Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

137 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by BatmansHooker, Feb 10, 2015.

1. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Just read it.
    Gregory that piece of shit is going to get messed up by Jesus my man!
    Lydia licking Carl's eye hole had me like
    [​IMG]
    Well, Carl finally had some ass. I have to say I did see it coming, as soon as I saw Lydia with Carl's hat I was like "Yeah she's going to give Carl some luvin"
    Overall, good issue but I really want to see the end of this arc it has been slow with a lot of build up to the next few issues. Kirkman never disappointed me, I'm positive he won't now.
    Also is the leader of the leatherfaces suppose to be introduced next issue? If so I can't freaking wait!

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's the Whisperers leader on the cover of next issue

3. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

This was great issue! I knew Lydia would be some kind of temptress to Carl :zombies_lol:
    Cant wait for Gregory to die brutally please!

4. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

Great issue!

There hasn't been any sexytime in the comics since Abraham died. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    (i dont count Negan and his sex-slaves)

5. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Rick and Andrea have been seen several times, scantly-clad in bed since Abe's death. It's not exactly panels depicting the physical act of coitus; but you'd have to be a fool to think otherwise.

Michonne and Morgan went heels to Jesus a few times; but like you said that as pre-Abe death.

I'm trying to remember is Ezekiel and Michonne got freaky during AOW or not??

Also, Rosita has found the time to conceive a child since Abe's death; so there's that.

6. jwcoombs

Most definitely. Also, the fact that the Whisperer on the cover looks totally different form the others; wearing what seems to be nicer clothes, that characteristic belt-buckle as if it's a badge of authority; and most importantly that pistol grip pump action shotgun; leads me to believe this is the same Whisperer who Dante had his(possibly) final encounter with. Because that Whisperer was fond of a shotgun as well; albeit a double barrel percussion coach gun.

7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering if that double barrel shotgun is working or not becuase all. The other whispers we saw only had blades that's probably better around the dead though little to no sound

8. jwcoombs

I really think there will be negotiations and diplomacy between the Whisperers and the Survivors. I think once they have a sit down they'll realize everything is a big misunderstanding. Leading to a prosperous and lucrative alliance.

But, I think there's a possibility for that to all fall apart before it can even begin. That possibility being Sophia discovering Carl's underhanded and inconsiderate behaviors with Lydia. Although they weren't technically a couple yet; those two have loved each other for years; whether they knew it or not. And; Carl should have at least considered Sophia's feelings. Judging by the the nature of the new Sophia; I could see her being overcome by jealous rage and possibly killing Lydia. This would certainly destroy any chances of and alliance with the Whisperers. It could also lead to the persecution of of Sophia.

Also, kind of off topic but this just came to me. The cover of #140; I think what Maggie is discovering is the result of Carl's anger and retaliation in response to the attempt on Maggie's life. I could definitely see Carl getting the news about the assassination attempt and immediately making a dead run for the infirmary to finish what he started.

Maybe Carl even takes it upon himself to help eliminate several leading members of the White Trash Revolution? I mean; we know Carl is on of very few people who is armed with a firearm. It wouldn't take much for him to sneak up on Gregory and White Trash Dad and put a bullet in each of their heads.

9. jwcoombs

I'd be willing to bet it works. I mentioned this in another thread; but a percussion shotgun like that would actually be easier to maintain and keep loaded in an apocalypse scenario. Not everyone is going to know how to reload spent casing like Eugene does. But, cap and ball percussion firearms are simple and easy to maintain. All they would need to do is scavenge up a stockpile of black powder which wouldn't be difficult. Most average survivors aren't going to think of taking barrels of black powders. It can easily be found in most sporting good stores; as well as gun shops, gun smiths, and even firearms manufacturing plants. Other than that, all you need is caps and balls. Now, the caps may seem tricky at first; but even if you can find manufactured caps, it's not hard to craft one from a small piece of flint which can be found in sporting good stores, as well as in all cigarette lighters be it windproof or disposable. As for the balls; this is my most simple part. All you need is a small cast iron pot or pan to smelt the lead which can be done over an open wood fire; then you need a small ladle for pouring the liquid lead; and then a simple ball cast to cast and shape the ball in the right caliber. The final thing you need is plenty of lead stock to smelt; this can easily be found in very plentiful and abundant supply on the wheels of every abandoned car in the country. Lead weights are used on all vehicles to balance the tires; one small traffic snarl, parking lot, or pile up could yield 100 lbs of lead stock. The weights are pure lead; only need to be thrown in the pot and smelted over the fire.

In all reality; a percussion firearm would be the best choice for the uninitiated firearms user in the apocalypse.

10. KatieHurtz

KatieHurtz Member

Damn! Carl pumped that chicks cunny!

I mean, after wearing that zombie skin for such a long time you must think there had to be something in there. Maybe if some remains had tracked down inside his penile region, we could see a whole new means of infection. Either way, I bet Carl is so getting an STD from that. I mean, chick hasn't showered in how long? WTF?

Also is Maggie dead? I get that it may have been date rape, but aren't they on a farm? Where's Greg going to find rufies? Not like they are having any raves around that area. Greggie probably just wanted to get a quick slip on her while she was still warm and then took matters into his own hands after. Wouldn't surprise me, my Sam says that when he tried that on me, I only got a little tired and didn't completely pass out, so I'm guessing that it's probably poison and Mags is dying.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

After this issue,The cover of 140 made me think, Sophia probably walks in on some Carl-Lydia action :zombies_lol: Then she'll find Anna's note and think Carl is just a player xD and hate him. I get a feeling that there will be some tension between Lydia and Sophia tho, I think it would be kinda awesome if there was a shown down between those two in the future.

I just hope Carl gets word of that he was next after Maggie,on the Hit List. That ain't going to settle well with him and if his dad gets word of that don't think he is going to be so happy about that

13. jwcoombs

I think this person lives under a bridge ;)

14. KatieHurtz

KatieHurtz Member

Are you saying that because he's black? That's Chris Rock you dolt! He's rich and famous!

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You really know your black guys. See if you can guess who this is without reading the name.
    [​IMG]

16. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Am I the only one upset with this issue?

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not enough eye socket action?

18. TheWalkingHorn

1. We haven't had a main character die in quite some time, but goddamn I hope you're right. Killing Maggie doesn't seem the right move right now, so I'm thinking she's ok too.

2. It seems that way to me! Obviously we don't know her character that well yet, but it seems an odd thing for a girl her age to do. It makes me think maybe she's learned to use this as a way to get what she needs, or to distract someone.

19. TheWalkingHorn

Lydia is a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets fo sho!

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Wait, when was the last one? Who do we count as mains right now? Do Eric, Holly and Denise count, or are we going back as far as Glenn?