Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

118 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 20: All Out War - Part 1' started by Tony Davis, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

We got our first(and second) major deaths of the war. Carl has also grown up a ton since the last time we saw him.

2. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Shiva.....no.......
    Eric's death should be a huge push towards having Aaron whoop some savior ass.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Why kirkman? You monster! Lol

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Poor Ezekiel, loses his men and his tiger... Good thing he has Michonne...

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

wasnt too upset about Shiva, but it sucks Eric didnt make it. altho i could never tell the difference between him and Aaron, seemed more like affectionate twin brothers than gay lovers lol. i LOVED this issue tho. Maggie was awesome. and her i believe in Rick Grimes speech was so touching. Ezekiel recalling the battle to Michonne was great too. i think thats the first time theyve done something like that on TWD. i cant recall the lil monologue boxes ever being used prior to this

my only complaint is Gregory seems a lil TOO incompetent at times. like ok RK we get it, hes a dumbass lol

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh, you like cats?

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Solid Chapter

Love Rick & Co taking out the most guarded outpost.

Eric? Meh forgot that you existed. I'm interested in seeing how Aaron will develop now though.

Again on Aaron. He's pissed. Looking for blood

Shiva? As much as I want to say "I could never take the tiger seriously" I will acknowledge that it's Kirkman's Comic Book. Certainly ain't the first time he's gone a bit crazy.

Starting to like Maggie a LOT more. Never really cared for her much. Love that speech, even if she's essentially sucking Rick's dick.

Gregory? Jeez, this guy is breaking new records for increasing my hate for him

Michonne and Carl were cool, love their relationship.

What the heck is going on with the drawing of Carl? Either a timejump happened or the art is really inconsistent when it comes to Carl. He looks 13-14, not 9. Probably just art inconsistency. Kirkman rarely uses timeskips and I think there will only ever be one "big" timeskip in the Comic which will come eventually, it'll be a few years. Maybe after this whole Negan thing is done.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He's looked older recently. I kind of just figured he's in the middle of a growth spurt. Apocalyptic life'l do it I guess lol! Tall ten year old but it works.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Why did you say that out loud!?

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't like the looks of 124 cover

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We saw it once before in the Michonne special. When I first saw that I was thinking, 'I hope they don't make those monologue boxers a regular thing', but given the circumstances, I think it was just an isolated event. I didn't mind it.

I kind of had a feeling either Aaron or Eric might die this issue, as last issue they were shown talking about how great life was going to be when this was all over, and how they can finally sit back and enjoy themselves. I suspected that meant one of them was about to disappear.

Good issue, overall.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I like both the new covers. 123 has a cool effect. It scares me how happy it seems to be though.

13. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

I knew both Eric and Aaron were not going to make it!

14. cpump

cpump Member

Great issue the illistration of shiva pouncing to save Ezikiel was badass

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Maggie was awesome in this issue!, it was about time.

16. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Great issue! Loved the first-person monologue by Ezekiel. Both sides are losing people, plus walkers are everywhere. The war is just getting bigger. Couldn't believe we lost Shiva. I hope Ezekiel will stay strong like before...

We still have too see what will happen with Rick's group at the other outpost.

17. The Cure

The Cure New Member

This was a pretty interesting issue. Ezekiel's monologue was used to good effect and I think it captured a great tone. But I thought the art was a bit odd in a few places. For example, there was that big double page spread of Maggie's head. It just seemed so awkward and unnecessary to me, especially since it's taking up so much precious room in the only issue we get this month. That's not to mention that she kind of looked like Leela from Futurama when she had surgery to get another eye. This and a few other gratuitous panels makes me wonder if they really have 12 issues worth of material or they're just trying to spread it all out.

18. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

I don't understand all the hate Gregory is getting. To him, Rick's group are starting an unecessary conflict with Negan's Saviors, which could easily be avoided. A conflict that is currently resulting in a lot of deaths, for all sides involved. Sure, he is doing it mostly to save his own hide, but everyone has their own agenda at this point in the story. I see Rick as just as dangerous as Negan, he has plenty of blood on his hands. Rick charms people and leads them to their deaths, while Negan conquers and punish those who defy his will.

Maggie is understandably biased towards Negan, but it is a fact that he is considerably more reasonable than all the other enemies Rick's group has faced. Particularly more so than the Governor. And let us not forget who were the aggressors to begin with, Glenn's death was retaliation, not senseless killing.

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I don't know if it's just the way she's drawn or not but every time I "hear" her speak, it sounds like Jubilee from the 90's X-Men cartoon(because she reminds me of that character).

20. The Cure

The Cure New Member

I hear Mila Kunis. I don't really know why.