Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

104- Rate The Damn Episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 20, 2015.

1. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm the only one that will be "bonding with Rick".

2. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Haha, you're so funny, where do you come up with this stuff? ;)

I agree though. Can that hot guy be in every episode, pls? The series would be massively improved, even if all he did was walk around LA saying "Get your shit together, Grimes." I'd watch that shit.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Probably, if you are shopping in the poultry section of Tops.

4. VickGrimes

Considering you and I share a brain, it was only a matter of time before I inadvertently stole one of your "jokes". At least I don't go around stealing your gifs.

I totally agree about the second part though, I hope to see him in next week's episode. I wonder if he'll say "Making it now, you really think you can do that without getting blood on your hands?" again. So hot.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

A good 8.5 kernels of popcorn out of 10. Military guy playing golf reminded of the Governor. And a whole lot of jock school administrators too, for some reason.

6. VickGrimes

More like sausages

7. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, he has sausage fingers. That's a hen with rheumatoid arthritis.

8. VickGrimes

I'm very familiar with his fingers. Listen, you're never going to make him not hot, so stop trying ;)

9. Neuropyramidal

That is a job already done for me. The chicken legs and visible liver outline do it for me. :p.

10. VickGrimes

Your argument is invalid to anyone that has eyeballs.

11. Neuropyramidal

And your argument is invalid to anyone who has human penile detectors.

12. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I liked it. 8.69

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

8.5. I give it 7.5 in general, plus one because Madison and the soldier gave Nick the ass-kicking he so richly deserved.

Edited to add the part about the soldier, and to change "whooping" to "kicking". It's a West Wing thing.

#33 westwingnut, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  14. Hope the Savior

I give this episode an 8.8. I think it nicely portrayed the shift in survivors’ attitudes about the military response and the growing mistrust, frustration, and anger. I liked that the teenagers spoke the opening and closing monologues and that part of the visual focus of those scenes was the fate of the survivor(s) inside the house. I also enjoyed the nods to the Governor and Martinez, and I especially loved the can of ass-whooping Maddy served Nick. I am quite curious to see if Travis’ perception of the military will change, especially after what he witnessed at the episode’s end.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This one was my least favorite of the season so far. My one problem with the episode is that we jumped 9 days from the military locking down that community and it just wasn't seamless enough for me. We went from mayhem in the LA area to everything outside the protected area to being a virtual "dead zone." For a show that was doing a great job of slowly showing us the outbreak I felt a little cheated by the time skip.

I think they could've done the same character development we had and notching up the tension with the military by spreading the episode out over a longer period of time. We could've even had a time skip of a few day after a commercial break to get us to the point we were toward the end.

I really like how they are developing Madison, Daniel and Nick the most. The episode ended on a nice cliffhanger.

And don't trust anyone that golfs in the Zombie Apocalypse.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I found it high in initial entertainment value but then the more I think about it......
    I am a little more inclined to accept the Dead Walking again to eat the Living than I am the demise of L.A. in less than 9 days as they are asking we accept from this episode with no evidence or explanation.

Add in the silly depiction of the Military who enacted the slaughter but now seems like they are on some kind of Vacation between acting like Nazis in their own Homeland and this one just leaves me cold.

Anxious but Cold.

17. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

2, hate the direction it's gone in!

18. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I actually thought that this was the best episode so far. I like how there is a divide growing between the characters and the military and can't wait to see how it plays out. 9 out of 10

19. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

It was pretty slow, I'll give it a 6.5

20. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I really liked it - 9.5. I liked when Alicia told them to stop acting like everything is normal. The scene with Madison smacking Nick around was unexpected and intense. Nick siphoning the old man's morphine...shocking and disturbing...but true addict behavior. The characters seemed to be developing a bit more depth. Maddie's hella pissed with Liza and Travis is still an epic moron.I like how Ofelia used her womanly wiles to try and get the meds for her mama. I like Chris more every time I see him I rewatched E2 & 3 prior to this and am really starting to get into the show - looking forward to next week...bummed there's only 2 episodes left