Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[110] Call and Response, Discussion!!

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Chiron

Chiron Member

I guess I mean acting wise Dominic Cooper is a bit shakier than other characters in owning Jesse and making him as watchable - maybe because he doesn't know who Jesse is given the wide options from which to choose: hired mobster/ bank robber/ assassin and errrr a preacher's son who prayed for his father's death and got it or a superman of God trying to save his wretched town and happens to possess perhaps the most powerful force in creation.

One of my fav lines ( and there are many clever ones) is when Jesse asks Eugene " You dug out of hell with your hands?" And Eugene replies " It's not that far"

Got me thinking.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Although there are a few girls here that will smack me for saying this, I completely agree with you on Dominic Cooper. *ducks*

Although I could watch him all day long......there's something about the way he delivers Jesse that keeps me from naming him as my fave character. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about it bugs me a little.

And the hell line is my fave quote of the season. lol

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

Ugh my quote thing sometimes goes dinglebat on ipad.

Awwwww nooo we love Dominic surely no whacks needed: oy English lad. He was in the History Boys on the West End for a long time and is a fine singer too. His partner is Ruth Negga. Jesse just needs a bit of conviction.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

How about the parts where he can be a real asshole sometimes? He's certainly no virtuous hero—more like the flawed antihero of Breaking Bad fame. Just keeping it real. It would be boring methinks if he had nothing to be redeemed from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PepperAnn

I'll tell you what REALLY bugged me and I know there is no one that doesn't agree. How long he let Cass burn. Didn't even flinch. And didn't really seem to care what happened to him after the fact if I remember correctly.

Eugene was a different story, he was more trying to convince himself than anyone else....that sending him to hell was no big deal. And he obviously finally cracked over his guilt on that. But Cass. That hurt.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yes!! The two instances where I felt my heart breaking: when Sheriff Root was asking if anyone had seen Eugene or knew where he was and when Cassidy was burning and Jesse just stood there. UGH, where is your "I Has a Sad" kitten meme when I need it? And the fact that Cassidy gave (threw) him the extinguisher, he really was banking on Jesse dousing the flames post haste. But alas we all know how that ended up. And the way he just sat back down at the dinner table....whew, my heart is hurting all over again :(

7. Chiron

Chiron Member

Eugene gave a very powerful performance before he was uhmm shall we say : sent down:
    What he said and the way he said it really got me thinking. Eugene is an amazing character and he really evokes compassion rather than pity because he is at heart so kind and he is truly repentant. Maybe when we see him in hell we may understand more what drove him to shoot the girl.

I think Jesse is of course possessed and that will play out in his character the same way the shocking consequences did. So some of what he does is probably not the real Jesse?

That said talking about the finale brings back Meat Baby to mind. Wish I had brain bleach or could unsee that. My eyes. My eyes.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, without giving any specific spoilers, if you ever decide to read the comics, you'll discover that Jesse and Cassidy at times treat each other pretty badly. And at other times, appear willing to give their life for each other. In the comics, Cassidy goes through spells where he is FAR from a good guy. At points in the comic, I was kind of disappointed at some of the evil that was revealed in Cassidy, because I really wanted to like him. But in the end, I still liked him.

In the comic, Jesse

9. Chiron

Chiron Member

10. PepperAnn

All I have to say is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overboard I know but don't ask.......BECAUSE I OVER-PROVIDE. :p

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member