Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

138 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by LetsGo, Mar 11, 2015.

1. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I'm 98% certain that it is Michonne on that boat, and she is coming back from a new settlement that you travel to by boat. It fits with the edge of the world (a waterfront) and the world getting larger (the new settlement).

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its mildly irritating the way some of the strong females treat Jesus. He does a lot of work for the communities, risks his life, and has saved the day many times, and he's often talked down to and blown off. Andrea the other day basically slammed the door in his face when he was inquiring if she was okay alone with Magna's group. Maggie has done this to him on more than one occasion, like this issue "no one is killing anyone" and "put me down", right after he saved her life. [I think he still did save her life, even though the poison wore off, because Gregory would have done something more when he saw her waking up.]

3. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Gawd Carl your thinking with the wrong head :zombies_lol:
    And i couldnt help but think when the leader called herself Alpha think of the wolves group that are coming to the show. Good issue Overall but Gregory is still breathing so thats a negative man why Cant that waste of air @$$face die already:shining:

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I wish Maggie had agreed to go to the doctor (though I suppose she wouldn't have had time anyway, once the Whisperers showed up). We still don't know what Gregory dosed her with or what side effects it might have. It must have been something nasty, because Gregory was surprised she was still alive.

I seriously didn't clue in to the fact that Alpha is female until Lydia called her "Mom." :zombies_lol: It's strange that a female would be the alpha in a tribe of animalistic, rapey people.

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

So, I finally read it. I've flip-flopped on whether or not to believe Lydia at least once every issue. Now, I've returned back to my original stance that Lydia is legit. I now fully buy her story. I think she's a victim of circumstance and indoctrination. It's s she's known for so long, so it makes sense for her to be a little (well, a lot) off.

That being said, I still hope she is nothing more than Carl's version of Jessie. She'll steal his heart, and then die horribly-- likely in a way makes Carl feel as though he's to blame for her death. He's supposed to be with Sophia. Fact.

Also, I LOVED seeing Gregory get his. What an asstard. "You can't even Poison someone." Lol. Like I just posted in the preview thread, I hope he is cast as Piers Morgan on the show. It would be perfect. Such a stuck-up, condescending dickhead. Hopefully, when they lead him into the basement, he falls down the stairs and paralyses himself from the eyeballs down-- that way he can't talk anymore. Wait... Am I talking about Piers Morgan, or Gregory? Yes.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Maggie is such a Judas.

7. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

This one was kind of meh imo.
    Maggie and Jesus are so awesome.
    Carl is insufferable, and as I always say KILL ****ING GREGORY

Also bring back Negan, Rick and Andrea, I miss them a lot.

8. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

lmao, Queen

9. halcyon

halcyon Member

Here's what I think:

Gregory is setting Maggie up. It could be that he only gave her a mild poison in the hopes that she would think he had tried to kill her and lock him away (as she did). Now, with the help of his cronies, he's going to use this to discredit Maggie- he'll say that Maggie locked him up just for speaking out against her. Maggie will have to try and prove to her people that Gregory tried to kill her (which will be difficult, seeing as she appears to be in full health mere minutes after the incident took place).

This also explains Gregory's excessive gloating in #137: he wants to make sure Maggie thinks he tried to kill her.

10. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I don't think Gregory is anywhere close to that smart. His cronies knew he was trying to kill her, so he wouldn't be able to deceive them in this manner.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Interesting theory. Gregory certainly did go overboard with his "This is my town" speech. The only thing that would have made it more sinister is if he'd twirled his mustache at the end. ;) But Jesus walked in just at that moment, so if Gregory was plotting to set Maggie up, it backfired.

Edit: Unless...Jesus was meant to find them? Gregory seemed prepared with the excuse that she had just passed out, and anything Jesus heard before that is going to be his word against Gregory's, and Gregory could say Jesus was working with Maggie to set him up. But how would he be sure that Jesus would walk in at the right time?

I bet we won't find out the answers to any of this until April at least.

#51 and138, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  12. halcyon

halcyon Member

If it was a setup, I don't think Gregory anticipated Jesus walking in. It's still just two people so I don't think he'll see it as a major change to his plan- Maggie and Jesus seem fairly close so he'll probably say that Jesus is working with her to keep him from speaking out. Jesus' presence might be a complication though since he's lived at Hilltop for some time and is well-respected among the community.

Also, anyone think we're any closer to figuring out this cover? I think Maggie might have just found out that Carl is gone.

13. Neuropyramidal

Gregory wouldn't plan a convoluted scheme like that, I don't think. Plus we heard him plotting the murder with the parents. I don't think Gregory has many fans at the Hilltop. No one is going to believe him [or care] if he accuses Maggie of false accusations.

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Gregory is too stupid to come up with something like that, especially that it has so much potential to backfire. I genuinely do believe Gregory is stupid enough to attempt and fail to poison Maggie during the day while not locking the door and yell his plans out loud and deny it. He's a cocky asshole so him yelling those plans is perfectly Gregory. The townsfolk will have little problem believing Maggie. She also has Jesus as a witness.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Jesus is going to pull off the Gregory mask to reveal Negan underneath, and then Negan will be like, "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

16. WatWD

WatWD Member

Ruh, Row Raggy!!! :zombies_lol:

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

The look on Sophia in the background would support this theory as well. Good catch! I would be inclined to believe this above some of the other guesses about it.

18. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the #140 cover matches the panel of Sophia walking into Carl's room. Maybe it's directly after that. She runs to find Maggie who panics.

Seems like further evidence that #139 is entirely in Alexandria and we won't be back at the Hilltop until #140.

19. Neuropyramidal

Its possible. Lydia told him to stop wearing his eye patch. So perhaps Maggie discovers Carl's eye patch, along with a note regarding his departure.

20. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

That issue had me like

[​IMG]

I never want a child!!!