Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1x04 "Not Fade Away" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by H5N1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I'd have to go back and look, but I thought they did like a very tiny time-jump. As she started snipping I thought to myself that surely they're not going to make us watch the entire snipping process. And then they didn't.

2. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

started a little slow and then got better

it will be good to see what is going on at this "military hospital"

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It did bug me that we heard the suicide note spoken by Alicia and not Su-Su.

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

There is a sneak peak clip for E5 where it looks like they will address some internal conflict within the military.

5. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I saw an interview with one of the producers or writers yesterday, and they said the next episode would show some dissension in the Guard unit over how people are treated.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yea, somebody at AMC thinks there's no better way to demonstrate aristocratic indifference than showing someone casually hitting golf balls in an inappropriate place. It doesn't really work for me, but then I'm not a golfer.

7. Morgotha

LOL, making us watch her snip 40 pieces of chain link would be a serious filler, alright.

8. Morgotha

Watching that clip where the Guard started shooting everyone, and Shane ducks down in Rick's room so they wouldn't shoot HIM, why didn't the Guardsman shoot Rick?

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If the fence was joined at the post where she snipped it might have been attached to the post with as few as 2 or 3 links really.
    So maybe she saw this and went to that spot for that reason and they did show it all. Also it tells me that they put the fence up too fast and it should soon come down just as fast(wink-wink)!

And I think the soldiers at the Hospital were just blasting away at anyone moving so they could get out alive but they did not go room to room and never saw Rick or heard Shane or they would have been blasted too.

10. Morgotha

I guess people build things differently. I thought at the end of a run of chain link they put a bar down the last row of links, and then used brackets to bolt this bar to the pole. That to me would be secure, just using a few links to connect to the fence seems like it would make a pretty weak fence!

Actually, reading what I wrote, it would probably have been easier to find the end of a row of fence and just unbolt it. She could then RE bolt it when she came back and no one would be the wiser. With Cut chain at the next inspection of the fence it will be obvious someone is going out.

She should probably leave Liza's wallet near the opening, just in case ;)

#30 Morgotha, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Plus, at a quick glance, if you add up the circumference of all the safe zones on the map, it looks to be perhaps somewhere around 100 miles of fence. Does California NG have that much fence and materials on hand that it can erect 100 miles on fence spontaneously in a couple days? Maybe it does, I really don't know. But that's a lot of fence.

12. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Concertina wire... maybe, but not full blown fencing like that.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well the Hungarians put one up that long really quickly just last week and it is much more convincing too but it does seem like a pretty monumental task in California to me considering the other things bothering them just now?

14. Wesker

Wesker Member

Just finished watching the entire episode and I really can't begin to say how crappy I think the whole series is. The whole evil military thing is just stupid. The golf scene is so reminiscent of Woodbury that its farcical. Why the hell would the military care about some strung out heroin addicted POS when the world is collapsing around them? Why is the military wearing full MOPP gear a few blocks from the safe zone, as if the chain link fence around the zone will miraculously keep out airborne virus? Then to compare the US military to Central American hit squads..UGH..it's beyond stupid. Add to this the dull completely unlikable characters and you've got the steaming pile that FTWD is.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Don't zone out.

16. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I think they're worries about the risk it might be to the community, if these people start losing it and harming people. IT still seems pretty stupid to me though. There is no reason to stop a man from going with his wife when she is getting medical treatment, so there must be something else going on at their medical facility, which makes no sense.

This military sure knows how to turn their only allies left against them in a world of undead. I can see why things ended up getting even worse with no secure communities if this is how stupid the military acted in this show.

17. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Too much stupid for my liking. It was entertaining, by why would the military go to such efforts to turn people against them? They realize they're in America, right? The place where people have guns in case of a tyrannical government trying to enforce unjust laws on them? It just seems a little farfetched that the military would be THAT naive to think they can get away with abusing power when people are the most valuable resource.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Seems like you made a decent go of complaining to me?