Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

140 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by jwcoombs, Apr 7, 2015.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Also, I think it was positively hilarious that Gregory tried to poison Maggie with an overdose of oxycodone. LOL

He didn't poison her, he just got her really f*cking high. She wasn't dying she was just catching a top-notch-nod. I mean, of course an overdose of opiates can kill you, but it can take a large amount sometimes(especially if there's a tolerance). Also, the manner in which a person actually dies from an opiate overdose is respiratory failure. Basically, the opiate relaxes the body, including the lungs to the point of expiration. The breathing rate begins to slow, becoming slower and slower as time passes. The breathing becomes increasingly shallow and the blood pressure plummets until the person eventually just stops breathing. It can be very peaceful actually. But, it's easy to bring people back from too if you find them in time. A shot of epinephrine, some liquid charcoal, or even some naloxone if they can get there hands on it and just like that the victims is out of the woods. It's actually extremely rare for a person to die immediately from an opiate/opiod overdose.

On a side note, oxycodone(aka hillbilly heroin) seems to be the only medication that is ever mentioned or referred to directly by name in the entire series. I can't help but wonder it Kirkman or someone close to him struggled with opiate addiction and other substance abuse problems?

2. Magician22773

Magician22773 New Member

That was my thought as well. Such a strange choice of drug to mention. He may have just picked it because it is pretty much a universally known drug name, or as you mentioned, a drug that he has known from real life experiences.

Along with your great medical explanation of why it would be such a bad choice for poisoning, is the amount it would take to actually OD someone is quite high, even with no tolerance. It would require somewhere above 300mg to even get close. With the most powerful Oxycodone pill being 80mg, you are looking at 4 tablets. That amount of pill powder is not going to dissolve in a glass of wine. (Information taken from Bluelight.com......thankfully, I have limited "personal" knowledge of opiates)

But, hey ... we are fans of a comic / TV series about a Zombie Apocalypse, so maybe picking apart their choice of poison as being unbelievable is a little goofy, but what the heck. :)

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I think it was just an accident on Olivia's part.

I also don't expect Negan to escape right away. I think he will buy his time and try and escape during the fair or something.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, I totally agree that some or all of these plotlines will intersect at the fair. We've been joking for months now about the fair and how we hope that nothing bad will happen to cancel or ruin it, but it seems that's exactly what's likely to happen.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He he. I would love to see Negan walk up behind Dwight at the fair and just put his arm around him all: "Did ya miss me buddy? Holy Flagdadadoo! I really forked that mug of yours up, didn't I. My bad."

6. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

So do we think the fair will actually go on as planned with Carl missing and all? :/

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Yes, the fair will start as planned. But right in the middle of it, Carl, newly elected leader of the Whisperers, will lead his army into the ASZ to take all their cotton candy for himself.

8. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

That's what I would do anyways. I like cotton candy.

10. drail14me

drail14me New Member

My first thoughts...

Hey everyone. New to the forum but wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

I think issue 141 might be out now but I've not received my mailed subscription yet.

My first thoughts after reading issue 140 and seeing the cell door left open was that it was a test. I thought they wanted to see how Negan reacted. I was thinking there was about 20 armed guards outside the door and around the building to make sure he didn't escape.

My hope is that Negan will turn around and help out the group and become a positive part of the community......for a while at least. Figure sooner or later he'll go back to his old ways.

11. WatWD

WatWD Member

Welcome to the Forum!!

Issue 141 should hit store shelves on 13 May (about 2 weeks away).

Don't know if it is a trap, or not, but I fully expect that when Negan gets the opportunity he will return to his old ways.

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Welcome! :Grin:

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I kind of doubt it. They already know what Negan is not only capable of, but capable of showing a repetitious pattern of, so I don't think a test would prove much, one way or the other. Even an innocent man would likely use violence to escape a small prison cell.