Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I've got NO problems with anyone who came to America legally and is trying to become a citizen. That's what the country was built on. I DO have a problem with illegal aliens taking from the country when it suits them.

2. Morgotha

.... I wouldn't give him credit for being honest, not really. What exactly did he do? First he gave credit to Biden - NOT to the workers at the state dept who worked under him. When called out on that he gave credit to the workers at the state dept, -- but noticeably did NOT give credit to Trump!

If he thought the workers were responsible, he shouldn't have credited Biden, and if he thought the President was responsible, he should have credited Trump. That he didn't do either of those things means he was trying to praise Biden and slam Trump - and on *that* score he was successful, so much so people didn't even realize that even in getting caught and "losing", he still won. These politicians are *pros* at deceiving people and slanting things. That's what they do for a living.

3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I get that. His job is to play up the current administration. He got caught giving credit to the wrong Pres. If he was intentionally trying to trick us, i think he would have had an excuse ready. I think he was going off his bullet points and got fact checked. If they start coming up with excuses as to it actually being Biden’s victory even though we know its not, thats when it turns into lies. They are going to be occasionally wrong. How they correct the mistakes is what will separate them from the previous administration the same way trump, Sanders and Conway separated themselves from Obama’s administration with the way they handled being fact checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Morgotha

My point is he was still effective at being "on message" even after being fact-checked.

5. DeadZedHead

Kind of his job. Not really scandalous.

6. Morgotha

The job of a *State Dept.* official is misleading the public:eek:? Our idea of a government of, by, and for The People is very different, it seems.

7. DeadZedHead

If we go by the last four years, then I guess so.

8. Morgotha

This isn't four years ago, four years ago is gone. This is now.

9. DeadZedHead

The last four years ended just a month ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Morgotha

You should ask Tiger Woods about the difference between a month ago and today. Done is done.

11. DeadZedHead

Nov 3 and Jan 6 was two months. Done appears to be relative.

12. Morgotha

It is. At the end of the day though, done is done.

13. Morgotha

Ol' Biden picked another looney tune. Rachel Leivne is his nominee for assistant secretary of health and is trangender. She flat out refused to answer Rand Paul's question (when asked more than once) if the government should step in if minors try to surgically change their gender, for example.

Children are called children for a reason, they shouldn't be able to make that sort of decision. Apparently, though, it's a-ok with the Biden Administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...t-confirmation-hearing/ar-BB1e1eQM?li=BBnb7Kz

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Unless “children” can pay their own doctor and hospital fees, I would assume it would be the parents who make any final decisions about sex reassignment surgery. From the following article:

Gender reassignment surgery is widely restricted to adults over the age of 18.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/child-gender-
    reassignment-rights-prevalence-world/

Politifacts backs up my assertion that parental consent is needed. This is basically conservative hysteria.

From the article:
    Other, interventions like hormone therapy (partially reversible) or surgery (irreversible) won’t be considered until a patient reaches adolescence.

Even then, the Standards of Care stress that certain procedures should not be performed until a patient is old enough to consent on their own (typically 16-18 years old) and others should occur only once a person has received other treatments for a specific
    time period.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...oes-law-say-about-children-and-sex-reassignm/

Leave it to Rand Paul to try and stir up controversy where none particularly exists. I think he objects mainly to Rachel Levine as an individual. The rest is a big pile of BS that the gov. isn’t necessarily going to want to step in.

15. Morgotha

I don't think the parents should have the right to surgically mutilate their children either. Let the child do that for themselves when they are an adult if they want to.

16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t think we have a rash of parents rushing their children into sex reassignment surgery even if they found a doctor who consented to do it, since as stated above, that doesn’t seem to be the medical standard of care.

“Even then, the Standards of Care stress that certain procedures should not be performed until a patient is old enough to consent on their own (typically 16-18 years old) and others should occur only once a person has received other treatments for a specific
    time period.”

#2716 purriwinkle, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  17. DeadZedHead

He was citing a clinic in England. Last time I checked, we had a falling out with England and separated our laws a few centuries ago. Nasty spat and everything. He was trying to conflate being a minor with being a three year old in another country. In his line of questioning, all minors are the same. Levine tried to explain this the issue isn’t black and white and she would be happy to explain her stance on this complex and nuanced issue. Clearly he doesn’t want to be in the same room as her. He wanted her to say there is no possible scenario where a minor of any age would be allowed to begin a transition of any kind. He was also trying to conflate any hormone therapy with genital mutilation. We perform circumcisions on babies and 13 yr olds every day in this country. So parents can make choices on life long elective surgeries. True to form, he tried to mansplain gender reassignment to a person who has gone through gender reassignment. Just like when he tried to mansplain viruses to Fauci.

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Tell that to the Q followers who believe Trump will be inaugurated on March 4.

19. Morgotha

It's not just that, it's also the female genital mutilation performed by some of the Muslim immigrants out there. A nice prison term for some of these "providers" and a strong statement by the government would be a lot better than basically saying we agree with what these people want to do to someone who can't say "no".

20. Morgotha

First it was half the country who were Trumpers, then it was, what, the "Oath Keepers"? Now it's the Qanon people? LOL, it seems like it's getting harder and harder for you to find bogeymen to wave in front of people. That should tell you its done.