Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1115 - Trust - Rate and Discuss

Discussion in 'Episode 1115 - Trust' started by BlackBird, Apr 1, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hi Admins, can we please have a board for Episodes 1115 and 1116?

And can this thread please be moved to 1115?

Thanks.

Well, I know a lot of you guys are losing enthusiasm for the show, but I thought this episode was stellar, so I’ll start the ball rolling on it.

#1 BlackBird, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  2. BlackBird

I really enjoyed this episode.

Plenty of focus on TF members and excellent suspense throughout.

Besides ‘trust’ as the central theme that has gelled the episode together beautifully, there’s been a lot of romance as well, done surprisingly well on all fronts.

(Because I enjoyed the episode so much, I’m going to let it slide that the most anticipated romance between Connie and Daryl appears to have been dropped completely.)

The Mercer/Princess pairing works beautifully. It’s been introduced and developed very believably. Princess is simply adorable and Mercer’s predicament as the troubled head of army of a corrupt government is interesting.

Eugene and Max have finally found one another and their connection is sweet and so pure.

But my goodness, Ezekiel’s love and complete devotion to Carol… it’s just one of the most endearing part of TWD. How can Carol resist him, I have no idea. He’s just so beautiful, inside and out. The way he’s decided to pay it forward after his operation… that’s just so Ezekiel. I want him to be King again. And Carol to take him back. He’s the best and the darkness in Carol really needs Ezekiel to balance her out. Because actually he’s the one who brings out the light in her.

Besides all the love:

I hope Tomi can be saved from his alcohol problem, he’s so lovely.

Lance is very engaging to watch. The scene with the car - real edge of seat stuff. There’s certainly a touch of psychopath about him.

Aaron and Gabe are simply hilarious together. “That’s basically it.” “Yep.” Too damn funny.

As was the whole situation in the episode. Everyone knows everyone’s lying or at least holding stuff back, but Lance can’t quite prove anything. It’s been done so well.

Slow motion badassery killing walkers was a bit cheesy but I still liked it, just because it was Aaron, Gabe and Daryl. I’d happily watch these guys being badasses, any time.

I love how Daryl is refusing to wear the full uniform. Very funny how he always has bits missing.

The way Maggie, Daryl and Elijah got Lance cornered in defence of little Hershel was brilliant. No one messes with the kids of Team Family without dire consequences.

The ending… good gracious. So Lance wants to employ Leah … to kill Maggie? Kind of ridiculous considering that’s probably what she’s stolen all the guns for in the first place.

Can’t wait to see the last episode of the middle section of this season. All hell will probably break loose. I do hope that will be the last episode we see Leah. No one cares.

So over to you guys.
    I’m going with 10/10 for this one.

#2 BlackBird, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

OK, besides all the 'Love Boat' stuff,

I hope Maggie will give Lance a good horrible death. Lance does in ZA what he did in pre-ZA, running a ring of spies and assassins and making secret arms and drug deals. He even dares to mess with Hershel.

The starter relay plot is a good one. I bet it is Daryl's idea.

BTW, Maggie said something like ''many people made the mistake to threaten my family and most of them are dead''. Note only ''most of them'' but not ''all of them''. Is she hinting that a bad man who not only threatened but actually killed her husband is still alive?

I wonder what Leah was doing all along. I mean, she stole the guns. But then, she put the wagon near the Riverbend. Obviously she wanted to lead the CW to the Riverbend group. I wonder, if this is just a coincidence or a deliberate move to try to make a war between CW and Riverbend? She might notice Negan is living there and so she wanted to drag TF into a war with CW. I mean, she knows she cannot eliminate TF all by herself and so she is trying to get the CW to her dirty job? Or, maybe, I am thinking too much into this.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Absolutely. 1115 is up, 1116 will go up this week, and this thread is now moved to 1115.

5. BlackBird

Thanks @Zedd!

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Funniest moments in this episode for me were:

1. The storm troopers placing down little numbers outside the apartment building as if it's a crime scene. (Are the writers even trying anymore? lol) I was waiting for Dexter to show up to do a blood spatter investigation.

2. Amidst all of the carnage, suit dude finds a baseball cap that interests him. He picks it up and brings it to Hilltop and presents it to Hershel.

3. The final line of the episode, from suit dude to Leah, "I have a job for you."

I'm sure things at the Commonwealth deserve to make the list but I fast forwarded through most of that. Just watched a little of Orange Storm Trooper and Ezekiel.

