Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[109] Finish the Song, Discussion

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 21, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I didn't even think about her possible feeding Walter to Cassidy. Are we EVER going to see an awake Walter? lol

LOL that's funny about your SNL reminder. The Cowboy hell scene reminded me of something similar but I couldn't place it until now. It just hit me. They had a VERY similar scene but a lot longer and with a lot more repetitions in this season of Dr Who. Not going to say much else in case I give anything away but yeah.....done the EXACT same way....faster and faster with little scenes omitted each time just like this. Hmmmmm....

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same things! When she was watching Psycho, and listening to the parts about being trapped i thought she might sacrifice herself to feed Cassidy - then at some point they panned out and showed Walter just snoozing away on the couch and i was like "no way...she wouldn't!" That definitely would have put her on Tulip's shit list lol.

As for the Sheriff - i thought "wow he's really getting into this". He went from trying to console her and tell her everything will be fine to strangling her with a look of death & anger in his eyes. There was definitely some projecting going on there.

I also guessed it was the cowboy's personal hell when they started replaying it again the 2nd time - and for me, seeing it over & over was starting to get a little painful/repetitive which I think was the point...to show us how he feels lol.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought for a minute that we were leading up to Walter getting fed to Cassidy. I was picturing a scene where Emily slowly guiding Walter down the hallways, while he walked on, half awake with no idea what was going on, until she closed the door behind him. That would have been pretty sad.

I'm surprised I haven't heard much about people claiming they will no longer watch Preacher due to the animal sacrifices, the way we did last week.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Since you know...the animals were really eaten by a vampire. I was sad about it too, but luckily I can separate reality from fiction.

5. Neuropyramidal

You can tell the angels have pretty resilient psyches lol. For most people, sitting in a bathtub with no arms or legs for several days would be pretty psychologically upsetting. But Susan the angel immediately just walks away professionally, like "ok, back to work".

And I thought the same thing about Walker's acting gig, although a couple of his sleeping positions have not looked too comfortable. And he probably has to hold still for very long times during takes. I imagine he needs Motrin at night after shooting. :p

#25 Neuropyramidal, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. PepperAnn

Apparently he drinks himself into a new state of slumber off camera. Either that or it's the longest most epic hangover ever. :p

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ugh, whiners and complainers be damned! I am an animal lover BUT I understand that the rectangular boxy shaped looking thing in my house that projects images of people (and also animals) I do not know telling stories that are just that....stories, are not really inside that rectangular boxy shaped thing in my house!

8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

So what about those Pokemon thingies that keep appearing in the neighbourhood? I suppose you're going to say they're not real next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Neuropyramidal

That spot where Fiore and Deblanc are picked up by the Distant Vistas van is the same spot where Walter White waits for his van 'to a new life' in Breaking Bad. In both shows, when the van drives away, a similar looking dog is seen crossing the street. In Breaking bad, it crosses from left to right, and in Preacher, right to left. ;)

10. Biffster

And let's don't forget Jesse Pinkman, in his moment of realization.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought of that scene in Breaking Bad right as the bus pulled away and was wondering if it was the same spot :-O

12. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh no.....those are real!

15. Neuropyramidal

On my way to save Eugene!!!

[​IMG]

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

18. Neuropyramidal

They got the American flag from 1881 correct. Thirty-eight stars.

19. Biffster

20. PepperAnn

I thought it looked like a familiar scene!