Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

136 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by jwcoombs, Jan 14, 2015.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. I only steal mention bombs. ;)
    Sophia maybe. I assume she'll be the one Carl ends up with-- Lydia and Anna are most likely just temporary distractions. I think maybe lydia will be his equivelant to Rick's Jessie, but no more. So if Carl's in it for the long haul, maybe Sophia will be too. Depending on what's going on on the cover of 140, mini Hershel might be there. And while she might not be with the group anymore, I think it's safe to say Lucille will survive.
    Ehh. We'll see. I'd have to guess that if something devastating enough to drive them from the hilltop and the ASZ was to happen, not many people would survive it. But maybe. Could be cool.
    I agree. Especially with your first statement that fan-favorite status makes a character more likely to die rather than safe. It is one of many reasons I want daryl to take Glenn's death on TV.
    Hmm. Maybe. I can't think of anything that would make them willing to leave their homes behi-- wait, you say you've got word of another settlement where they've been able to bring back Mountain Dew and Doritos? I'm in.

2. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

A few days late checking on here. But my thought of the issue is that I think that Lydia is playing Carl like a fiddle. The Whisperers already said that she can handle herself so obviously she is lying to Carl about this being her first time out with the Walkers. I am not buying that one bit. Gregory and his land of misfit toys are going to cause some serious trouble I think soon. Same with the Whisperers. I cannot wait for the next month. Also it was cool seeing Magna and Andrea getting along and Rick coming back. I think in the future Magna is going to become a very important character but just keeping her in the background right now because of the focus on the Hilltop.

3. sacrdandprofne

I don't trust Lydia further than I could throw her. Mainly because of this hint:

Attached Files:

4. sacrdandprofne

That tells me she is going to do some damage.

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

FINALLY bought this issue. I'll read it later tonight.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its about time!!!

7. TheWalkingHorn

Why is Carl working so hard for Lydia? I mean it seems like he's going out of his way to try and help her. That seems very uncarl-like as of late. I mean I know he's still Rick's son, and the whole "we don't kill people" thing, but this seems sort of unnecessary at the moment.

That being said, I love who Carl is becoming. Seeing him in this issue made me think about where we started with him playing with toys with Sophia and being scared, and just how far he's come. I love that kid! I hope that we see the same sort of transition and growth from Chandler Riggs.

Back to Lydia, of course, I'm not trusting her. That seems to be my normal feeling with anyone new. And did we not really have any sort of development with Magna and her people? Seems like they were just wary travelers, but very similar to Rick's group(s). I mean I'm not complaining, because I've stated before how I'm tired of the "bad people" arc on the show as well, but now she's just helping Andrea pick vegetables. I'm guessing maybe she'll become an asset or trusted leader type somewhere down the road?

Oh and in the letter hacks did anyone notice when someone mentioned a Rickless issue, and Kirkman's response was that that was going to be something we see more of? Is Carl going to become the focus from here on out? Just my random thoughts being spewed onto my keyboard. :)

8. Neuropyramidal

I can tell you've never been a 15 year old boy. At that age, you'll walk to the moon to help anything with boobs. ;)

9. TheWalkingHorn

lol, probably likely. But he hasn't even seen her, right? And what about Sophia?! There's more to this. I think it's Kirkman's way of showing us that he's not gone full Negan or anything. Not that I would think that just because he f*cked up some kids who were a threat to him and Sophia, but I can see some people jumping to conclusions about his actions.

BTW, my boyfriend asked last night "have you ordered the first preacher book yet?" Geez! He's going to read them too.

Oh and have you read Outcast? That looks fantastic, and I don't know how I'm not noticing it until now.

10. Neuropyramidal

He hasn't seen her yet but he can tell by her voice that she has nice boobs. :p. And you don't make it this far in the ZA if you're obese with a pig nose. And you better order the first 4 or 5 Preacher books. Because they take several days to arrive, and once you read the first one, you won't want to wait. :)

11. TheWalkingHorn

Is this the one that has more issues in it? There were 2 at the comic book store, and one had like 6 issues in it, and the other had 12 (according to the guy that worked there).

12. TheWalkingHorn

shit shit shit, I don't see either of those ISBN #s on the wikipedia page.

13. TheWalkingHorn

Sweet, never mind I see the info on the back.

14. Neuropyramidal

so you ordered it? :)

15. TheWalkingHorn

Yes sir I did! Along with the NutriBullet blender that had been sitting in my shopping cart. I thought I'd put to order through. Grr! Should all be here Tuesday!! I'll have a smoothie while reading Preacher.

16. HondaS2kXD

a combination of things. First, as neuro said, boobs. Also, she was the first person to totally agree with his actions. While his friends and even Sophia seemed shocked at what he did, Lydia accepted it.

And I think his calmer talk with her about not killing people was more to calm her down. In her position, she doesn't need to hear, "yeah, there's this sonovabitch in a jail cell back in my old home who I've been wanting to kill for the last few years." I still think he's capable of doing whatever needs to be done. He hasn't drunk the kool aid-- at least not to the extent that Rick and Maggie have. As demonstrated by how he handled the bullies.

This will have to be adjusted quite a bit. Chandler is already older than comic Carl. If the show moves on at the rate it seems to be, he'll likely be eighteen or twenty by this point. So, if he and equally-advanced-age Clementine (fingers crossed) go through some equivelant of this story arc, it will have to be reworked.

i actually sort of trust Lydia. I think carl and everyone else should be cautious, of course, but I feel that if they treat her fairly she could be an asset and a diplomatic bargaining chip. That being said, I also sort of trusted Eugene when I read the comic.

And yeah. I think they're bringing magna on as yet another good person. Which might be an indicator of some death that will happen soon. :(

Go to 0:40
    [video=youtube;Ebu-kERLrzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu-kERLrzs[/video]

17. TheWalkingHorn

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, as my old boss would say "inneresting". How old is Carl in the comics right now? Seems older than Riggs.

18. HondaS2kXD

I figured he was 13 or 14 right now. He mentioned that the girl who has boobs was older than him and his friends, implying that the girls his age don't really have boobs.

Yup. Just checked. Wiki says 13.

19. TheWalkingHorn

whoa! I thought he was like 16. They grow up so fast! :'(

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I like to pretend Carl's around 14-15. Even if he's not. He is to me.