Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1x06 "The Good Man" Complaints and Criticism

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by H5N1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The thread to discuss everything and anything that went wrong in this episode.

2. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I was really worried that we wouldn't introduce another character who likes to keep secrets. Someone else who keeps others in the dark unnecessarily. And then they developed Strand.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Too bad Exner didn't go with. She was easy on the eyes.

4. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

How did Chris and Alicia manage to escape from the military guys holding them hostage again? They seem to have skipped this...

I still don't get what Strand agenda is.. The guy just seem so out of place...

5. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

Strand's boat is clearly named after a female. I'd say a woman as opposed to a girl (such as a daughter), since Abigail clearly gave him the cuff links he retreived while leaving his watch behind. This tells us that Strand is a man with some capacity for feeling as opposed to a cartoon bad guy. Like Maddie, he has a mysterious past he maybe doesn't want to talk about. The showrunner said on TTD we'd learn more about him next season. I was sort of hoping Dr. Exner would go with, too. She'd be damn useful, especially now with the whole Liza situation.

6. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I said this in the general thread'Hey Travis what a DICK move, leaving the gate to the housing development open when you know that you're going to release about TWO THOUSAND walkers from the arena that is only a short distance away.We now have a 'leader' with a lower IQ than Rick."

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It is two miles from the safe zone to the hospital. The odds of that herd walking to the safe zone are infinitesimal. Someone inside can hit the buttons and close the gates themselves.

I didn't understand the time jump. When the group passes by the ash heap the sun is pretty high in the sky.

#7 westwingnut, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I thought the entire premise of the Herd just following Daniel was stupid?

He has ZERO experience with Skinbags in any way at all aside from blowing Petes head off but then he somehow knows how to handle them,en mass and can get them to fall in behind him for the entire trip to the compound?

What is he the Skinbag Whisperer?

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I stopped watching when he sauntered up with his personal army of zombies and the guards didn't shoot him first.

10. mistymage

mistymage Member

"Please don't make Travis do it. It will break him." Boom! I guess Travis is now broken.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not to mention him sauntering up with 2000 perfectly silent walkers behind them. Not a moan at all until they're at the gate.

How you can slowly walk away from 2000 walkers and be in no danger at all, but these same walkers destroy all of Los Angeles in 8 days?

And the soldiers who have spent the past week shooting walkers in the head because that's the only way they die suddenly spraying them on full automatic. Not one sergeant or anyone else thought to say "hey! single fire, headshots only, ones at the fence first".

12. Morgotha

So is Liza.

13. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

AND a doctor, a DOCTOR! Why you wouldn't devote more time to getting a real DOCTOR to come along, I have no fkn clue.

I think it would have been an interesting story ark as well having Dr. Exner along. Having her deal with her depression and the tough choices she had to make in the early days would have been really awesome.

#13 Thrishmal, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  14. Morgotha

This really bothered me too. They spend more time staring at the pile of bodies than they did trying to convince the doctor that knows the way out of the building not to come with them. And Maddie was there being a good mom and stealing what she could, but why not take a sec and try and convince the doc to come? She could grab a LOT of useful stuff in a hurry.

15. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

This really bothered me as well. They are standing 15 feet from the fence and somehow can't even hit any of the walkers on the other side because "lol, I keep shooting the fence!" Walk up to the dang fence and shoot them point blank if you can't hit them from 15 ft. away!

16. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

I thought it was kind of weird that Liza didn't want to say goodbye to her son :(

It also seemed a little anti-climactic that the army guy only shot Ofelia in the shoulder. To really teach Travis the lesson he needed to learn about letting him go, something more dramatic needed to happen.

However, I really liked this episode.

17. Morgotha

Yeah, it was tough about Liza and Chris. Remember though she didn't even want Travis to know until the deed was done. It must really have been a tough decision for her, whether to hold on as long as possible and spend every possible second with her family, or to go quickly and quietly before they have a chance to see her becoming a zombie.

I don't think the soldier tried to wound her shoulder, I think he just didn't aim well enough to kill her. The part that shocked me about that is that he had more hatred for her at the end for betraying him than she did for Daniel who tortured him. LOL, I think I wouldn't have said a word before I filled Daniel full of lead. I probably wouldn't have any bullets left, but if I did, and was really feeling it, I would have given a couple to Maddie as well.

18. Morgotha

I guess Strand bothered me a bit. I was OK with thinking him as a flashy con man kind of guy, but it turns out he's super-rich, with not just a boat but a huge yacht waiting for them, his house on generators, etc. and yet he ended up in the same cell with Nick and The Depressed Guy both from the safe zone? I guess it bothers me so much because it reminds me of the terrible movie San Andreas where the Rock is a firefighter, and his wife is divorcing him to hitch up with an ultrarich globetrotting architect. That's guilt by association for you: Strand is bad because San Andreas was bad.

Oh yeah, someone earlier was wondering what happened to all the CEO's, etc. Now you know, they're floating around eating caviar looking for a safe place to land.

19. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

It was more him remembering what Daniel said, about doing anything for his little girl. The soldier wanted to take that away from him in order to make Daniel hurt and suffer far more than simply killing Daniel.

20. Morgotha

That's a good insight! I saw more as him seeing Ofelia and saying, "you're the reason this happened to me!"