Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 current racial troubles

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Might as well put all this stuff in one place

2. Morgotha

So protestors were trying to topple a statue and a group of concerned citizens tried to stop them in New Mexico. Someone got shot, and now there's a hullaballoo.

LOL, the part I think is funny is that the mayor sent the police in to break things up when someone got shot (and by the sound of it arrested a bunch of the concerned citizens), however he did NOT send in the police when the protestors put chains around the statue and tried to pull it down. Maybe if he HAD tried enforcing the law then citizens wouldn't feel compelled to do so on their own.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-shot-new-mexico-protest-spanish-conquerors-statue

edit: a little more news on the shooting. Apparently the man shot while defending himself from being attacked. Notice he's labelled as being a *white* man.

"
    Then, a white man in a blue T-shirt appeared to rile the crowd, according to video obtained by KOB4. People erupted in shouts and the man took a few steps back. A masked protester swung a skateboard and struck him in the shoulder. The man back peddled out of the crowd, but continued to exchange shouts with protesters.

Someone in the video encouraged people to follow the man and get his license plate number. Several people followed him, and one tackled him to the ground. As he tried to stand back up and three people tried to hit him again, the man in blue pulled a gun and fired four shots, striking one man and scattering the crowd."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...at-albuquerque-protest/ar-BB15xraS?li=BBnb7Kz

#2 Morgotha, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. Morgotha

Someone's experience on the CHAZ zone in Seattle:

"
    During the day, he said, it could be considered peaceful if one ignored boarded-up businesses or graffiti calling for the murder of police. But when the sun goes down, the "criminal elements come out," Ngo noted.

"Unfortunately, last night that was made very clear, when one person on a microphone and a loudspeaker was able to sic a mob of probably more than 100 people to chase down this business that was several blocks away. They just all descended on it. It was pure anarchy," Ngo remarked.

"They pushed up against the fence and all rushed in. It could have been extremely violent," he recalled. "Fortunately it wasn't, according to what I heard from the owner and staff. They had detained one of the comrades of this camp for alleged arson and theft. And, because of that, all [of] his comrades came to help get him out."

"[The] police never came," Ngo added.

Ngo told Bream that while there may be some businesses in the area that are sympathetic to the protesters' cause, many others are not.

"For example, there's a Trader Joe's nearby who announced just a few days ago that they're closing indefinitely because of security and safety issues," he remarked. "So, when you take that and you also see all [of] the businesses that are boarded up, that no cars can drive into this area — I don't see how the few anecdotes of positive experiences of some owners could be the representative voice.""

https://www.foxnews.com/media/andy-ngo-seattle-occupied-zone-night

4. Morgotha

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Portland and Seattle used to be such beautiful cities. Now they are both littered with homeless tents surrounded by garbage and waste, there is graffiti everywhere, and of course there's the "peaceful protests" and/or "block parties" that always happen at night and always involve mobs of people and numerous crimes.

It's weird because supposedly people in these cities are such nice and peace-loving folks. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Morgotha

You know, I hadn't thought about it in quite that way before, but it's true, the population is the same in both the day and the night.

7. Morgotha

The Seattle CHAZ. The police chief will tell you they are policing, but no police will come when you need them.

"
    Seattle police Chief Carmen Best said Monday there is no “cop-free” zone in the city after a local business owner said he called 911 more than a dozen times when protesters vandalized his business but police never showed up.

“There is no cop-free zone in the city of Seattle,” Best said. “I think that the picture has been painted in many areas that shows the city is under siege. That is not the case.”

Best was referring to the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), previously called the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), a six-block area near downtown Seattle that includes a police precinct that was abandoned amid escalating tensions with George Floyd protesters.

John McDermott, who owns an auto shop just outside of the CHOP, told KIRO-TV a protester broke into his store, stole money from his cash register and tried to set fire to the building. The owner's son said he detained the suspect.

“I chased him down and as soon as I came face to face, he came at me so I put him on the ground,” McDermott’s son, Mason, told the station. He said the suspect also tried to cut him with a box cutter.

John McDermott said he called the police a total of 19 times to no avail.

“They alluded they were sending someone…finally said they weren’t going to send somebody,” McDermott said. “I don’t know what to expect next. If you can’t call the police department, you can’t call the fire department to respond, what do you have?” He said he's "heartbroken. I mean, they are the cavalry."

He said he finally had to give into other protesters’ demands – who knocked down his fence – to let the suspect go to avoid “mayhem beyond mayhem," adding that both his son and some of the protesters were armed but no shots were fired.

Best said officers responded to the report and “observed the location from a distance.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-...int-officers-didnt-respond-to-crime-near-chop

8. Morgotha

9. Morgotha

10. Morgotha

Looting and arson as "protests" were just fine when it was someone else's property. When it's YOUR house being burnt, many people aren't so sanguine.

"
    A Washington state mayor was fine with the Black Lives Matter protests that followed George Floyd’s death in police custody.

But that was until vandals damaged her home, according to reports.

Now, Mayor Cheryl Selby of Olympia refers to the protests as “domestic terrorism,” according to The Olympian.

“I’m really trying to process this,” Selby told the newspaper Saturday, after the rioters’ Friday night spree left her front door and porch covered with spray-painted messages. “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.

“I’m really trying to process this. It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair."

— Mayor Cheryl Selby of Olympia, Wash.

