Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

142 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by WatWD, Jun 5, 2015.

1. WatWD

WatWD Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE WALKING DEAD #142
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    June 10, 2015
    $2.99
    “A Gathering.”

@BatmansHooker @and138 @HondaS2kXD @jwcoombs @Neuropyramidal @Tony Davis @TheWalkingHorn @RoadWarrior @Jag @Walkers_TWD @kennyisalive94 @Z-Man
    @Sco @TheILLness @halcyon @shanewalking @WatWD @sacrdandprofne @legendx66 @TGO @lewh @ltomlinson31

Sorry if I didn't get you on the mention-bomb, it was a hack cut-and-paste job

What does Maggie have to say? Carl and/or Gregory?
    Carl getting to see his new "suit" or does he witness something he can't stomach?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is that a tear in Andrea's eye, or a badly drawn freckle?

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Looks like a tear to me. Different tone than the rest of her freckles.

4. WatWD

WatWD Member

I was guessing it was a tear also. I can't tell if it is due to happiness or sadness. I get the impression it is a happy tear.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I wonder what Andrea is so happy about? Getting everything constructed for the fair? Michonne's return? It seems as if she's looking up at something.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Panel 1:
    maggie has to say something. And that something is: "ab ka-def guh hidge klum nop curst ov wixies." (What it sounds like if you try to pronounce the alphabet)

Panel 2:
    Andrea has something in her eye, but is in a staring contest with Rick. She's never lost. Yet. Also, she's trying to scare her fans who know a big death is probably coming soon.

Panel 3:
    Somebody pisses off Carl by saying, "you like it, kid?" My guess is "it" is an oversized glass eye made specifically for Carl's mahoosive eye-hole. But it's a different color than Carl's actual eye.

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm actually unreasonably excited about the fair, as if I'm somehow able to go to it too. ;) It's just that we've been hearing about it for so long. OMG I know something terrible is going to happen to ruin everyone's fun.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

And it's working.

9. ltomlinson31

She really needs to stop that. It's not funny.

10. ltomlinson31

Issue 142 Discussion

"A Gathering"

[​IMG]

I'll make this thread a little bit early. I'm on my phone so I won't ddo a mention bomb right now.

Predictions for the Issue? I'm guessing it will be a slower issue and we don't go into the big shit at the fair until 143 or 144. Based on the preview panels, Maggie does damage control after Gregory's hanging. There are unhappy members of the Hilltop, but I don't believe Gregory's assassination is enough to push them over the edge into full revolt mode (or at least not in this issue). Carl is having his walker face prepared for him.

The Andrea panel is the hardest to tell. I do not believe those are tears of sadness. I think she is simply standing outside of Alexandria as members from the other communities are coming into the fair. Seeing all of these people from all of these communities come together and work together is everything this group fought for, and this fair has been something they've been working on for a long time. Seeing this all come together gives her joy. It's also scaring the shit out of me, and she needs to stop.

Anyways, I'm thinking this will be a slower issue. We'll start the fair, and I think it's possible we get a big cliffhanger that means bad news to the fair. Or it's even possible that the fair begins at the end of this issue, the bulk of it is in 143 and bad shit happens in 144. I am really out of ideas at this point.

#10 ltomlinson31, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  11. HondaS2kXD

#11 HondaS2kXD, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  12. BatmansHooker

Am I the only one not getting notifications for mentions lately? Thanks for the mention though. I'll post here later with my thoughts on the issue.

13. HondaS2kXD

I think it was because I copied the mention bomb. Gimme a sec and I'll edit it to see if I can fix it.

14. HondaS2kXD

Holy unnecessary formatting, batman!

15. ltomlinson31

Yeah I find that my mentions that I just copy and paste don't go through, so I usually do mine manually.

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Ms Mcleod will finally make her comic debut after the great hype of 2013 which made Kirkman change his plans for the series to include her in.

17. BatmansHooker

Quick little predictions:

-Slower issue. Mainly build up for issue 143 later this month.
    -The fair will begin (as we can guess from the cover, and the preview of Andrea tearing up is likely her overlooking the fair).
    -Mostly set in Alexandria. I think we'll just get a short Whisperer's scene, and the rest will be at Alexandria. Oh, and probably some of The Hilltop as well, considering the ending to 141.
    -I'm not sure about what Maggie might do. I'd imagine she'd tell Rick about Carl and Gregory, but who knows.

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be able to buy and read my issue until tomorrow evening. This is gonna suck. :(

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I would like to predict that this is the issue that finally confirms a zombieland crossover with Negan being the villain for Zombieland 2.

20. ltomlinson31