Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

135 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by jwcoombs, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sure. I can barely control what comes out of jwcoombs' mouth, and I can't control AT ALL what comes out of Neuropyramidal's mouth.

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

He's a wild one that Neuropyramidal! I always pretend I'm not that smart when I'm around him so that he thinks he has the upper hand. It's been working for years.

3. Neuropyramidal

And when I'm around TheWalkingHorn I put an eggplant in my underpants so she thinks I have the upper hand.

4. TheWalkingHorn

lol she's so dumb!

5. TheWalkingHorn

Lydia. I bet she owned cats before the ZA. And maybe she was home schooled.

6. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Her parents were most likely Scientologists. :p

7. sacrdandprofne

Her demeanor definitely screams "drank the kool-aid"

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I know, right. She's weird.

I was cyber schooled.

9. TheWalkingHorn

Explains so much...

10. HondaS2kXD

Lol. Yeah. It's nice. The earliest I ever had to wake up was like 8:30. Lol.

plus, with the help of sparknotes I was able to soften the blow of Shakespeare. Shakes in a nutshell: everyone commits suicide in a silly way, or is horribly murdered. The end. Lol.

11. TheWalkingHorn

I mean if someone can guide their own learning, then that's ideal because it will be more meaningful to them. I wish more students could have that drive and an environment that facilitates it.

12. HondaS2kXD

Yeah. That was cool too. It's more flexible so if there's something you pick up easily (math and history for me) you can get that done quickly and then move on to more dificult subjects. For me that was science (biology) later English (fakken poetry) but most of all Spanish. Yo solamente hablo un poco de espanol.

also, I was designated class clown in History one year. Not that that would surprise anyone here.

13. jwcoombs

How does one become the "Class Clown", in an online course? LOL

I took some virtual classes in high school as a part of this dual enrollment program I was in. But there was never any kind of "classoom" vibe, or peers to fraternize with. It was just lesson plans, lectures, assignments and exams.

But then again; technology was a little more limited then. I guess in more recent years with the technological and communication advancements; and online class could give the same experience and be equally as social and rewarding as a physical classroom.

14. jwcoombs

Agreed. I thirst for knowledge; and I can't comprehend why everyone doesn't feel the same way. I don't understand why some people are so content in complacency and ignorance. But I guess it's true, ignorance is bliss.

I think the world would be an exponentially better place, more refined, less violent, more advanced; if people would do one simple thing. Read more; or just read period. If every American citizen read 3 or 4 books a month(of varying topics); then I feel thing would be drastically different.

I can't stand when people say-"Reading's boring"; or the one I hate the most--"I don't have time to read."

Henry David Thoreau said it best; and I'm paraphrasing here--"I find it bothersome when I hear people say they don't have the time to read; when such a statement couldn't be farther from the truth. In one years time; I was able to read 25 books just in the time I sent waiting on trains, planes or buses. Sitting in diners and hotel lobbies, waiting for appointments, or for someone to arrive."

#134 jwcoombs, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  15. HondaS2kXD

Lol. There were these live classes we would have to watch. Basically a giant chat room.

16. TheWalkingHorn

Well said, well said. I am guilty of not reading enough. I guess I read a lot of internet articles, but I could brush up on my literature. Got any good recommendations? :)

17. Neuropyramidal

When it comes to literature, I always say start with Dostoyevsky. I've read just about everything he ever wrote, including private letters he wrote to friends and family, which later became published, lol. Start with Crime and Punishment, and go from there. ;)

18. jwcoombs

You like Bukowski?

19. jwcoombs

I'd recommend anything Charles Bukowski has written. As well as Thoreau, and Louis L'amour.

Actually, I just finished-"The Education of a Wandering Man", by L'amour. It was wonderful. Definitely worth a read if you ever come across a copy.

20. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

^^This! Don't be fooled by this individuals deranged exterior. He knows stuff and things.