“It hurts when you’re giving so much to your community,” she added."

also

"Another BLM supporter, ESPN writer Chris Martin Palmer, who commented “Burn it all down,” when retweeting a photo of a Minneapolis building in flames in late May, had a different reaction when rioters came close to his house, The Sporting News reported.

“Get these animals TF out of my neighborhood,” Palmer wrote. “Go back to where you live.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingt...-domestic-terrorism-after-her-home-vandalized

11. Morgotha

So the stepmother of the police officer in Atlanta who was involved with the latest police shooting has been fired from her job, presumably related to this incident. This country is starting to look more and more like a communist country every day.

"The stepmother of the Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks was fired from her job as human resources director at an Atlanta-based mortgage company for allegedly violating company policy and creating an uncomfortable working environment for fellow employees.

Melissa Rolfe, the stepmother of former Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe, “lost the confidence of her peers, leadership, and many employees who no longer felt comfortable engaging with her,” a statement from Equity Prime Mortgage said.

The company said it values “diversity of thought” but “when those views create a hostile working environment, we must make difficult decisions and part ways.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/stepmother-of-atlanta-cop-in-rayshard-brooks-shooting-fired-from-job

12. Morgotha

After the Brooks shooting in Atlanta, all of the Atlanta police are getting $500. LOL, I understand this is to try and show the police they are appreciated after many of them have been calling in sick since the DA decided to file murder charges against the cop (in the case listed in the article one person on a shift of "several dozen" showed up for work, that's a LOT of "illness"), but isn't it a bit tone deaf? I almost looks like they are *rewarding* all the police for one of them killing someone.

The head of the police foundation say the payments are worth it as they are afraid of losing good police officers from lack of morale, and I can understand his concern. Your mayor suddenly passes a bunch of executive orders on when you can't use force, the DA charged an officer before the investigation of his conduct was completed, your chief of police decided to resign rather than take the heat from the shooting -- if YOU as a police officer were involved in a shooting, would anyone have your back? Nope. Unfortunately for the police foundation, I'm sure the officers can see that. That doesn't make for good morale.

Oh, the Foundation also plans to repair the 20 patrol cars that were "damaged" during the "protests".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/e...-as-sick-outs-continue/ar-BB15I7yE?li=BBnb7Kz

13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yep. Exactly. We'll all be expected to comply, obey and atone for any wrongdoings. Past and present. Even by association.

However, for this particular situation, it will be interesting to see if there ends up being more to the story. Will she try to sue? Will anyone else speak out, for or against her? Did they have cause to fire her for "other reasons"?

14. Morgotha

It's an insurance company, not a one-person newspaper stand. I'm sure they had HR come up with a "valid" reason for firing her. They aren't going to come out and say, "this is a statement about your son". LOL, the terrible part would be if this WAS unrelated to the shooting as no one would believe them.

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

True, but it doesn't matter if people believe that it's unrelated or not. Aside from a lawsuit, how much backlash is this company going to face? Probably little to none. If they do face backlash, I will be very surprised.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Morgotha

A woman who hid in the bathroom while her bakery was looted during the riots is now being threatened for helping the police try to find the people responsible. Yep, that's what a country without law and order looks like.

"
    An Ohio business owner told “Fox & Friends” on Monday that she is receiving threats for cooperating with law enforcement officials investigating the looting of her cupcake store last month.

Kelly Kandah, the owner of Colossal Cupcakes in Cleveland, which was destroyed by looters, said some of those threats include people telling her that when her store is rebuilt, “it’s going to get hit again.”

She said she also received complaints that her cooperation with investigators is “unfair,” that she shouldn’t be cooperating with the FBI and that what she is doing is “against the cause, which I'm actually absolutely for the cause, but it's upsetting people that I would involve the police over something such as property.”

Kandah said her store was ransacked while she and four employees were hiding inside a locked bathroom of the store on May 30 during protests over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody. She said police saved her life that day."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cleve...ooperating-with-police-after-store-was-looted

17. Morgotha

This kind of shows the twisty roads we're walking down. Adam Schiff is pulling his endorsement of the LA District Attorney - who is the first black woman to ever hold the post. Why? She's potentially toxic as her husband pulled a gun on a bunch of BLM protestors at their house.

So... being a black woman isn't black enough for Schiff?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sc...s-angeles-da-in-wake-of-george-floyd-protests

18. Morgotha

19. Morgotha

Apparently *Gandhi* 's statues need to be removed for his racism as well.

"
    A British city has put a halt to an online campaign demanding the removal of a statue of Mahatma Gandhi, with its mayor announcing the monument was safe.

Sir Peter Soulsby, the mayor of Leicester, responded to a Change.org petition calling for the removal of Gandhi’s statue. The petition, which has gathered over 6,000 signatures, called the famous non-violent protester a “fascist, racist and sexual predator.”

A similar push in Manchester called for a Gandhi statue’s removal due to his “well-documented anti-black racism,” according to the BBC."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gandhi-statue-united-kingdom-mayor-safe

20. Morgotha

This is something. The woman that torched the Wendy's where Mr. Brooks was shot by police? The suspect sounds like his girlfriend. :eek:

I believe in "stand by your man" and all, but arson? What did Wendy's do?

"The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department announced on Twitter that investigators issued a warrant for Natalie White as a suspect in the arson fire at the Wendy's earlier this month. The blaze occurred on June 13, the day after a police officer shot and killed Brooks in the parking lot."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=wendy...s=n&sk=&cvid=459462cd670d4f05b7441eb2b4f8d09e