Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

105 Rate the Damn Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Dnae, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Best ep so far ... 9

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This was a virtually useless episode for me, too, so maybe I can answer a little bit.

I despised this episode. Gratuitous torture is disgusting. Nihilistic destruction is nothing I want to see. The library massacre would have been much more enlightening if we had seen inside, to get a concrete observation of "when it goes, it goes fast."

"Interesting" for me will be when people start pulling together to survive. I've already given up on ever seeing what would have been the most interesting thing of all: a cascading view of how society stopped working, what group of imbeciles shut off communications, etc.

P.S. Forgot to give it a rating. Um, 1. That's generous.

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

You don't want torture, destruction, massacre but you're watching a show about a zombie apocalypse.

You're either the most naive fan of zombie fiction or just wanting to be disappointed.

Which is it?

4. Lindigo

LOL I want the zombies to be the ones who dish out the horror, not the humans. LOL LOL, seriously, I understand what you're saying, but I scared the cat laughing so suddenly.

5. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It's a very old trope. "Humans are the real monsters"

Zombies only do what's natural to them. Humans choose to be evil.

6. Lindigo

Good point.

But, as much as I enjoy TWD and the horrors they face down from both zombies and sociopaths, I will still be traumatized instead of entertained by FTWD if it harps on an excess of human evils. That is just wearying.

7. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

The walking dead had governor zombie thunder dome and cannibals who lured innocent people in and ate them.

But Daniel torturing a guy for information is too much.

8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Here is what is interesting to me. In the first episode of TWD by the end of the night in the house I really cared about Morgan and his son and his wife who was already as zombie. Why? Because the characters were engaging and believable and interesting. These characters have not been any of that.

9. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

Solid character work all around

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I give it a 9. I enjoyed the whole episode - from the introduction of Strand to seeing the darker side of Daniel. Daniel using torture was disturbing. Loved Nick's facial expression when Strand told him he's the gold standard and not to sell himself short in that regard.
    Bummed we only get one more episode but at least we'll have TWD ( super excited to see Morgan!)

11. Lindigo

Yep. Heroes need villains, but I watch TWD for the heroes. I want to leave the vicious mayhem to the zombies, not a resident sadist. A few have suggested maybe this survival group is going to be heavy on sociopathy. I hope not.... I wouldn't be able to root for their survival anymore than I rooted for the Governor or the Termanites.

12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

It's almost a reverse dynamic ( at this point) from TWD. In TWD, the immediate threat were the walkers before they moved on to meeting up with unsavory humans. It seems the opposite in Fear, where they are dealing with shady humans before they have to take on a herd of skinbags. Just a random thought.
    I think the common theme is that good and bad are subjective in the ZA