Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[109] Finish the Song, Discussion

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Meet Jackie and Nate.

[​IMG]

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And we would know them from...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Neuropyramidal

The world renowned Jackie and Nate syndicated radio program, J & N Talk The Do's and Don't of Bonobo Sex. :p

No, they are just two series-original characters we will meet next episode.

4. Biffster

Haha! Well okay then.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Is this episode the penultimate or the finale?

6. Neuropyramidal

penultimate. And its 65 minutes. ;).

And the finale is 80 minutes.

7. Biffster

Followed by Talking Preacher, I believe with Chris Hardwick (after the finale).

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am so excited for these last two episodes and yet at the same time I am devastated that there are only two episodes remaining. It will be a long and arduous wait until season 2

9. Neuropyramidal

At least you'll have that one show with the zombies in between. :p

What you need to do is find someone who has never watched Preacher, and start watching it with them, from the beginning, and experience it all again, through the eyes of a Preacher virgin.

10. Neuropyramidal

11. Neuropyramidal

Good episode, and a bit of a game changer.

Emily's character can never be the same. Maybe same goes for Jesse's and Cassidy's.

Looks like Cowboy's personal hell was living that sequence over and over. At first I was dubious about whether we needed to see the same footage again, but once I realized that this repetition was what the Cowboy himself was living, I think it worked.

12. Neuropyramidal

If you look closely at Fiore and Deblanc's travel tickets, it states that "beverages are not included" and they are travelling in class "nimrod". And the travel agent's name is Lucinda.

13. Neuropyramidal

Lucy Griffith's [Emily] thought on the Miles decision:

[FONT=&quot]Q: In Episode 9, Emily makes a bold move: She feeds Miles to Cassidy. Why do you think she does that? What does that moment mean to her?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A: I think it’s her way of regaining control of her life and saving herself. She watches the moviePsycho and sees her own situation in the scene about being trapped. She’s not literally trapped, but she feels completely trapped. She was never taught to assert herself and go after what she wants. Sadly, she’s got the capacity to realize what she’s missing and to feel frustrated and lost. Unfortunately, she doesn’t see a way out. Miles is such a powerful man in the town and she can’t really argue with the level of security he could bring her, but the thought of being with him forever is terrifying for her. Nothing could be worse, as far as she feels.[/FONT]

14. Biffster

Episode felt a little slow after last week's build up, and the rehash of the Cowboy's private hell seemed to go on and on—though I guess that's the point. Makes one wonder if Eugene's private hell is reliving the attempted murder-suicide over and over. Cassidy's recovery was interesting, but overall I don't think this episode was as strong as last week's. Looking forward to the finale, and I hope they don't give too much away in the trailers!

Best line: angel hands. How many you want? Three? Four?

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Just a quick post about the episode before my Monday is set in motion.

I really liked the episode. Thought it had some great moments. Will of course watch again to pay closer attention to those scenes that I may have not picked up on a nuance or two.

Overall this episode did what most penultimate episode do.....it took on the unenviable task of laying the groundwork for the finale. And I have no doubt that the finale is going to be exceptional.

As Seth Rogen stated in an interview with Kevin Smith, question being "what can we expect in the finale"? And Seth replied: "god is coming to Texas"

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

To me this was the darkest episode yet. I really really liked it. I was shocked when Emily fed Miles to Cassidy. (that sounds funny) And I thought they did the Cowboy scene quite well....really giving us a sense of how it feels to be in his own private hell. I liked that they drew that out throughout the whole season and then pieced it all together over and over in this one.

The scene with the sheriff and the Angel in the bathtub was crazy dark too. The look in his eyes as he was strangling her. Then her appearing behind him and him never knowing. He did her a favor in a way he'll never understand. lol

Most cushy acting gig ever? The part of Walter. lol

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode, so many things I thought tied up the season and set things in motion for the season finale.

Highlights for me: Emily feeding Miles to Cassidy - once Tulip made her believe Jessie was up for grabs, Miles never stood a chance. The sheriff and the archangel in the bathtub, it's hard to get a bead on the sheriff. First he's a dick, then he's maybe not, not he is a maniac. Tulip listening to Jessie telling her it's only her for him, then getting to work on Carlos. Cassidy forgiving Jessie, because he "put him out eventually".

I cannot wait for the finale, it's going to be so awesome. This is honestly my favorite show right now. Only Mr. Robot comes close.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Actually my oldest daughter wants to watch it. She has listened to enough of my yammering on and on about it that she "feels confident that it will not be a waste of time". Granted I am surprised that she admits to the possibility of liking the show, she was pretty butt hurt that I gave GoT a try and just could not get into the rhythm of it.

And yes, I do have a few shows to tide me over (i.e. Mr. Robot, FTWD, Vikings, and TWD) until season 2

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

At first I thought Emily was going to drag Walter into the Cassidy's lair. And THEN I thought that she was going to offer herself to Cassidy just so she could escape what she deemed as feeling trapped. Boy was I shocked when she made that call to Miles - did not see that coming AT ALL!!

Oh my gosh, the angel in the bath...my stomach actually turned (and I can take a fair amount of gore without it being a bother). And when the sheriff made the decision to kill her...at one point he seemed to be enjoying it a fair bit too much. My thought was he was transferring all of his guilt, anxiety and rage over Eugene into that one strangle hold.

The Cowboy - well off the bat, that was a freakin' blood bath of an opener! And then at the end during the first cycle of repeating his journey felt a bit out of sync, not needed. Until of course I realized upon the second rotation and how it was abbreviated a bit that this was playing out to illustrate the cycle of what his hell was. And then I had this silly memory come to me of a very old Saturday Night Live skit with Paul Simon. Paul enters an elevator, the Muzak version of Bridge Over Troubled Water is playing and the devil (Jon Lovitz) informs him that this is now his (Paul Simon's) personal hell. The elevator door closes and what I assume is that the elevator door never opens and Paul has to hear that song over and over for eternity. Sometimes I wonder how my brain jumps from a scenrio such as Cowboy Serial Killer to a Paul Simon SNL skit in a millisecond