Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[201] Monster Praise and Good Vibes

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - Monster' started by Dnae, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This is the place to give the Monster a bit of love

sticky thread please (and thank you) [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION]

#1 Dnae, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

Nicely done episode. Nick has grown on me from last season.

And I was glad to see Tyreese's hat make a crossover from TWD to Fear...

#2 MrBigDog1974, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay here goes......

• Last season many of us were wondering if they were going to get a "theme" song. The answer to that question is, nope. But I really thought it was so cool they way they faded from the music that was playing at the end of the opening scene into the title opener. Very nice touch indeed.
    • Already the tension between Madison and Travis is evident. I wonder if the relationship will survive season 2?
    • Strand - well just every scene he was in was awesome. He has such a presence about him That man's voice could melt icebergs people.
    • Strand's three rules: Rule 1-My boat; Rule 2-MY boat; Rule 3-My goddamn boat
    • While Alicia chatting away on the radio was annoying at first, upon further reflection I could actually see this happening with a 17 year old. Our kids are growing up in a world where everything they want is at their fingertips almost instantly. They are rarely given reason to learn the task of reserve and that things in general are finite. So with that in mind, of course the last thing on her mind is the life of a battery. In her world, that battery is easily obtainable. She has yet to find herself in a position where items such as clothing, medicine, food, water, batteries, etc are not readily available to her at the drop of a hat or a quick trip to the corner market
    • I am not sure if it is a strange father/son or brother/brother type relationship that is developing between Nick and Strand, but I am enjoying their dynamic. Hoping that it is explored more.
    • Speaking of Nick - without a doubt, he is my favorite character. Like every scene he is in. And that scene when he finds himself in the hull of that boat and comes face to face with a walker. I have yet to put my finger on his reaction, but I loved that it was not a reaction of instantaneous fear, but more of a strange curiosity. **Question** - any ideas how that log book he snatched from the wreckage will come into play?

All in all a good episode that did a great job of laying the foundation for the season. Looking forward to next Sunday

#3 Dnae, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  4. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

i thought this was a strong opener! within five minutes we had that awesome zombie-death by rotor moment. that was worth the price of admission right there ~ hahaha

Strand is looking a little unhinged, which is great.
    Nick is still Nick and i still dig him (though that moment in the gangway with Ofelia was kinda weird).

i feel like Madison and Travis have flipped roles from last season. switch all of their lines and it would have made sense.

still love Daniel. he managed to make that scene with Chris not painful at all (and kind of touching).