Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1x05 "Cobalt" Complaints and Criticism

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by H5N1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Discuss all your complaints and criticisms with the episode.

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

First of all, there is no way a low level military guy would know what "Colbalt" means.. Only Generals and Admirals would know something that high level..

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Not in emergency situations with a lot of "field promotions" with a need to react quickly to an evac order.

The worse things get, the more information is going to leak out and before long there is no more "secret" from within the military.

4. Rust

Rust Member

It makes no sense, that in a supposed apocalypse, that the military would, for some unknown reason kill able bodied uninfected civilians. The demonization of the American military is, in my opinion, a poor direction to take the show. National Guardsmen come from the community, they are civilian soldiers. The US military is not made up of trained death squads. Also how would a grunt like a corporal know about Cobalt? Why would he not warn Ofelia, whom he likes? If a corporal knows do all the guardsmen know? If they do what do they think is happening to their families in their neighborhoods? It all makes very little sense.

5. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I could be wrong about this, but I interpreted Cobalt as being a strike against those likely to become infected, such as those at the hospital. Maddie says something about "what happens to our people", not "us". The safe zones will just be abandoned. A big part of this episode was dedicated to making it clear that the soldiers aren't evil but rather in over their heads, and in the end they just want to go be with their families. I agree that Adams might have told them anyway- and might have even wanted to go with them, since he liked Ofelia- but Daniel got razor happy. I wasn't thrilled with that whole thing. We know more about Daniel's true nature now, but it felt unnecessary. We never even heard the guy refuse. I suppose he might know because Moyers was hardly running a tight ship.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Are they FOR REAL? Holy **** they are stupid.

Anyway to speak of the soldiers. They haven't slept for 50 hours? Of course they gonna do weird things. This is proof they are running thin. Lacking numbers.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Agree it is extra frustrating that they did not go back and give us anything about how this all came down so quickly?

It is just too much to ask that we understand or accept this all with ZERO evidence or idea how it all came to this in 9 days.

They are clearly pulling out though to leave the living Cattle helpless in the cage.or so they want to think.

8. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I took it as they were going to "humanely terminate" everybody they could get their hands on, because killing innocent uninfected people is the best way to ensure the survival of the species when things are looking bleak.

9. saefields

saefields New Member

For info on how quickly things can go bad - review what occurred in New Orleans post-Katrina regarding medical, police and fire personnel. Plus you add bad leadership to inappropriate methods and tools (a 50 caliber to shoot a walker? Really?) the smart ones are on the road ASAP and you can't blame them.

10. Scarecrow666

Scarecrow666 Member

Streets of LA would not be deserted this fast...

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem for me isn't so much that it is happening, but they haven't sold it to us. We've gone from point A to B too quickly.

It's like in Season 2 of TWD we had the buildup to Shane plotting to kill Rick. There were many elements that led them to that point which is why that scene in the field was so powerful. And even then Shane couldn't do it.

Personally, I think Season 1 with only 6 episodes should've just shown the disintegration of society. The first 3 were on a good path. Then they could've devoted a good part of Season 2 to a safe military zone etc, and the dissolution of that.

12. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

That's how I took it too, and as they have had to pull their lines back because they were being overrun, they kill everyone because they can't get the live ones out and can't afford to have them turn too.

13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I really thought this might be a good episode. The writing on this show is now officially horrible. The plot moronic. The characters cardboard. And the plan for the show is seems to be to keep it that way despite opportunities to make it a good show. This is the worst television episode I have ever watched all the way through.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Why couldn't they take naps? They were just standing around doing nothing.

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

They tried to do too much with 6 episodes and killed the continuty.

16. murray-eliminat

murray-eliminat New Member

Colbalt

Loved the episode, The show is starting to build up and move. Can't wait for next weeks show. Wondering the stadium Walkers will get out!

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Almost forgot,WHERE ARE ALL THE BODIES???????

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

So they shoot innocent people but round up walkers and put them in a arena?

19. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

So you wanted Season 2 of FTWD to be season 2 of TWD?

NO THANKS

20. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

The way I took it , it was ordinary civilians to begin with. the soldier said he'd never seen people turn so fast and then they were unable to tell the walkers from the people, so they just began shooting them all, and then chained the doors.