Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

139 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by LetsGo, Mar 25, 2015.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I may be completely off base, but when I read those panels and saw the look on Rick's face when he said, "I'd never do that to someone," I wondered if there was more beneath the surface of that joke. Could Michonne have cheated on Ezekiel before she left? I feel like she's punishing herself for how the relationship ended as well as for losing her daughters in the past. Then again, she was pretty hostile to Ezekiel when she saw him, so maybe he did something bad to her? I understand she left because she felt she didn't deserve happiness, but there seems to be a lot that is still unspoken in that situation and I'm thinking she may have sabotaged the relationship to have an excuse to leave.

Anyway, MICHONNE! I'm so happy to have her back, I could forgive her anything. <3

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I agree, I didn't quite understand that dialogue. When Rick said "I would never do that to someone" Michonne said "oh, I'm sorry, Rick. I forgot". Forgot what? Is she talking about way back when Rick got cheated on by Lori? Or something that happened during the time jump? She seemed to be apologizing to Rick for the joke, as if Rick had just gone through something like that himself.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, or that, definitely. What on earth? This issue raised more questions than it answered.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well... I'm picturing Danai playing post-AOW Pirate Michonne... And my dick is a full boner.

the scene with Carl and the Whisperers was cool. "The dangerous end is pointed at you." Lol.

also, I really don't hope they have the whisperers think carl is a spy and that be what sparks war or something. That would be pretty lame, IMO.

also, interesting that Dwight has a lumber company. Hopefully that's just foreshadowing that Dwight falls into a sawmill and gets cut in half lengthwise.

5. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Michonne doesn't really like Andrea right? Her joke with Rick and Magna was tasteless indeed
    [​IMG]

6. Neuropyramidal

I don't think there's any animosity between Michonne and Andrea, unless it happened during the jump. But something is definitely amiss with that conversation.

7. Kareem Ruiz

Kareem Ruiz New Member

I only care about Michonne so I'm happy she's is back! Michonne have nice boobs!

8. Neuropyramidal

Michonne 'has' nice boobs. When it comes to cleavage, we really have to strive for accurate grammar. Its a sign of respect.

9. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

But remember that comment she made to Rick once, plus I don't remember them bonding that much, and now she comes up with this joke
    [​IMG]

10. boba772

boba772 Member

I still am not a big fan of Michonne, and Rick really upset me in this issue. Not that I did not like how it went, but I really dislike Rick. I like to not like him though, if that makes sense. Like, he cannot take a joke or even compromise. I kinda get him beating that guy a few issues back for not clearing the way, but I think that he has become just a bitter old man. When the communities all collapse, I hope he falls. Really enjoy the boats docking, Ezekiel, Carl, and everyone at Hilltop. Dante is fastly becoming one of my favourite characters. Also liking Sophia more. Maggie seems like she has to put up with so much, and I think she is a great leader. As a person kinda a bitch though lol. Aaron seemed sad to me, at first I thought something seemed strange when he made the comment and Rick got upset, but after rereading I have come to the conclusion that Aaron is still sad and Rick is just bitter.

All in all I loved this issue, really good one! Also I am ready for Rick Grimes to die. :D

11. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Then that means no Richonne

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. Richonne can still happen after No Way Out, then she can become a pirate afterwards but still be with him when she's home.

13. Darth_The_Dude

Darth_The_Dude New Member

I really enjoyed this issue.

Rick has become a different type of crazy. He only seems to act out when someone deviates from the plan that upholds "modern" civilization. When Zeke suggests a change to the already established bartering system and a couple issues back when he freaked out about the road to the Hill Top not being secure. The pressure of keeping things together without the physical attributes to do it himself anymore seems to be weighing heavy on him.

Carl is a badass. I wonder how this arch will end. Another AOW, or Carl recruiting the Whisperers into supply runners. They just honestly don't seem dangerous.

What about 140's cover? Does Rick lock Maggie up for letting Carl run off? She looks like she's wearing a jump suit similar to Negan's.

14. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Amazing issue!
    Of course this guy
    [​IMG]
    had me thinking it was Michonne in the first page, still I'm glad we get to see Ezekiel again.
    Michonne coming back had me smiling like an idiot for hours.
    I found it strange that Alpha accepted Carl so easily.
    Anyway, pretty good issue overall, now we have to wait to see what's the whole business with Negan in #141.

15. Darth_The_Dude

Darth_The_Dude New Member

Maybe Negan knows of the Whisperers, perhaps had a territory deal worked out, and Rick needs him to track them down to find Carl.

16. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

man its like for every question an issue answers, it asks 3 more. i mean we found out about the boat, Michonne, Zeke, a lil bit about Dwight. but now theres even more unknowns.

great issue tho. as much as i enjoy all the new elements of the story i love getting updates and seeing the progression of already established elements even more.

sucks we gotta go back to once a month again. what a tease

17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

June is a two issue month I believe

18. Neuropyramidal

Rick wouldn't do that. Maggie is either discovering something horrible, or realizing she just did something horrible, probably the former.

Yep. The show overall has moved slightly faster than the comics, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they are doing all these double issue months is to keep the comics comfortably ahead of the show.

19. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Y'all, I'm so bad at this remembering thing. I thought Heath had died. :|

20. Neuropyramidal

Only his leg died. ;)