Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

114 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 19: March To War' started by Tony Davis, Sep 11, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You went and did it.
    How about that war?

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Based off this issue, just send Jesus and Shiva in, that should be enough

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Issue 115 is probably a big Dwight issue, along with war prep and the very beginning of the assault on the sanctuary

4. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Jesus can solo this war.

5. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Good build issue to officially have both sides ready for war. I expect a preparation issue next, then the all out war to begin. This arc could end up being my favorite, but Road to Washington will be hard to beat. Jesus is so cool, though, so love anytime he pops up. I think he could win the war on his own.

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I'm imagining we'll see at least 2 more build up issues. Next one will probably be a fill in the time gap, Dwight issue and then then one after will be a let's get ready for war issue then about 5 of the actual war. I'm sure I'm way off so don't listen to me...

OT: I loved this issue(as usual) and Jesus is seriously the man. He not only kicks ass but inspires the man that's supposed to be inspiring all. I'm sorry but Zeke needs to give up Shiva...and the new spin-off "The adventures of Shiva and Jesus" is born.

That's the point. They're thugs with no training and only following the lead of the maniacal leader..not unlike Woodbury and the Governor. In a time of crisis people will follow a "leader" and fear reprisal or even expulsion from their "safety". We saw it first hand with Woodbury already. The only thing that makes the Saviors worse is that they already seem to have violent tendencies.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

the 2 issues a month thing doesn't start until November. The wait between 115 and 116 is the same as it normally is.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Could be. I'll have to go back and see if Jesus was at the Kingdom at the same time as Rick, before Rick left. Even though the Negan-Rick confrontation was spread out over 3 issues, it took place in just a few minutes their time. So Jesus managing to discover the Savior outpost was empty, travel from there to the Kingdom, tell them to meet at Alexandria, then have both groups travel from Kingdom to Alexandria, and show up in just the same few minutes that Negan's men had Rick's company captured is suspect. But its a comic, after all. :p.

I also like Jesus, but I hope they don't make him too much like other comics, flying around kicking everyone, with "BOOM" and "BAM" captions lol. I like TWD because of its realism.

9. Sporadic

Sporadic New Member

Have to say this issue was a bit on the predictable side. Ever since the 114 cover was introduced some months ago everyone was already speculating on what was going on. Although I didn't expect Ezekiel to show up with Shiva like he did. I anticipated Jesus to come to the rescue but seeing Shiva come up and maul that guy was awesome. I'd have to say Jesus continues to impress me with every issue hes in which he is present. He made quick work of some of Negan's men and quickly made his way towards Negan himself. I kind of yell at the computer in excitement when Jesus smashed Lucille into Negan's face. Can't wait for volume 20 to begin next month.

10. marsyao

marsyao Member

Well, if Rick's enemy are like that, should I expect any thrill when I read the "All out war" ? As I already said, I hate an one side battle.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

they were caught heavily by surprise in a single battle. they didn't even know about any alliance. now they know they are going to fight. if anything the alliance is more screwed now than before. they had to act early.

12. marsyao

marsyao Member

I wish I have such a faith like what you have, Kirkman did not do a good job to set up Saviors as a fearful enemy in so many issues, after more than a dozen issues, I have not seen any Saviors as worthy opponent to Andrea or Michonne, The Governor, on the other hand, had quite a few good soldiers by the way. Kirkman needs to do a better job to convince loyal reader like me that Rick and his people are really in any kind of danger.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

aLl of the gov's men were complete fodder except Bruce and maybe gabe...
    the saviors aren't all going to be expert ninjas. they still far outnumber and put arm them. 5 or 6 tougher people in the alliance does not a victory make.

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

The Governor wiped out Rick's prison group in 2 fights and all those remained in prison were killed except Rick and Carl, Saviors have many more fighters than the Governor's group, but somehow they got their ass kicked in every battles, they never even managed to kill a single person in an open battle, so why shall I worry for Rick in the "all out war"?
    Of course, these Saviors may still have some secret weapons, and will surprise me in the next chapter, but still does not change the fact that Kirkman does not do a good job to set up them as a group of dangerous enemy

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

10 people compared to communities with hundreds? That is a big difference. remember Abe? And it seems pretty obvious they weren't making much of an effort then. What about when they turned the tables on Rick so fast he barely got away with help from a secret alliance. Woodbury wouldn't be much of a threat at all to the alliance or these communities. they only got the upper hand in the prison when the gov went crazy and drove a tank straight through the gate. they don't have numbers and from what we've seen are less heavily armed.

16. Villordsutch

Villordsutch New Member

On the whole I wasn't overly impressed with #114 it felt incomplete and rather empty compared to other issues - I've left my full feelings over at > FlickeringMyth < if anyone fancies a quick look. That being said however I am looking forward to #115.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

Abe was killed in an ambush, not in an open fight, just name one person Savior manage to kill in an open fight, or can you?

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

they haven't been in a single open fight in the series then. their defeat in 114 was also an ambush remember. it's still pretty obvious Woodbury is not as dangerous. except that Negan is smart enough not to ace everyone useful. All Out War will be open fights and the saviors still easily have the upper hand.

19. marsyao

marsyao Member

First of all, Abe was killed before he had a chance to fight back and he did not even know that the Saviors has already found them. There were three open battles between Saviors and Rick's group, Saviors attacked Alexandria safe zone twice and the fight in the #114, in all the cases, Saviors had chance to fight back, they failed to kill anyone.

20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

They set up Ezekiel a little to act like he might have interest in Alexandria after the war