Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 current racial troubles

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

2. Morgotha

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

There was already some bad blood between Westchester County and NYC as indicated in the article below:

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/lo...s-westchester-poaching-nypd-officer/80631390/

As to the cited articles, they’re worried that their officers might be held responsible for barred holds if they apprehend their suspects within the city’s borders. This is gonna be interesting. Got your popcorn ready?

4. Morgotha

I kind of figured Westchester was some little burg that didn't make a difference to the city's police numbers anyway, as opposed to the state police that probably do.

I do agree with their decision, though. If some man is violent and fighting it seems reasonable to me that someone might have to sit on him to get handcuffs put on. They aren't going to always have 10 cops per suspect on hand to subdue someone who doesn't want to be subdued. If that is considered a *violation* by the police that the suspect can then turn around and have the cop disciplined for and sued? That just sounds crazy, you're punishing people for doing their jobs! Good luck with that.

5. purriwinkle

Westchester is no little burg. Since I don't live downstate myself, I looked up some of the stats. First off here is it's location in relationship to NYC and it's boroughs.

[​IMG]

Now for a closer look at what's included in WestChester county itself.

[​IMG]

According to the US census (July 1, 2019) the estimated population is 967,506.

There are a shit load of notable people who live in Westchester County including your friends, lol, in White Plains.

I am no expert by any means on down state geography or what the hot button topics are down state, but it looks like the two areas abut. I don't know how the various police departments have handled matters in the past but they'll have to figure things out, I imagine, since they're in such close proximity. Currently, things are a little dicey but it'll get sorted. Maybe the governor will have to get involved.

#125 purriwinkle, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

I really can't believe the idiocy of some of these mayors. The mayor of Portland went to meet with "protestors" and they don't want him as mayor and told him to resign. His security detail ended up having to fight to get him out safely and yet he STILL doesn't want to defend his city against these people, and doesn't want the Feds doing so either. Portland also passed a law *forbidding their police from working with Federal law enforcement!* It blows my mind that normal people would want to live in a city like that. I just don't get it.

I guess it's easy to say "no police" when you have a squadron of personal security agents around you guarding your safety.

"
    A riot was declared in Portland just after midnight Thursday morning after Mayor Ted Wheeler’s tense visit with protesters-- where he was booed, told to resign, given a list of demands and tear-gassed by federal agents.

His visit ended with his security detail engaging in a struggle with protesters late Wednesday night as they worked to get the mayor to safety, a report said.

Earlier, he moved with protesters to the fence outside of the federal courthouse where he stood at the front and was tear-gassed along with the crowd, according to New York Times correspondent Mike Baker.

Wheeler called the tear-gassing an "egregious overreaction," telling Baker he didn't see anything in the crowd that warranted the reaction by federal officers.

"This is not a de-escalation strategy," he said. "This is flat-out urban warfare and it's being brought on this country by the president and it's got to stop now.""

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland...ffles-with-protesters-after-listening-session

7. Morgotha

Another serious dirtbag. BTW, dirtbag, your statement doesn't exactly endear me to the BLM movement.

"
    An Ohio man who was out on parole has been thrown in jail and awaits new felony charges after a photo circulated on social media showing him posing with his knee to the neck of a crying, White 2-year-old boy alongside a message referencing Black Lives Matter.

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office first became aware of the photo circulating social media on Tuesday and appears to be a direct reference to the former Minnesota cop, Derek Chauvin, who leaned on the neck of George Floyd before he died, sparking months of protests and unrest across the U.S.

The photo shows a man, who has since been identified as 20-year-old Isaiah Jackson, with his knee on the neck of a crying white toddler who is only wearing a diaper. Another person holds the child’s hands behind his back. The banner across the photo read: “Blm now mf."

Patrol units were able to determine the location where the incident took place and made contact with both the mother and the child, as well as the male subject seen kneeling in the image, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office said in an update on Facebook Thursday. The relationship between Jackson and the child's mother is unknown."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/viral-photo-kneeling-white-baby-neck-black-lives-matter-arrest

8. purriwinkle

Just goes to show there are A-holes on both sides of this issue. Just like that ridiculous poem, whatever point you were trying to make is now overshadowed by the violence. It seems everyone is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. In the article it said the police didn’t know the relationship between Jackson and the child’s mother. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if it turns out they know each other quite well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Morgotha

Yep. Since the man wasn't arrested for kidnapping the child I'm assuming he and his mother are "close".

