Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

133 Preview Panels

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by jwcoombs, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

2. jwcoombs

@HondaS2kXD @Neuropyramidal @Tony Davis @BatmansHooker @and138 @Z-Man

In other news; it looks like Rick is reluctantly heading home and leaving Carl behind to become a man.

Also, FORWARD THE JESUS BRIGADE! Looks like Dante was gone just a little too long; and the J-Team is rolling out in investigate.

Seems to be a pretty damn good issue!

#2 jwcoombs, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

But Jesus lives at Alexandria now, and Dante is from Hilltop.

As an aside, I'm not even 100% sure who those two are in the first frame. I think its suppose to be Maggie and Marco, no? But I don't remember Maggie ever wearing earrings like that. And why would Marco be on the couch? Is that Rosita and a more handsomely drawn Eugene? lol

4. Sco

Sco Member

It's clearly Rosita and Eugene in panel 1.... them earrings.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Maybe it'll be a party of mixed forces from all the communities who will go out to investigate, so that one settlement doesn't end up with fewer defences than the others?

I wonder if Dante will escape and come back to share his discovery, or if he'll be killed or captured by the leatherfaces?

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Possibly, but if Rick and Carl make the two day trip back to Alexandria, they wouldn't know that Dante was still missing at that point. I wonder if somehow Dante escapes and goes to Alexandria instead of Hilltop because its closer, or something. And Jesus goes to investigate these creepy dudes.

#6 Neuropyramidal, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I hope Dante isn't dead man

8. jwcoombs

I'm glad you said Marco! Because originally; I had posted that I though Rosita was cheating on Eugene with Marco.

But then I realized it's Rosita and Eugene. He is getting much more handsome as the apocalypse drones on.

9. jwcoombs

Carl stays. That's why Rick is looking longingly over his shoulder as the reluctantly departs the Hilltop; totally unaware of what's heading for the Hilltop.

Kirkman said at NYCC that issue #134 is "Carl's" issue. I'm thinking; that him being at the Hilltop and Rick leaving while this foreboding threat moves in is a clever plot device by Kirkman to finally give Carl his coming of age moment. I have a feeling Carl's going to play a huge role in the coming chaos.

That's a really good theory that Dante escapes and heads for ASZ because it's closer. I've got a theory that the leatherfaces pull the old tried and true method of "giving a dog a bone"; and they cut Dante loose and let him lead them to one of the communities.

Hopefully Dante survives; when we first met him; and he was hitting on Maggie, he rubbed me the wrong way. But after hearing him say his bit about not leaving a man behind; and then seeing his valor in the battlefield I'm totally rooting for him now. But odd's are these creeps just skinned and gutted him to make some new fancy.

Maybe they'll use Dante's skin to infiltrate the Hilltop unnoticed? Also, using the guise of Dante will allow them to get very close to Maggie, giving them the opportunity to overpower her and make a power grab. LOL I kid, I kid. :p

Also; I think I've figured out what Jesus and his crew are doing. Like you mentioned earlier; it's obvious that no one at ASZ will have any way of knowing about the looming threat heading their way. Because Rick obviously didn't put any stock in Marco's crazy claims; and he's apparently leaving the Hilltop long before any alarm has been raised about Dante's tardiness. Honestly; Maggie and the rest of the Hilltop will be completely unaware and won't raise any kind of alarm until Dante's been gone for something like 24 hours. Here's my theory; the cover off #133 "Impending Doom" is a large herd chasing/being led by two armored men on horseback. We also know; that the leatherfaces have been leading and commanding a herd of as of yet untold size; and we already know what the protocol is for incoming herds-cattle drive. So what I'm thinking is; with the arrival of the leatherfaces they brought with them a very sizable herd. Since Jesus and the rest of ASZ have no clue about the hostiles in the midst, they would just assume it's another herd moving through,or possibly the one they herded in #127 changed course and was attracted back their way. So Jesus and his riders head out to do their thing and redirect the course of the herd away from the safe zone and well out of their territory. But during this particular cattle drive the some of the walkers will be behaving uncharacteristically violent and hostile. Striking out at the riders and even attempting to dismount them. This will force the group to fight rather than just herd the walkers. This is what the leatherfaces want; and they begin using the same method they used to take Dante's group; allowing the riders to exhaust themselves fighting off the large numbers of undead and then when the numbers begin to dwindle and the riders aren't so guarded they move in with their blades among the last few straggler to strike the killing blow. But they will find that unlike Dante and his group; these men, especially Jesus, are of a different caliber and won't be as easily defeated. Ultimately Jesus and his men once they realize something's amiss. At the end of the fight there is one leather face left standing and Jesus is able to take it prisoner and bring it to ASZ for questioning.

This gives me hope for the Hilltop for the time being; because if Jesus and his riders rode down and took care of the leatherface's herd(even if they didn't kill all the zombies, as long as they got the group of leatherfaces in the pack the herd will move on); then it must mean in #136 the leatherfaces in the bushes are by themselves; doing some recon and most likely trying to raise another herd. It would make sense; because there's no way they could perform a successful reconnoiter with a large, pungent and noisy herd.

Also, I wonder if Ken's still out there? I doubt it; because I'm beginning to think these creep are cannibals. They live and travel amongst the dead; and they're able to whisper without raising suspicion; but anything more than that, any type of obvious "living" behavior would certainly cause the zombies to turn on them. That being said; there's not way they could sit around eating canned food and cooking squirrels over a fire with the zombie around. So I'm guessing they've assimilated to eating the raw flesh of the leaving to further enhance their disguise and abilities among the dead. Much like Quislings.

Also, I can't shake the suspicious feeling that Michonne is involved with this somehow.

10. jwcoombs

I'm guessing they're cannibals; under the pretense of enhancing their disguise, blending in and not raising alarm. Much like Quislings. They live amongst the dead; so they need to eat what the dead eat.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yay it looks like Jesus is finally getting in on the action. I hope Rick avoids trouble on the road this time.