Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

142 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by WatWD, Jun 5, 2015.

1. halcyon

halcyon Member

Siddiq's story was cool, glad we got to see some backstory for the fishing community.
    I wonder if Maggie actually told Rick that they executed Gregory. I feel like he'd have something to say about that.
    Also Magna is in this issue which makes me happy

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that we never saw Maggie say that they executed Gregory. It's possible that it was implied, but it's also possible he doesn't know and it'll come out later.

3. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Carl will wear the walker mask. Could be interesting if Rick finds him with a mask on .... I'm pretty worried that Andrea and Michonne are going on the search for Carl with Rick. One of them is gonna die I just know it ,and that 145 issue makes me worry more its Michonne . The bloody katana could symbolize the death of Michonne . And 144 Ricks face makes me think Andrea .

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

maybe Michonne stabs Andrea with her katana and that's why it's bloody.

5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Some way alpha or Lydia is going g to die by the hands of rick, causing alpha or Lydia (who ever doesn't die) to retaliate which in turn causes michonne or andrea to die. I'm leaning towards andrea more then michonne even though I'd have neither die lol

6. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

I wonder if they absord the whisperers

7. Sco

Sco Member

Damn I thought something was gonna happen.... guess we gotta wait! lol

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

next one is the last before comic con, so I would expect something big

9. WatWD

WatWD Member

I enjoyed the issue. I would have loved it if when Rick said "You don't need to come with me. It could be dangerous." Michonne would have responded with "You couldn't stop me if you tried, PAW PAW".

10. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

I hope it's not but think it's Andrea, that shadowed face in the last panel is a similar artistic premonition to Glen before the lucile incident...

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good issue. I enjoyed the fast pacing near the end. I was worried they were going to drag out Alpha's travel to the safe zone over the 2 or 3 issues, and spend another issue of Rick being angry before finally getting a team together to search for Carl. Instead it was like BOOM...Fox Force Five, Unite! And we're off!

My guess is that Dante dies on this trip. That way the search for Carl arc can have a death without losing any of our core people. Plus, that would explain increased focus on the Maggie/Dante relationship this issue. I bet we are setting up a situation for Maggie to feel guilty. Dante made a point of stating that he's only doing this for her.

12. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I love how the team traveling to save Carl consists of massive characters who are big fan fan favourites and are the most important characters in the comics, and also Dante.

13. Neuropyramidal

Interesting about Oceanside, and Siddiq's backstory. Is Oceanside where Michonne lives now? Or a separate place? I'm guessing it is where Michonne lives, maybe we will see much more of it soon. In the letter hacks, somebody asked about walkers getting sucked into the ocean, and the response was "stay tuned". I think we meet Oceanside Community soon.

14. Neuropyramidal

I think they are playing the timelines a bit, the same way the show did in the back half of season 4. The conversation between Carl and Alpha may have taken place a week or two before the fair.

15. Neuropyramidal

If Lydia dies at the hands of Rick, it could be a very interesting twist to the Carl/Rick relationship.

16. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

There are going to be major deaths there is no way they introduced the whisperers in there own arc and have alpha and Lydia both live. That would bring a nice conflict with rick/carl Im waiting for people to die sadly it's good characters

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm kinda surprised Jesus didn't tag along.

18. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

So, quick summary of this issue:

the fair is nice and reminds people of how things were before, which they find weird.

On the "Bear Grylls pissed-scale," Rick is reading a solid 12.5/10.

Carl isn't taking any of Alpha's shit. TV Glenn is disappoint.

Maggie told Rick that Gregory tried to kill her, but not the situation that lead to it, or how she responded.

Alpha blends in surprisingly well for a shaved-headded chick.

And finally, I am really. F*cking. Worried. About Andrea.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I loved that part. Those are three of our main characters, but at the same time, after the "New Beginning" time jump, it seems so old-school for them to be going out on a mission together.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

So there's some interesting romantic drama going on in Magna's group. Kelly and Connie are an item, and they seem to be trying to hide it yet everyone but Magna knows. And Luke seems to have a thing for Magna, yet she's oblivious. I wonder where this soap opera is leading?