Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[103] The Dog - Rate the Damn Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Dnae, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

A little underwhelmed with this episode compared to the first two. Will require a second watching to give an honest rating

3. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

4.2 The Monopoly game did it for me.

4. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I liked it, but could have done without the close up of that poor puppy. It will haunt me : ( I'll give it 7.5

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 7, only because I don't know where this series is headed yet, and so I don't know what a 10 looks like yet. Enjoyed the episode though!

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

To be honest it's probably my least favorite of the three so far, but still good. I'll go with 8.1

7. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Say wha? I thought this was the best episode so far :zombies_lol: The episodes have been getting better and better I'd give it a 9.

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought this episode was every bit as good as most of TWD's episodes and I am growing even fonder of these characters. Solid 9 for me.

I think I am going to like this show better simply because we don't know the general direction the show will go. Guess some people prefer to know the general direction though.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Second watching and I am still on the fence about this episode. While I think it had some very good moments, the episode as whole seemed a bit lackluster. Maybe I was expecting a bit more in the way of the riots, the fall of the hospital, law enforcement although trying to maintain order yet failing, etc. All of those types of scenarios just seemed a bit rushed to me. And while I would have like a bit more exploration of these scenes, it would have slowed down the progression of moving our characters' stories forward. I suppose there is only so much that you can get into each episode of a short six episode season and still maintain the forward momentum.

After giving myself the above 2 minute therapy session I think I have a better understanding, or at the very least acceptance, for this episode. The previous episodes I gave ratings of 8. For this one I am going to give it a 7.5. Still fan of the show, and still believe that overall we will be given a really good story that will bring me back for season 2.

BTW....I miss Rick

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think we need to remember that we are seeing the fall of the city through the perspective of these characters. And that is not going to be an overall display of what is going on but instead little snap shots here and there. Having characters just sit there and watch the riots so the audience could see what was going on would just be dumb decision making by the character. They would try to find a way out of there quickly as they could like the characters in the show have done.

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Ima go with 7-8 range. Daniel Salazar definitely the hero this time, but minus one for no Tobias. It's becoming painfully obvious that neither Madison nor Travis, as humanitarians and teachers, are equipped to do the dirty work that needs to be done at this point. It's also a very realistic reaction for the average citizen who's new to apocalypses.

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

High 8's. The most engaging episode for me so far. The pace moved quickly and there were a lot of cuts back and forth between the growing cast of characters.

The only real downside is that Travis is a peacenik.

#12 westwingnut, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  13. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of this episode... 8 1/2!

I like Maddie more and more.

14. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I thought this episode was way better than the other 2.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They're doing a great job with this series so far, particularly since TWD audience came in with high expectations.

Really enjoying the slow collapse of civilization. We have people with different levels of awareness intermingled into it all, depending upon what they've seen or where they've been.

I like how they've brought together what appears to be the initial core group, and I really like how they continued to develop the Daniel Salazar character in this episode. He's one of my favorites.

16. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

8.5 Thought ep moved well and really liked scene with Maddy conflicted about Susan, but was T-Dog doing taking out the neighbor's trash ?

17. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I give it an 8.
    My only real beef was that Madison, Nick and Alicia left their door open just moments after seeing the walker in front of their house. I would not do this at night ever, but particularly not when there's a walking corpse who used to be my neighbor out front.
    The Monopoly game...eh... Madison's attempt to normalize a situation that's spiraling out of control. I think she's trying to shield Alicia so she doesn't freak out about Matt, such as what happened when Alicia first sees Susan.
    I liked Daniel Salazar and Travis' ex wife in this episode. I find Travis annoying. I still like Nick - but I think we get it, he's a drug addict and makes bad choices, but still...change your damn clothes and quit asking for pills...he's got a lot of potential so I hope they don't him relegate him into such a one dimensional character...at least he recognizes these "infected" are really already dead, so that was a plus.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I enjoyed this episode a lot.. It was really very spooky and suspensful at times, and I really enjoyed that.. We are really starting to get to know the characters personalitys.. Some I'm starting to like, and some I starting to not like. I would give this episode a solid 8.99999.

19. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think it was the best of the 3 so far I'm giving it an 8.

20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I'll give it an 8. Just as equally entertaining as the last one.