Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

118 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 20: All Out War - Part 1' started by Tony Davis, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, it was senseless killing. The aggressors to begin with was still Negan's group. It was Negan's group who accosted Rick's group on the highway to plunder them and do whatever else they were going to do. Rick's group just fought back. They hardly initiated it. And long before that, Negan's group had been stealing half the supplies of other groups, and killing innocent people if those supply loads got low. Negan's character keeps stating that he is reasonable, but that doesn't make him reasonable lol. My neighbor thinks she is Princess Leia but that doesn't make it so. When you go around killing, stealing and terrorizing, then you're going to eventually get challenged.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Unless you're the US government. LOL. You do make a good point though. No matter how you take it, Negan was the aggressor.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's because he's a dick more than his views on anything. Lol

helping Negan is not gonna win friends either. He clearly needs to go. He murdered two people and lied about it to send a man to kill Gregory. Not friendly. The saviors instigated the conflict.

4. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

And I don't know why but I think Maggie looked different in this issue, or maybe it's just me...

5. Neuropyramidal

6. Mark Jardine

Mark Jardine Member

Quite enjoyed the issue

-The art is just epic this arc some great scenes and the zombies look way cooler now owever as someone mentioned the double page of Maggie was a bit awkward and the picture of shiva coming from nowhere didnt really do it for me.
    -The monologue thing was alright but id prefer it not be a regular occurrence it felt a bit odd reading it. Id rather it had taken one issue showing one attack on one outpost and then heard everyone report back
    -Wasen't overly surprised or upset by Eric's death (although i quite liked him) i do think we will be seeing a lot more of Aaron now though and it will be interesting to see how he devolps
    -Richards death meant nothing to me
    -I was quite glad to see Shiva go it was just a bit too surreal with her around
    -Carl still needs to get rid of his little hair sweep thing going on. He needs to go for Bandage or Baddass.

7. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

this is hipster Carl. he had an eye bandage before it was cool to have one

8. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

I see your point, but what I mean is that it did not have to lead to violence had Rick simply abided by Negan's terms. If you challenge a conqueror's authority there is bound to be reprecussions or there is no order. The post-apocalypse world is more like nature than the egalitarian democratic world we live in today. If an hyena challenges a lion, it has to be taught who is the apex predator, if it knows it's place then there is no need for animosity between the two.

#28 Undead Tyrant, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  9. Neuropyramidal

LOL, that's like saying that if only that woman hadn't tried to fight back against her rapist, he wouldn't have knocked her tooth out. If you slink with your tail between your legs and bow to a bully who kills members of your group for not letting him steal from you, that is when you will end up with no order. You have to fight back in situations like that.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

That is one way to handle things. It's called Gregory and no one who met him wants to be Gregory lol.

In all seriousness that is backwards logic. The governor attacked. Better just follow his demands...

Oh marauders want everything we have. Of course!

11. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

Not really.. Rape is far too extreme a situation to describe any of the things Negan would have done to Rick's group, had they accepted his terms instead of killing his messengers. They brought it on themselves, Rick should have asked to meet with Negan instead of just killing his men like an overconfident idiot. Negan killed Glenn after Rick's group killed 3-4 of his men. They got off easy.

They didn't demand EVERYTHING they had at all, only a substantial part of it. And I think Negan was being quite generous, considering they attacked his group to begin with, and he still let them off the hook. Gregory is the only reasonable person in this whole conflict, but being reasonable is not necessarily a trait a leader needs to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Also Negan is willing to negotiate terms with other leaders, The Governor was not.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll help you slightly as long as you let me extort and let me murder your group when you run out of things to steal is NOT negotiating. He is twisted. 4 men from a group behind an assassination attempt he just witnessed is not something any man is going to agree with and just let his men be robbed and eventually killed. Negan is the aggressor. 100%. The others were only peaceful because Rick and his group added the men needed. Greg is selfish and screwed up to allow a tyrant to have the advantage. He has like zero redeeming qualities. He's not even smart enough to know how many people are in hilltop.

13. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

14. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

It's not stealing as long as he is providing a service, as Negan stated, he is providing them protection from other groups of survivors. He does not want people like Rick and his group to become a potential threat to him, that is why he has to have them be at a constant disadvantage in term of supplies by taxing them. He knows warriors like Rick, Michonne, Andre and Carl are dangerous and hard to control, so he has to keep them subdued by demonstrating what he is willing to do to people who will not obey him. This is perfectly reasonable in a post-apocalyptic world in my opinion.

So you would rather have people die fighting a leader like Negan, than letting them live a slightly less comfortable life under his rule? That seems very heartless to me. People who fight under Rick's banner have to be prepared to die, only to be their own masters. Which might not even save them in the end.

#34 Undead Tyrant, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is stealing if said service is involuntary and never actually used anyway. If I show up at your house with your 20 neighbors and we "agree" that i'm going to be emptying your wallet everyday in exchange for beating up any random street thug that probably won't ever attack you anyway then you are going to laugh at me. And if I were like Negan I would proceed to gut you for doing it. Maybe the logic would work if the 3 groups weren't being terrorized by the one protecting them from other groups... The saviors are the only group causing trouble. Alexandria was in no danger until they attacked Rick and he had to stop them. The very first thing Rick did when arriving from Hilltop was save Greg from being assassinated on the reasonable Negan's orders. That is obvious proof. Negan is a bad guy. Smart and capable at leading but not good. How is Rick dangerous to Hilltop? He is on totally friendly terms with it and the Kingdom. He's never done anything to another community that didn't instigate. Alexandria can't handle the supply loss. Negan is bleeding it dry and murdering it's people. He hasn't provided a single benefit outside of a dozen walkers yet. Something no one needed or wanted him for.

I noticed your name which probably means you are here to live up to it more than discuss logically but oh well I enjoy the talks anyway.

16. Neuropyramidal

First of all, Negan killed 3 people just to let Gregory know he thought the latest offering was too light. So rape is hardly too extreme to describe what Negan may do. And Rick's group asked for nothing. It was actually Negan's group who 'brought it on themselves' by accosting Rick randomly on the road and saying they were going to steal their stuff. Hey, sorry man, but in a ZA [or any tense situation] if you go around doing armed robbing strangers, then you're the one asking for it, not the strangers who fight back against you. And sorry, but if you actually think that Rick's small group going off to 'meet' a known murderer and psychopath who is surrounded by 100 of his own men, is a good idea, then I might have a Darwin Award waiting for you. ;)

#36 Neuropyramidal, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  17. Neuropyramidal

lol, yes, if you force a 'service' on someone that they don't need or want, and then force them to give you half their stuff for this 'service' they don't want or need, then yes, its most certainly stealing. But please, by all means, pass me some of whatever you are smoking. But if you really believe it, I've got a deal for you. I'll come to your house, pin you down, and trim your nose hairs. In return for this 'service', I get half of whats in your fridge. Deal? I hope so, cause its not stealing

#37 Neuropyramidal, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  18. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

No need for insults and profanity, I don't expect people to agree with me I am merely expressing my opinion. I think you will find it is more typical of unintelligent people to degrade and insult people with different opinions than themselves.

Well I can tell you are not convinced how reasonable Negan can be, but I'll tell you this: there is no absolute good and evil in any human being on the planet, morality is different shades of grey. I am convinced that readers will get to see that Negan has a lot more principles and rules that he is unwilling to break, than any other character in the series. Rick and many other characters in the series are hypocrites, whose promises and principles are worth nothing at all and thus cannot be trusted. I understand Rick's reaction when his authority is challenged, but his stubborn pride will lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths of the people under his command.

When Rick is leading people into a war that he is not even convinced himself that he is able to win, he is basically condemning people to their deaths. Atleast Negan is convinced he can win, so he can't be blamed if he loses.

#38 Undead Tyrant, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Neuro he's not breaking any rules. Don't attack him with insults please. Just counterpoint.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Being convinced he can win doesn't matter if he loses or even if he does win. Being a tyrant got him into this mess. The saviors don't care so they aren't going to be bothered but it still doesn't change anything.

Rick and the other 2 communities are shown and proven to be friendly and attempt to help those who don't attack them. Negan murdered three people and sent his men to demand tribute or they'd be killed. Negan is currently pissed because the people the people he self admitted to enjoying trying to break and force around finally got strong enough to try and shake him off. I'm sure listening to Hitler got people far...