Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Well no. He made 1,000 gaffes and lied 20,000 times trying to cover them but he also lied to perpetuate some myth unrelated to gaffes many times. Im not trying to justify anything Biden said. Im saying its not clear what he even meant. The fact that we all know what trumpian exaggeration means is a result of us hearing it so often. There is a difference between exaggeration and fabrication. He has done plenty of both. Im waiting to see which Biden leans towards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DeadZedHead

So the guy that is currently attacking members of his own party and announced plans to stay involved in politics isn’t TRYING to stay relevant. I would have loved for him to go back to being a corrupt businessman. He insists on being a corrupt politician. Im not driving that. He’s behind the wheel. Tell him to pull over and ill get off the bus.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The trouble with Biden is that NO ONE, not even Biden, knows what Biden meant. Encroaching dementia might be too harsh a term... but otoh, a man that can't tell his wife from his sister isn't in the best shape anymore. And yes, I know it's a setup for a joke about "those" states where his wife actually is his sister, etc., but that's really not the point.

4. Morgotha

How do you know he's attacking members of his own party? Why would you care? Quit reporting it and he'll be like every other crank on the internet and not a public figure any more.

5. DeadZedHead

Ya I have a feeling he is going to give Carter a run for his money in regards to ridiculous quotes. Especially with us having the ability to makes memes instantly. But least he can differentiate his daughter from his potential mistresses. Thats something trump had trouble with for decades. No gaffes, just gross.

6. DeadZedHead

Be...cause... he’s... releasing statements ... and telling us he’s doing so.... and JR is telling us so and Fox news is telling us so, not just CNN. He was a public figure before he ran for president and he has shown that he intends to continue being a public figure. He has INSISTED that we don’t ignore him.

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Dementia? I bet he can repeat , “person, man, woman, camera, TV” and we all know per our former president that very few people can do that. So no dementia there, lol

8. Morgotha

Biden's people are trying to claim credit for work opposing Russia that Trump and his people did. At least *one* reporter had the courage to call them on it.
    "
    At Monday’s press conference, Price seemed to suggest that the Biden administration’s efforts had led to the development on Nord Stream 2. The aforementioned entities have wound down their activities in the pipeline project, Price said, and demonstrated that Biden and Congress’s strategy have been "working to good effect."

Associated Press reporter Matt Lee piped in, telling Price that all of this work had begun under the Trump administration.

"You guys have only been in office for a month, right? Are you telling me that in the last four weeks these 18 companies all of the sudden decided to say, ‘Oh my God! We better not doing anything with Nord Stream 2," Lee said. "You guys are taking credit for stuff the previous administration did. Yes or no?"

Price, noticeably flustered, said he was merely speaking on behalf of the State Department – occupied by the same people since before Biden took office."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/st...iden-admin-taking-credit-trump-accomplishment

9. Morgotha

10. Morgotha

California doesn't have the money or facilities to provide reliable power to their citizens in the Southern part of the state, but they DO have enough money to give stimulus payments to illegal aliens - in some cases giving more money to illegals than to poor citizens of their state. For example, if you are a citizen and make less than 30k a year, you get $600. If you are an illegal alien using a TIN instead of an SSN? You receive $1200!

And one wonders why people in Calif. might be upset with Newsom...

"
    The stimulus checks target fewer people than the federal stimulus payments last year. About $2.3 billion will go to those who claim and receive the California earned income tax credit. In general, that’s people who earn $30,000 a year or less.

Another $470 million will go to people who earn a maximum of $75,000 per year after deductions and use an individual taxpayer identification number to file their income taxes. These are mostly people who don’t have Social Security numbers, including immigrants.

Some people fit both of those categories. In those cases, they will get $1,200, not $600. The Democratic-controlled state Legislature did this because most people who file their taxes this way are immigrants who were not eligible for federal stimulus checks Congress approved last year.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-oks-600-stimulus-payments-for-5-7m-people

11. DeadZedHead

So it sounds like he immediately gave credit where do. To the state department. He didn’t pretend it was Biden, saying it was the same people who carried over. Hardly a gotcha moment. He clarified his response.

12. DeadZedHead

The facility is the same. The policy isn’t. The article says it for kids 13-17. trumps policy was “No child too young” and specifically punitive. Separating families was the intention.

13. DeadZedHead

It doesn’t say illegal aliens. It says immigrants. Not all immigrants are instantly given citizenship and an SSN. People on visas or involved in the citizenship process are given a TIN. They are contributing to taxes. Im sure there are some illegals using a TIN but thats not its intention.

14. Morgotha

You really don't see this as a deliberate attempt at changing your perception and views of this facility? Going from referring to putting children in cages to a migrant welfare facility? C'mon, man!

15. Morgotha

No, he immediately gave credit to "Biden and Congress". He immediately *recanted* when called out for doing so.

#2695 Morgotha, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  16. Morgotha

Please. You know as well as I do that there has been a concerted push to relabel "illegal aliens" as "undocumented immigrants" going on for years. Unless the article specifically states "LEGAL immigrants" you can assume they are using an euphemism for illegal aliens.

17. DeadZedHead

I do see this an attempt to change perception. Kind of like changing the name on the building from Taco Bell to Wendys. They are still serving food but clearly not the same food. It was a migrant facility before trump and it still is. Treatment and policy are not the same.

18. DeadZedHead

Yes there is an effort to change the common term. But no, not all immigrants are illegal and we can’t assume so. I know plenty of noncitizen legal residents and not all of them are from Mexico. They would like to become citizens but the process takes YEARS!! So they work and pay taxes just like born and breads.

19. DeadZedHead

Im sorry. I meant was when asked if he was crediting Biden when trump began policies in regards to this, he first flummoxed then clarified that he should have credited the state department specifically as they are carry overs from trumps administration. Are any of those involved carry overs from Obama? That would make it Obama’s success instead of trumps wouldn’t it. Lol. My point is that when questioned, he didn’t try to twist the facts to steal the credit or pretend he never said it the way Sanders and Conway often did. This demonstrates the difference between a gaffe and a lie.

20. Morgotha

I don't get what you're trying to say. The facility and the staff that run it are the same. I don't think there's ANY difference in the day to day running of the facility, the difference is what happens to everyone who's NOT in the facility. Under Trump they were in Mexico supporting themselves, Under Biden they were be here being supported by the taxpayer.