Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[110] Call and Response, Discussion!!

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 29, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

"What did you do with all the dinosaurs???!!!" <--- Lmao!

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Ima guess prolly next April or May. Carlos looked a lot like a Walker after Tulip and Jesse were done with him, which I'm pretty sure was not a coincidence (being AMC and all).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PepperAnn

The sign placement as he was walking (or attempting to walk) down the sidewalk after the beat down was HILARIOUS.

[​IMG]

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

haha I thought the same thing about looking like a walker.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So far they've only said "2017". I'm sure it will be sometime after TWD season 7 ends, so we have something in the gap. My guess is May or June. This is a summer show, I think.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Preacher saying "come on, it's like Lady & the Tramp, except with our butts" when they discovered the interesting item in the bank safe?

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

It's almost like Jesse saved his life by sending him there.

9. PepperAnn

Yes!! Lmao. And Seth Rogan and the other dude made a joke like they were eating both ends with it on Talking Preacher too. lol

Ahh the irony...

10. Biffster

Not intentionally, of course, but it seems to have worked out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Neuropyramidal

I just watched it a second time. When the Indian hangs himself, the barrel he kicks out from under himself says "Grail Industries" on it.

12. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Interesting Neuro! Just one more thing to look forward to. :)

I agree with everything said above for cool and funny moments. They are soooo good at putting easter eggs in the show and as previously stated, the way they melt all the darkness with humor and shock is just amazing.

I also LOL'd at how Jesse called out the fake god based on him picking his nose! I had noticed it on a previous glimpse and the 2nd time it happened he called him out! Also in that magnificent scene, it was interesting how it turned out Genisys even has control over angels etc. I wonder if it would work on the Saint of Killers too?

So much to look forward to, I am so glad I started watching!

13. Biffster

The nose picking/I was just scratching it definitely came from the Sermon on the Mount scene in Life of Brian. Fake-God himself was reminiscent of God in the Holy Grail ("Stop that grovelling!")

14. PepperAnn

I missed this. I thought he called him out because the fake god didn't know that Eugene was in hell....?

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Definitely a quote-worthy scene. Loved it!

16. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I think one of my favourite interchanges was with Jesse and the false God.

(paraphrasing)

"You're not God."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not...I saw you picking your nose."

"I wasn't picking it...I was scratching."

17. Neuropyramidal

18. Chiron

Chiron Member

This series sometimes freaks me out and not in a good way. Mascot hangings and meat baby noooooooooooo I couldn't take it. Meat baby especially gave me nightmares. As bad as the kill floor soundtrack and the cow vs people innards. Geeez. Man. Too much for me at times - must LOOK AWAY. The meat related scenes oh nooooooo.

Loved opening scene and Carlos justice. Emily does her character so well too. Didn't have much time for the God reveal. It was weak.
    I hope Hugo does not die and we see more of Eugene. I would be gutted if DeBlanc can't regenerate but maybe those are the rules. At least poor Fiore has his comics back until we find out more.

Despite being the protagonist Jesse doesn't strike me as the strongest character and I don't really wait to see what's next with him. I hope they improve on him a bit as at times he is all over the place. He led Cassidy burn pretty bad too before he got the mayor snack (oooooo devious Emily haha). Funny how the vampire turns out to be the biggest moral compass.

Looking forward to season 2. It is very, very well done and esp. Lovvvve the attention to detail, the changing way they set up shots, and each character you can tell brings that detail into every scene; not sloppy at all : it is brilliant.

19. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

But that's exactly what I like about Jesse. He's still trying to find himself. He's been struggling with his past, his inner demons, and with his new-found powers. That (to me) is what makes him especially interesting.

I love the relationship that Jesse has with Cassidy, and the potential storyline(s) it can perpetuate. Cassidy's a strong character, but he too has his flaws. Both Jesse and Cassidy learn from each other, and there will be (imo) an inevitable clash between them over Tulip.

Agreed, 1000%. :)

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This series freaks me out in the best way possible. I honestly loved season 1.

I also like the fact that every character is 3-dimensional, including Jessie. If he was just one thing with no room for growth or change or even for us to get to know why he is that way, he would be pretty boring.

I also love that the vampire is the moral heart of the show.