Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

114 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 19: March To War' started by Tony Davis, Sep 11, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it was made pretty clear Negan was never attempting to wipe anyone out...
    They weren't even armed with guns. It was a show of force not a prison style assault intended to kill everyone.
    I am not seeing where Woodbury seemed so much more threatening. Woodbury soldiers were tricked people. Not thugs. he saviors have every advantage do far. if negan pans on them being organized they will be devastated before they win. If they win of course.
    114 wasn't much of a battle. It was an ambush and retreat.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I really don't think he's evil lol.

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

That means Governor was far more dangerous than Saviors, and in the issue 114, Saviors had chance to shoot, and they hit nobody.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

the governor did nothing until the final battle other than Michonne and The hand. Negan could have done a lot worse and arguably already has. Negan and company haven't even started fighting... After AOW you will be singing a new tune I think. everything points to the saviors superiority over Woodbury. remember ricks group is far stronger than they were then as well and they are in serious danger.

5. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

This.

I bet he's high all the time though.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Really? the first time the Governor met Rick, Rick lost a hand and Michonne was raped, the first time he attack the prison, Tyresse was beheaded and Axel was shot dead, the second time he attacked the prison, everybody there except Rick and Carl were killed.
    On the other hand, the first time Rick met the Saviors, three Saviors were killed and Rick suffered no loss, the first time Saviors attack the Alexandria safe zone, they killed Abe in an ambush, but lost at least a dozen killed and Rick suffered no loss when the real battle began, the second time Saviors attacked the prison, they again suffered a dozen dead and one be taken prisoner and Alexandria safe zone again suffered no losses. On the highway, Negan surprised Rick and captured Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne and Heather, he had a chance to wipe out the core of Rick's group, but he only killed Glenn, did this bring him any good? No! Then Carl play his adventure, sneaked into Savior's headquarter, killed at least 3-4 Saviors, but Negan did not even punish him instead he decided to release Carl, knowing he could tell Rick what he saw in his headquarter. Finally in the latest battle in the issue 114, how many Saviors were killed? 10 at least? Again Saviors failed to kill any of their enemy. How powerful these Savior are and how sound Negan's judgement! I am SO worry about the safety of Rick and his people.

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

Another thing, I has not exclude the possibility that the Saviors are more powerful than they seems so far, and to make the war a little more thrill, they may surprise me in the next volume, at least I really hope so, I am just saying, Kirkman did not do a good job to set up Saviors as a fearful enemy, and I think this is a fair judgement.

8. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

he could be doing this intentionally. making the saviors seem like alot of hot air just blow us away with how dangerous they really are. guarantee atleast 1 major good guy and a couple secondary (ie Heath, Holly, Aaron/Eric) will die in AOW. i hope Shiva doesnt die tho. hopefully Ziek has some sweet armor for her cuz i was just waiting for a stray bullet to hit her in 114

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

So you do agree that so far the saviors seem like alot of hot air? Very good! Actually, I so wish Kirkman would surprise me in the next "all out war" volume, this I am with you

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think Negan and the Governor have different objectives. The Governor viewed the group as a threat, so they must die. Negan wants to bully groups into doing what he wants. Killing everyone in a group seems to be a last resort, when he decides he can't get them to work for him.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

That is true, but he should always kill the leader, which he fails to do even Carl went to his home and killed 3-4 of his guys, that was not what we call reasonable, that is what we call weekness

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I mentioned the hand and Michonne. Said Negan could have and did worse when he showed himself with Glenn.
    every thing the gov did was in the second and final prison battle (axel and Tyreese too) the first battle only caused injuries.

The gov was actively gunning for them. Negan didn't want to kill them. He certainly could have. No arguing that. he will not let them off now. any need he had is cancelled out by him being pissed off.

#52 legendx66, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Killing the leader would end any real usefulness the group has. There is a reason Rick isn't dead. they won't be able to deliver him supplies if they are shattered. he wanted Carl alive because he was interested in him. Anyone else would have been dead instantly. just happened to have another use for him.

#53 legendx66, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Kirkman could have done that on purpose, setting Saviors up like that. Maybe he's saving the real thing for next volume... Anything's possible. And I personally think Saviors are a fearful enemy, judging by their leader.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

Believe me, I really wish this is the case.