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I liked this episode too, especially the Love Boat moments;)

Favorite line for me? Carol saying to Zeke, “This doesn’t mean we’re getting back together”, lol They really are good for each other. If we didn’t know she was going to wander off with Daryl in a sequel I would love to see them get back together.

I like Mercer and Princess together and naturally I’m pleased Eugene finally found the girl of his dreams.

I thought the Lance and the baseball cap incident to be ludicrous. I agree that it seems unlikely that with all the carnage, and all the clothing people who were living there were wearing, (didn’t they enter the secret hiding room through a closet opening hidden by clothes?) that must have been strewn around, that this one particular cap would have caught Lance’s eye? Does Herschel wear that cap all the time? Would Lance have remembered him wearing it? Not particularly unique with say, a team logo on it or anything. Dunno. All it served to do was give Lance an excuse to eliminate Hillside.

So Lance tracked down Leah and offers her a job. Of course she’ll take it of it’s to Kill Maggie and wipe out Hillside. Now the plot looks to be getting interesting but I’ll wager on TF, thank you very much. I think the kill is going to go to Daryl which has the potential to be a tear jerker. Is it too much to ask that Lance bites it in the process?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was okay. I agree with the whole ‘marking the shell casings’, as if they were forensic scientists. Lol

My favorite line - when Daryl f bombed Lance. Now that was realistic.
    7/10

The truth is out there

9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Where did Leah find her supply of hair dye to keep her hair blond?

10. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

I think Princess is faking it both in and out of the bedroom.

11. BlackBird

Yes. It was very satisfying, how true it rang. But also highlighted how unrealistic the language use is on the show the whole time. It's ok to see people burnt, beheaded and battered to death by their fellow humans, but god forbid they'd use the f word as they normally would. It's ridiculous and detracts from the authenticity of the characters by censoring their language.

12. BlackBird

Goodness, you're observant! Did she have darker hair when Daryl had the big cabin romance with her? I was too busy wishing she didn't exist. :rolleyes:

13. BlackBird

Really? Wow. It has never occurred to me that that is a possibility. I felt they were heading this way from the start and I really enjoy the pairing. Why do you think that?

14. BlackBird

I will be rewatching this season with my daughter as she's 10 episodes behind. Wonder if Lance is really that observant? He's sure fixated on Maggie, but does that include Hershel's cap too? It would only make sense for him to pick up that cap if he instantly recognised it. It is silly. As was the "crime scene" investigation, but that just made me think Lance/police was still doing these things like in the olden days, Commonwealth style. :rolleyes:

Not too much to ask at all! Dude needs to go.
    Daryl to kill Leah? To protect Maggie? Oh, poor Daryl. More drama.
    The writers have certainly kept him away from Connie this past few episodes like he has some unfinished business with Leah. I would be very happy to have her eliminated in the next episode. I wonder what would be better for Daryl in the long run, to watch Maggie take her out or doing it himself? He will surely never let anyone go after this. Whatever happens will screw him up again. I hate that.

15. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I honestly tried to go back and rewatch some episodes last weekend. Instead of fast forwarding though I decided to skip to the next episode if too much of the episode I was watching had bad lighting (I will only put up with bad lighting on real low budget stuff where I know they don't have much money to work with). I had skipped all the way to episode 11/6 and just gave up as I figured then that all the episodes were going to be this way.

16. purriwinkle

I’d have to go back and rewatch but was Herschel even around when Lance first came to the Hillside? How many times would he have come into contact with the kid? Maggie’s very protective. I will say however, that if Lance was a CIA operative prior to the ZA his powers of observation might be more acute than most. Let’s hope he’s a little rusty now that he’s been desk side all these years.

Of course, it has to be Daryl. If he realizes it’s Leah he’ll want to talk to her first but in the end he’ll be the one to have to put her down to save TF. It’s heartbreaking because he did have feelings for her. I hope it’s Maggie who gets the kill with Lance.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BlackBird

I'm dying to reply but I can't. I've just seen the next episode. Let's pick it up after you've seen it too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

Oh, dear. That’ll won’t be until Sun. Or Monday. If you ever feel the urge you can pm me with spoilers. Love the spoilers, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BlackBird

I don’t think you want this spoiled. It would take all the fun/suspense out of the episode. Let me just say you get some of what you want but some you don’t - but it’s the *how* that will be quite interesting. :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Won’t lie, I’m really intrigued now! Can’t wait to see how it all rolls out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1