Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1x04 "Not Fade Away" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by H5N1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Discuss your complaints about this episode.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Too much Alicia not enough Tobias.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, we have to have one thread for people to post the same complaints over and over, so this might as well be it.

#3 westwingnut, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  4. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

OK ...I won't argue with you.

I have ESP, so I know this is a FANTASTIC episode, and you are dull.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nada...not a one. My favorite episode thus far

6. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

So the Lt sits there at his own personal little driving range hitting golf balls, I wonder if he'll end up with an eye patch yelling "Kill them all" soon? Maybe that's their "crossover" with TWD, the Governor's doppelgänger is in this series.

7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Definitely no complaints. A lot of cliffhangers. cant wait till next week.

8. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Dear God, the stupid in this episode BURNS!
    Because her boyfriend is the only person who speaks 'National Guard' (feel the sarcasm), Mom CUTS A HOLE in the fence (you know that 'slightly' important thing if the dead get close)! Instead of climbing it!
    So that she can go save someone in the badlands, that she would then have to explain to the Guardsmen.
    Whoever is writing her character must be having 'Lori' flashbacks.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It is a big jump to believe things went from the end of the last episode to this one in nine days?

What are they in Hungary?

The idea that they would pick some random section of the biggest city in America and fence it in is just silly. And then to have it patrolled by the National Guard as is shown with an iron fist just asks us to accept too much,for my taste.

On the other hand I was and am on the edge of my couch now!

Also I listened this week on my big expensive system and they need to try to make the dialogue and effects more clear for a normal crappy TV speaker!
    I miss so much if not listening with better gear that it is easy to miss entire plots or themes not to mention the tension ratcheted up with the sound.

10. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

That is a very good review, EZD. Thank you!

11. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It was a slight improvement over the other episodes. Still pretty lame all in all especially given what it could have been. The military leader is written like a high school student developed it his whole schtick is gimmicky uninteresting and contrived.

Madison through the fence was good but it seems she would have needed more motivation than she had to do that than she had

Travis said he hardly knew the neighbor that was freaking out but his wife acted like they were really close.....

On and on really amateurish writing.

12. Wesker

Wesker Member

Oh Jeez..the military as the evil bad guys..wow, that is sooo lazy. Who did they consult on this crap, Code Pink and Cop Block? Ugh..it just gets worse. I expect by next week we'll have full on Col. Kurtz...the horror, the horror

13. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

In fairness, the military was always one of the enemies in the Walking Dead series. See this clip of Shane trying to rescue Rick from the Hospital:

https://youtu.be/_aTP1Fq8wVY

I hope Fear TWD elaborates on the how/why this policy was initiated. But its not far-fetched

14. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

My favourite bit was the part where Nick got smacked in the head by that army guy with the gun.

15. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

What exactly did Madison use to snip the fence? And why were only two snips sufficient?

16. Kilroy was here

They're Fing up massively making him a cartoon character. If they're going with the military are the bad guys angle, then it would be a lot more interesting watching the unit credibly go from being there to protect the citizens to exploiting them. It would address how the Slabtown cops got the way they did.

17. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

there are complains to the storyboard, which I can accept, but watching that quoted part from TWD I could also say the storyboard is funny : the military are killing all the people in the hospital who are trying to escape but they don't shoot at a man kept living by a machine which will soon stop working and consenquently transforming him into a zombie :D

I really felt boring the first half, but the second one was much better, the group has been splitted, Travis is starting to have doubt about how military are handling the situation.

I just don't understand how the military will loose control of the situation, I mean, Maddie went outside and everyone was killed, not a single zombie, while in TWD the cities are filled of them, or again, just comparing the quoted TWD episode with what we watched today (yesterday for the US)

18. Wesker

Wesker Member

Ohh, Shane...there's not a single character in the entire FTWD that even comes close to good old Shane.

19. Kilroy was here

She had wire cutters with her, tucked against her side.

Because that's what the script called for.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Lazy Fence Building.