Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I feel like im in the twilight zone. I keep saying its a terrible number to use. Average is slightly better but still only.. well.. an average.
    Jessie Jackson’s quote is a powerful statement. For him to feel more secure seeing white people rather than fellow black people is sad even to him. Yes it is still racism. Judging any group as a whole, including your own, is the definition of racism. You may see that as justification. I see that an ingrained propensity to group people together to the detriment of homogeneousation. As long as well see each other as fundamentally different, we will continue to be. Recognizing skinheads displaying particular behavior is not the same as seeing all white people and thinking they’re skinheads. Behavior vs skin color.
    You mistook my statement. I wasn’t lumping all white people together. I disagree with doing so. I simply pointed out that you weren’t applying the same standard. “If you are perceived as something, you must have earned it”. I never said the stereotype was accurate or valid. Just that it IS a stereotype. I don’t think all or most whites are racist. When you know who got elected, he espoused and reinforced white supremecist talking points. Normalizing language that took a long time to ostracize. He even went so far as to redefine white nationalism to trick people into thinking that THEY were white nationalists and its ok. He and. fox news continue to perpetuate and popularize WS ideals. They are trying to disguise them to make them more palatable to those who aren’t even aware of any implications of these comments. Just like the article that sparked this conversation was completely based in multiple WS tropes trying to convince you that not only are minorities not suffering racism but whites are. For an article claiming racism isnt real, it actually purports that whites are victims of racism. You are aware of this because thats how you presented it in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

On the skinhead, how do you KNOW they aren't "skinheads for Jesus" or something? You don't. You assume from their appearance and their cr@ppy music that they are more likely to be bad people. You are *discriminating* against them based on their appearance!

Whites can be victims of racism just like blacks or asians or anyone else. Remember in Portland where white people weren't allowed to drive down a street because they were white? What is that if not racism?

LOL, and I can't believe you're still hung up on Trump:rolleyes::D

3. DeadZedHead

On the skinheads, im not saying they were skinheads. I said you can look at behavior, dress, language and make an assumption. That doesn’t make the assumption right. That’s different than looking at all whites and thinking they are Skinheads or racists without any indicators. White does not equal racist. But if a white person displays characteristics, uses language or perpetuates racist ideas, automatically disregarding the evidence because not all whites are racist isn’t accurate either. I absolutely agree that white people can suffer from racism and that minorities can perpetrate racism. There are no automatics either way. Ignoring or justifying either is wrong. Admit and correct. Thats the only way to move forward.

P.S. as long as trumps effects are relevant, ill be bothered by it.

4. Morgotha

LOL, looking at behavior and dress and making assumptions - yeah, that's racism. Don't believe me? Make the person who is looking white and the person being looked at be black. If the white person thought the black person was possibly trouble based on what they were wearing? That would 100% be called racism. Just so, by you making assumptions about white people because of how they are dressed? That's racism.

[​IMG]

On Trump, he's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he? ;):D

5. DeadZedHead

Like Herpes. At least there is a cure for trump. Keep him off Twitter and return sanity to the Republican party.

I wasn’t saying use one indicator. You have to take it as a whole. If you saw a few white teens with beer bottles on the street corner, pants sagging and smoking pot, you can assume they are about to start trouble (still doesn’t make it accurate). You wouldn’t assume they were black. If you saw some black teens in the same situation and assumed they were up to no good, that wouldn’t be racist, but it wouldn’t necessarily be accurate either. If you a couple black guys just standing on the corner talking and you assumed they were up to no good, that COULD be racist. Basically if you put them in the same category as the other two groups just because they are black, the issues of racism arise. The way police respond to calls show that there is a difference in how they approach these three groups. They view people of color as more of a threat and make greater attempts to deescalate encounters with white suspects.

6. Morgotha

That might be reasonable. Look at the FBI table below, keep the relative populations of each group in mind and tell me - if you were a police officer - which group would you believe to be the most likely to commit a violent crime? If one group appeared clearly more violent than the others, like you say, it may or may not be accurate, but it wouldn't be racist to be more wary around them, would it?

I don't think police officers should act in a racist manner, but OTOH, if young men commit violent crimes most often, I wouldn't be offended if they were more wary approaching a group of young men than a group of old ladies in a nursing home.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/tables/table-43

7. Morgotha

Another article on how businesses can't find workers to reopen with. This was even on the Today show this morning where vacation site business owners were complaining that they couldn't find workers as people made MORE money staying at home getting covid welfare than they would make actually working! Time to stop that, apparently.

"https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/april-jobs-report-2021-coronavirus-pandemic"

8. DeadZedHead

I agree. You’ll notice that they didn’t uses the median crime percentages. Lol. This chart while not perfect gives a pretty good snapshot of how police might view potential encounters. The problem is that if they give one group more of an opportunity to walk away, they more often will. If they decide that one will become a problem and treat them that way, they more often will. Self fulfilling prophecy. They obviously need to protect themselves. But if thats their concern, wouldn’t deescalating the riskier encounters make more sense?

9. Morgotha

They don't use the median here because it's not an appropriate statistic to use. You either commit a crime or you don't, it's not like there's a 1 to 100 scale you put crimes into.