10. Morgotha

Barr tells a truth that some don't want to hear at his Congressional hearing:

"
    (regarding George Floyd) "I think it would be an oversimplification to treat the problem as rooted in some deep-seated racism generally infecting our police departments," Barr said. "It seems far more likely that the problem stems from a complex mix of factors, which can be addressed with focused attention over time."

Barr also cited so-called Black-on-Black crimes.

"The threat to Black lives posed by crime on the streets is massively greater than any threat posed by police misconduct," Barr said. "The leading cause of death for young Black males is homicide. Every year approximately 7,500 Black Americans are victims of homicide, and the vast majority of them – around 90% – are killed by other Blacks, mainly by gunfire. Each of those lives matter.""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ortland-politicization/ar-BB17hO7q?li=BBnb7Kz

11. purriwinkle

That’s his justification for his actions? Baloney. His testimony was pure obfuscation and deflection, IMO.

12. Morgotha

For me personally? I couldn't care less. Once these rioters started torching cars and buildings, throwing rocks at police, etc., they lost any support they might have had from me. Our Constitution guarantees the right to *peacefully* protest, not to riot and turn America in to Falluja.

After 60 days of rioting in Portland, I'd go so far as to let the police start using live ammunition and mowing down rioters once and for all. If it's unsafe to even go in to town, what's the point?

13. purriwinkle

If by town you mean the block surrounding the courthouse, stay away from there if it’s too violent but I’m sure the rest of Portland is as safe as any large city.

14. Morgotha

I should have to stay away from a *courthouse* as its too unsafe? Here that would mean I couldn't access the DMV or a host of other government offices. Anti-government rioters should be stopped, not allowed to disrupt American life with the tacit support of the local government.

15. purriwinkle

Hmmmm.....the DMV in my city are not located anywhere near the courthouse. Same with other gov.agencies. They seem to have separate locations here. Is that not how it is in Portland?

16. Morgotha

You got me. I can only say that where I live the courthouse has "the courts" in part of the building and the rest of it is for other government offices. It's kind of irrelevant, though. Violent rioters shouldn't be allowed to shut down government offices, regardless, even if it is "only" the courts that are affected.

17. purriwinkle

In theory, I understand your point, but currently in many cities, depending on the numbers, corona virus has disrupted the normal activities of many gov agencies with many more “transactions” being conducted on line and the actual buildings closed to the public. In practice, probably the perfect time to protest outside a courthouse.

18. Morgotha

I have no problem with people *protesting* outside a courthouse, even if, for example, that means getting a large number of people to walk around in circles around it, shouting slogans, etc., and disrupting its normal functioning. That's *protesting*.

Trying to burn a building to the ground, defacing and destroying public property, etc., is NOT protesting, it's rioting. People do NOT have the right to riot.

#138 Morgotha, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  19. Morgotha

It looks like the Gov. of Oregon has reached a deal with the Feds whereby the State will actually start protecting Federal property and the Feds will leave. Sounds good to me, it's about time the State did its job. It's too bad the city council won't do the same.

"
    Oregon's Democratic Gov. Kate Brown said Wednesday that federal agents who have clashed with protesters in Portland will begin a “phased withdrawal” from Oregon's largest city's downtown area starting on Thursday.

Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said in a statement that he and Brown have been in contact over the past 24 hours and reached a joint plan to end "the violent activity in Portland directed at federal properties and law enforcement officers.”

“That plan includes the robust presence of Oregon State Police in downtown Portland,” Wolf explained. “State and local law enforcement will begin securing properties and streets, especially those surrounding federal properties, that have been under nightly attack for the past two months. Oregon State Police will coordinate with Federal Protective Service (FPS) officers to ensure all federal facilities remained protected and secure."

The Portland Police Bureau was banned from cooperating with federal law enforcement officers last week under new policies unanimously passed by City Council, The Oregonian reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/federal-agents-leave-portland-oregon

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It's gotten pretty bad in the downtown area where the fed buildings are out. It's not quite a war-zone, but it's pretty trashed and it is not safe to be down there at night.

• Like Like x 1