Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

137 Cover

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by Tony Davis, Nov 13, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yes. And much more besides.

Basically, the sum of Dwight's accomplishments and contributions are as follows: he killed Abraham, (and Iirc at least a few others while trying to keep his double agent cover intact) May or may not have killed Carl had Negan not stopped him, and regardless of his intentions the arrow that he shot Rick with SHOULD have killed him. Even if it was clean, the gunk from previous arrows means that it should have been infected. And in the end, the ONLY reason he helped Rick's side was because he wanted to take control but didn't have the guts to walk into Negan's bedroom and put a bolt through his head. Basically, he's Spencer Monroe with a crossbow and a ruined face. TV Milton had more guts than him.

[/rant]

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It was covered that Negan is guarded at night.

3. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

Abes death didnt bother me as much as it did a lot of people

4. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

they could just never show whats going on at the sanctuary and i wouldnt be upset. dwight sucks and as far as i know no other notable characters are there

5. HondaS2kXD

No. I need to see Dwight again. Not long. Just long enough for Rick, Jesus, and several other characters to gang up on him and shove Lucille up his ass. Barbed wire side first. All the way to the handle. And have it covered in muck, too. So all he can do while the fever consumes him is waddle around trying to find somebody willing to pull a baseball bat out of his ass. Of course no one would help him, though. They hate him as much as we do. Plus, they'll be too busy laughing their asses off. This will anger Dwight, so he will shoot them while they are laughing. And he will make his rounds, begging for help and then killing every last one of the saviors. Eventually gunshots bring walkers which he is unable to outrun due to the baseball bat up his ass, so he and the rest of the saviors are either killed or driven from the sanctuary. When Carl is exiled, he meets up with Ms McLeod and Abuela (just because they weren't mentioned in the comic doesn't mean they don't exist.) and their Vatos and they make him their third in command-- and their strike team leader. Soon after, the whisperers lead a herd to the fair, and Carl leads his Vatos army in to save the day.

by the way, did you know that Vatos just means, "dudes?" I was disappointed. Basically, they're the Mexican gang equivalent of these guys:
    [​IMG]

#45 HondaS2kXD, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah 2 of those things do bother me a little. Him beating Carl around and killing other people to keep his cover. But shooting Rick with the bolt is just a movie logic thing- it managed to work out absolutely perfectly...because, lol. Still, I think anyone that takes out a gun and casually shoots 6 of his armed friends without even moving is pretty badass. "On second thought...never mind."

Everyone has different tastes. We agree on most stuff but we don't like each other's favorite character, lol. Not big on the TV Carl, but I nonetheless reserve an open mind and season 5's been his best season imo.

edit- assuming TV Carl is one of your favorite characters at least.

7. kennyisalive94

Issue 145-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. HondaS2kXD

Yeah. We agree on the MOST important thing, though:

9. kennyisalive94

Definitely. I'm playing the game on Xbox and I'm going to be a bit sad about killing Jane. You feel the bond more when you are actually playing it. But it's still not a contest. XD Kenny ftw

10. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

The other half of the Brothers Carson is at the Sanctuary. And, for some reason those two have always piqued my interest. Stemming back from when Carson originally mentioned to Eugene that he wanted to escape the Sanctuary in hopes of maybe finding his brother. But he never mentioned his brother was Doc Carson at the Hilltop. Which leads me to believe there is some very rich, and very complex back-story concerning the Brothers Carson, and just exactly how the Saviors came to be.

There's a theory that Negan was actually just a normal resident of the Hilltop in the very beginning. But then, he saw his opportunity. He saw that the place was in dire need of protection, from the dead and hostiles; seeing as how most everyone there just assumed the walls were enough. So, he puts together a "security" team; and initially, they're decent folk, just keeping the peace for the Hilltop. But, the dormant sociopath in Negan awakens and he makes his move, using his position, status and power to stage a coup-d'etat and put his protection racquet in place. He then took his men, and robbed the Hilltop of most of their resources and left to find a new home. But promised he would return for tribute. This forced the Hilltop to make contact with other survivor communities to supplement their resources; which inevitably leads to Negan extorting them as well.

So, the long and the short of it is, I think the Brothers Carson are the rosetta stone to unlocking Negan's back story and one of those brother's resides at the Sanctuary, so I need to go back their atleast briefly.

#50 jwcoombs, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  11. jwcoombs

LOL All I see when I look at that panel of Dwight is the huge, bloody bandage on his left thigh where Eugene tried to bite his shriveled little pecker off. :p

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That Eugene, always with a mouth full of lies. :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. cpump

cpump Member

Crazy i think carls going a lil Negan on us

14. rotten taint

rotten taint Member

I look forward to seeing Carl become the man I know he will become someday.

I don't think he will be a villain, but I do think he will be very strong willed and will someday lead a group of his own...... A spin off comic I hope:Grin::Grin::Grin:

15. Name's Joe

Name's Joe New Member

Hey just wondering how old Carl is supposed to be? The wiki says hes 13 now and that he was 7 in issue 2 but I thought only 4 years had passed? that would make him 11 but he looks way older than that in recent issues.

16. jwcoombs

No, it's been about 6 years that have elapsed since the outbreak began. From issue #1 to about issue #53 approximately 2 years passes. After that, from #53 through "Fear the Hunters", "No Way Out", "A Larger World", and the end of "AOW", all the way to issue #126 is about a year, give or take. This is easily figured due to Maggie's pregnancy. So, as of the end of AOW, approximately 3 years had passed. That's when the time jump occurs, between issue #126 and issue #127 "A New Beginning". Although the time jump is technically undetermined; Kirkman made it clear that it is more than two years. So, judging by baby Hershel's age(he appears to be a toddler still), 3 years would be an accurate estimate of the time jump. So, there you have it, approx. 6 years since the first zombie sat up.