
    More cell phone calls and not getting connections.
    We get Travis and group staring out the slits in the security door, instead of showing us what is going on outside that door.
    Even More cell phone calls and WAIT we got a connection. Crap lost it again.
    We get the most confusing traffic patterns ever seen on the planet. Either everyone is bumper to bumper, or no one else is on the road.
    Our heroes abandon Alicia's squeeze to his fate. Wouldn't bringing him to a hospital be a more sensible thing to do?
    We get Maddie abandoning Tobias even though he is completely alone, a teenager barely beyond puberty. Why not tell him he is going with her. Especially as he seems to be the only one who has a complete understanding of what is going on.
    Speaking of - sure would have liked to find out how he knows all this. Oh well, too late now, he's gone for good.

Seriously, people? This is great television? Yes, I know they are not showing us anything On Purpose to build up the suspense. It isn't working. At least the cast did a better job acting this time around. Much more believable family dynamics.

15. Maeva

Maeva Member

9/10

Agreed on the communication issues, but otherwise it was pretty damn good.

16. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I liked this more than the pilot. I give it a 9.

17. banks

banks Member

I rate it a 9 since it restored my faith in this series after a bad pilot.:zombies_cuinlove:

18. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

A solid nine, maybe even a teeny bit farther. While watching, when it was over, I was surprised that an hour had passed.

19. Lars

Lars Member

7. Not that much happend, and it's getting a bit to slow.

20. Stonewall

Stonewall New Member

7/10 Getting better but still needs work. I'm tired of being stuck with this one family and want to know more about what others are seeing and thinking. This ep they did begin to touch on some of that, but still we have to focus on this one family and I just don't care about the drug addiction problem story line. Also, don't care if anyone in this family were to die -- just not connecting with them. Too bad they killed Art -- I liked him the best so far. Would have liked more focus on police situation and also on some of the neighbors. I expect it will get better