I agree that this could be a self-fulfilling prophesy if the the actions of the police are making the suspects more violent - but are they? Are the police treating races differently because of their preconceived notions of them, or are they treating them differently because the criminals from various races are *acting* differently when they are interacting with police? I don't know the answer to that.

A funny scene on assumptions, the police, and racism:

#2989 Morgotha, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
  10. DeadZedHead

If both sides are expecting conflict, they are going to have it.

Lol, someone in the background said “See if they have kool aid”.

11. Morgotha

I wonder if the left will ever wake up to the craziness they unleashed on the country. Or maybe they're wide awake and this is what they want. In any event, to all you birthing people out there, "happy birthing people's day!"

"
    However, Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., and pro-choice group NARAL have emphasized the term "birthing people" in recent days.

"Every day, Black birthing people and our babies die because our doctors don’t believe our pain. My children almost became a statistic. I almost became a statistic. I testified about my experience @OversightDems today. Hear us. Believe us. Because for so long, nobody has," Bush wrote on Twitter on Thursday.

"When we talk about birthing people, we're being inclusive. It's that simple. We use gender neutral language when talking about pregnancy, because it's not just cis-gender women that can get pregnant and give birth. Reproductive freedom is for *every* body," NARAL posted on its official Twitter account on the same day.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, mocked the phrase on Mother's Day.

"Happy Birthing People's Day!" he wrote on Twitter alongside a graphic showing the word "Mother's" erased and replaced with "Birthing People's.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mothers-day-birthing-people-democrats-pelosi-cori-bush

12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I hope you had a pleasant “Birthing People Day”.

[​IMG]

I wonder what they’ll come up with for Fathers Day? Lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Morgotha

The way society's going they'll probably merge it with Arbor Day.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Etsy emailed me today that they realize some people might think emails talking about Father's Day might be upsetting, so provided me a way to opt out if I so chose.

I was like, WTF?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Sp*rm donor day

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. DeadZedHead

#Happyseedingday

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Morgotha

Why does our left wing media seem to favor the Palestinians over Israel? This might be a clue.

"
    Social media users are demanding CNN respond after discovering that one of their freelance contributors, Adeel Raja, who has written dozens of pieces for the outlet, wrote in a now-deleted tweet that "the world today needs a Hitler." After some digging, it turned out to be one of several messages Raja has posted praising the Nazi leader.

"The only reason I am supporting Germany in the finals - Hitler was a German and he did good with those Jews!" Raja wrote during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Raja last had a CNN byline on Sept. 16, 2020. He still lists his affiliation with the network on LinkedIn.

"Hail Hitler!" he wrote the following day. Twitter users shared screenshots of the messages."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-adeel-raja-says-world-today-needs-a-hitler

• Like Like x 1
  18. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/AYm79XfKQRDqzpcCzFMWoFw

Protests erupted after attempts were made to evict a number of Palestinians from their homes in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah. Those specific evictions have been paused by Israel's Supreme Court, but they're part of a long-term campaign supported by the Israeli government to move Jewish settlers into Palestinian neighborhoods in the disputed area of east Jerusalem, which was occupied after the 1967 war and later annexed by Israel in a move that has not been recognized by the international community.
    There were also restrictions imposed on Palestinians during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which ended on Wednesday. For years, Israeli-Arabs and Palestinians have gathered at the Damascus Gate entrance to Jerusalem's Old City to celebrate during Ramadan. This year, Israeli police erected barricades in the area and restricted the number of people permitted to enter.
    After a series of protests the barricades were removed, but then Israeli police stormed the area around the Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as the Temple Mount, one of the holiest sites in Islam and Judaism, currently managed by an Islamic endowment called the Waqf. Muslims are allowed to pray there, but Jews and Christians are not. The Israeli police said they were responding to Israeli Arabs having gathered stones to use in a later riot. Palestinian witnesses said fighting began after police entered the compound and fired tear gas, stun grenades and rubber bullets.

Conservatives lost their minds when they were told not to sing in church. The Palestinians were shot with rubber bullets and tear gas.

19. Morgotha

WHY were the people evicted? These people weren't evicted from a large swath of land, but apparently individuals being evicted in a neighborhood. That sounds to me like they were people who didn't pay their bills (or taxes). Rather than spend the money on buying rockets, Hamas likely could have prevented this whole crisis by paying off these people's debts themselves and letting them continue to live in their houses on Hamas' dime. LOL, they don't want to do that though, do they?

On the Israeli police, they have PLENTY of experience with responding to riots. Here they thought they could prevent one when it was quite clear to them people were loading up ammunition for a riot. What should they have done? Let the rioters get fully prepared and attack Israel? Kind of a no-win situation for the police here, but not really their fault. Blame the people gathering rocks and intending to riot.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/how-evictions-jerusalem-led-israeli-palestinian-violence

The Israeli courts ruled that the Palestinians who legally owned the property weren't paying rent to the Israelis who USED to own the property before the establishment of the state of Israel back in 1948. That's why they were 'evicted'.

Along with multiple provocations by the Israeli military, police and government designed to end in riots specifically so they could 'crack down' on militants.