Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

138 & 139 covers MARCH IS A DOUBLE ISSUE MONTH!!!

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by HondaS2kXD, Dec 11, 2014.

1. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Awesome!
    Good to see Rick again

2. lewh

lewh Member

OH MAN. These covers are sick! I kind of don't want The Whisperers arc to be over just yet though BUT 139!! This excites me cause i've always wanted to know what is going on elsewhere in the world! (disregarding the CDC thing in S1 cause that wasn't meant to happen or something).

I'd say this is the best/most likely scenario, some people volunteered going on a scouting mission to see if theres anything else, Michonne being one of them or in charge. This way, they all don't set sail just yet and The Whisperers can have a bit more light and the whole Maggie murder plot can play out without seeming rushed.

So glad it's a double month too holy sh*t.

3. boba772

boba772 Member

But in the correct ending Kenny ended up dying. ;)

OT I am dying to see this, looks like it is going to be sick, but like the other 130ish issues out. (Specials and all.) Hoping that it is some people from another part of the world coming over, but since Rick is out there I would figure that he knew they were coming, so he might have sent people out there? Initial thought, and hopes, were that they were on the road again. Either way looks good and can't wait to see more! Also hoping Carl still gets some panel time, and Dwight needs to come back. :)

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

The issue's title is actually "I'm on a boat!"

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm liking where this is heading. A celebrity cameo has been a long time coming, but Andy Samberg and T-Pain are worth the wait.

[video=youtube;avaSdC0QOUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM[/video]

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, I got so excited about the boat and started yelling that I didn't notice that the wake indicates it's coming in to shore, not going out. :zombies_blush: I agree, maybe Rick sent some people out to go scouting -- maybe during the time jump, and they're just returning now?

7. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

It's Michonne with the shotgun and belt buckle. I'm telling you. Think about the title; "Face to Face", for the first time since their falling out.

Also, Kirkman mentioned in the hacks a few months ago that they would be delving into the surviving on boats possibility.

8. jwcoombs

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION]

Yeah. Caught this yesterday. I'm telling you the leader of the Whisperer's is Michonne. She took her method of using pets for zombie camo, crossed it with the "guts" method she learned from Rick and came up with the skin-suits. She always wanted to get away from the sword, so it would make perfect sense for her to transition to a gun while the rest of the world moves to swords and daggers. Also, that belt buckle matches Michonne's eccentric style. And last but certainly not least, the title "Face to Face"; I take it to mean, Rick and Michonne coming face to face for the first time since their falling out.

Also, Kirkman teased about the boat in a Letter Hacks a few months ago. Also, he teased about the Whisperer's dwellings in this month's Hacks. Someone mentioned how they couldn't sleep with walkers around, and speculated they were cave dwellers. When in reality; they live on boats! Pretty smart. I wonder if they also corral the herd of walkers onto barges so they can be easily contained and transported using tow-ropes and tugboats when needed, like so many weapons?

9. jwcoombs

The Whisperer's just live on the boats. It was pretty much mentioned in this month's Hacks, and hinted in a Hacks from a few months ago.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Stop!!! Let me remain in denial that michonne could turn to the dark side!!! (Accidental pun, but left there deliberately)

11. jwcoombs

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Bwahahaha, I really don't understand the Michonne/villain craziness. I think the chances of Michonne becoming the leader of the whisperers are about the chances of my microwave exploding and all the molecules coming back to together and forming Gary Busey. Then for the next 30 minutes or so, Gary Busey and I just sit at my kitchen table and argue about whether chicken pot pies can be considered a breakfast food.

That whisperer in the photos had no breasts. Michonne may turn out to be some source of frustration for Rick and others, but she very unlikely will be a villain. And definitely not the leader of the whisperers. :p

[​IMG]

#33 Neuropyramidal, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  14. Neuropyramidal

That's quite possible. But I think the only thing mentioned in this month's Hacks was Kirkman denying that the whisperers live in caves, and stating that they don't sleep in the middle of walkers.

15. Something2Fear

Holy shit that 139 cover. I'm so curious.

I'm guessing that's the leader of the whisperers on 138.

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I really hope she isn't a villain now, but I can't deny that Michonne as a whisperer would be badass.

I just want to see her again. :'(

17. Something2Fear

Even though I also have suspicions that Michonne is a member of the Whisperers, I don't think this particular one is her. The only evidence you really have here is he's African American. Even as a whisperer I don't think Michonne would choose a shotgun over her katana. And also that guy clearly doesn't have boobs unless they're pretty well concealed under his/her shirt there. The overall physique looks male to me.

#37 Something2Fear, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  18. jwcoombs

Yeah, but you've got to admit; with that bit from this month's Hacks, and the boat hint a few months back; it certainly seems like it could be going that way. Although you're right; Kirkman was perfectly vague and tight-lipped in his comments, as usual. So the boats could be literally anything.

Although; I don't know how I feel about the scouting party theory. I feel like there would have been some mention of a port and working ships and ongoing expedition efforts. I mean, that would be a huge part of their infrastructure and their way of life. I just don't think it would have been hidden for so long.

Unless; after Rick and Michonne had their falling out, Michonne and a group of recruited followers strike out on a boat they repaired to seaworthy status during the time jump; with the intention of never coming back. But now they've come back; which is cause for concern and alarm.

That being said; I'm in total agreement about it being the Chesapeake. I lived in NOVA and D.C. for years; and the only other real possibility would be the Potomac, but I don't think it's a river.

19. Neuropyramidal

I thought the same thing. Alexandria is very close to the Chesapeake. Probably much closer to the Chesapeake than it is to some of the other communities, since it takes them 2 days to travel to them sometimes. Yet in all this time we haven't visited it? That'd be the first place I would have scouted to, after settling in to ASZ.

20. jwcoombs

Me and Ronny Haze just had a discussion about the breasts issue as well today. But here's the thing; if they're wearing full skin suits, it wouldn't be difficult for the skin, coupled with the oversized clothing to mask the figure of a woman. Also, Jesus had no idea Lydia was a female until he got her unmasked and cleaned up. Yes, you can make the argument that not all 16 year old girls have large breasts, but if we're being realistic odds are she's already developed her womanly features.

Also, it stands to reason that if they're sending teenage girls to the front lines, and she's regularly on the hunt; then I'd imagine there have been more than a few females present in all of the Whisperer encounters so far, and we've been unable to identify them. Also, I believe the first unmasked Whisperer, the one Dante killed was a woman; and there was no way of knowing until he unmasked her. So, the breast thing is tricky;because, it's easy to compress, hide, and disguise a woman's figure. Hell, the woman could easily put on a sports bra before suiting-up to better disguise themselves among the walkers, and potential hostiles.