Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[#119] 119 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 20: All Out War - Part 1' started by TechoTactical, Jan 8, 2014.

1. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Well I can clearly say I did not see that coming, this has by far been the best issue so far in all out war. The moment I saw Holly I thought maybe Negan had pulled out her eyes or teeth and prepared myself to turn the page I cannot believe she was a walker. Guess that's Denise and Holy gone, r.i.p. :p In a way it almost seems like a really obvious thing that Rick should not have fell for looking back at it but I had no idea he was up to anything.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I was thinking that Negan might have put one of the female saviors under the bag so that once she got into Alexandria, and they took the bag off, she'd start shooting or something. Either that or they cut Holly's tongue out. I wasn't expecting her to be a walker. Even after I saw the panel of her face, for a split second I thought they had cut her eyes out, and she was still alive.

Overall, this issue was mostly filler, I thought. The first 2/3 of it was just characters discussing events that happened in the last issue, but the twist at the end was enough to elevate it a bit. It was a fair issue. :)

3. Neuropyramidal

Eric's dead....Dr. Cloyd is dead or dying...Heath is hugging Aaron....I predict that we see Heath, in his grief, maybe exploring homosexuality for a while in the future. ;)

4. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

I figured the Saviors did something to her as well. Was thinking she was going to be a walker with the slight chance they did something to her face. Alexandria is going to take some heavy loses. I think this might set up for a number of people to come in and save the day. I'd guess Maggie rallies Hilltop to save the day. I really thought Michonne was going to die during this arc but now I think Ezekiel might come in and regain his vigor and confidence and ultimately sacrifice himself for her. I liked the issue, It was long and did have filler in it but it delivered in the end. Would of liked to see Holly's death though. Kind of seems odd that Negan would have that long talk with her about "the groups coming together" and even murder one of his own men just to eventually kill her. That was her right? It wasn't just a walker in her clothes? Also how long has it been since we actually seen Eugene? I know hes there and making bullets but it just seems like forever since I seen him.

Glad it will only be a 2 week wait til we get the next issue!

5. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

It's going to be a awesome next issue, what the comics does really well is surprising you by making it so its the first thing You will see when you turn a page. I am hoping for some more casualties next issue (most likely Denise and walker Holly). As for Heath I think he is very feminine (I thought he was a Girl until I looked into it just before issue 115 was out, shows how bad I am).

6. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Yeah I thought the same..I thought he maybe even cut her tongue out when he mentioned ''clucking''.This is by far my the best issue so far...oh that end is ...wow dude shocked as f#*k!!!

mooooore please!

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

She's a doctor, she'll just cut off her own arm, and put a band-aid on it

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Awesome issue. I dd not see that coming! Also the saviors have grenades. Wonderful.
    I love more development for some of the others.

9. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

I am hoping she won't make it as cutting the bitten limb off seems to be used quite often but I guess we shall see.

10. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

Definitely my favorite issue of this arc so far. Afraid that a lot of people are going to die next issue with it being both the 120th issue and the finale of the 1st part of the arc.

11. Neuropyramidal

I think in the chaos that is about to ensue, Dr. Cloyd is toast. Plus the only band-aids they have left have pictures of Barney the Dinosaur on them. She'll never go with that.

12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

If only Heath had picked up those Dora The Explorer ones during the last run...

13. KillTheGov

KillTheGov Member

This issue was good. Seeing Walker Holly was very shocking and issue 120 is going to be intense.

14. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

you think everything is filler.

i had a few fav moments;
    -Aarons 'not until every single one of those mother****ers is dead' line was awesome.

-Ricks '"People" should have more confidence in their father' was great too.

-LOVED Michonne slugging Ezekiel and calling him a *****.

-Jesus lil speech about the walkers laughing at us was also really cool. i hadnt even thought of it like that.

like most i knew from the get go the Holly with a bag over her head thing was just a ruse. totally expected her tongue to be cut out or lips sewn shut, until she was inside the gate. then i knew it was either walker Holly or a Savior. but with her hands tied it woulda had to have been a Savior with an explosive on their neck, which we now know the Saviors have plenty of. which i think is a nice equalizer. still waiting for Dwights double agent status to play a factor tho

also rolling my eyes at the Heath switching teams theories.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I caught on to the Holly thing when she started walking to the gate, quite a shock. And she's taking the doctor down with her. Damn.

This was a really good issue. Negan's plan (sending Holly in to confuse Rick's group before starting an attack) was actually really smart, and it might really work in his favour. I can definitely see some more casualties on Rick's side in the next issue.

What will Dwight do, though? He was with Negan, so he's obviously going to be a part of the attack against Rick. Will he do what he can to help Rick in the fight without blowing his cover? Will he turn on Rick?

16. Neuropyramidal

lol, no I just think filler is filler. The first 2/3 of this issue was filler. The cheap one-liners which seem to be enough to entertain you are amusing, but the best part of the this issue was the last few pages. Like I said, it was a fair issue over all.

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

does someone need to step in before this happens in this thread?
    [​IMG]

18. Neuropyramidal

It was a good trick, although I don't know how much leverage it would really give Negan's group once Rick has shut the gate again anyway. Just throwing another grenade inside while the gate was open, and then attacking before they could close it would probably have given them an even greater advantage. But it will be interesting to see where this goes. I don't see us getting out of issue 120 without quite a few casualties...maybe a couple major ones.

19. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

dont worry, i dont let condescending remarks over the internet rattle my cage. im here to civilly discuss :zombies_lol:

btw, good to meet another Hannibal fan. pretty psyched for season 2

20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[MENTION=5668]shanewalking[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7979]Savior[/MENTION] are big fans, too