Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yes, or better yet, why didn’t they take it with them as they retreated? The only thing I can think of is they left it for the Afghan army to use as they continued the fight, but we know how that turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

Yeah, yeah they have a lot of nerve. If they thought it was such a bad idea, why didn’t they keep their own troops in to continue the fight? Turns out they withdrew before we did. No one said they had to go. Were we the only ones willing to prop up that sham government?

https://apnews.com/article/europe-a...rus-pandemic-9c1c4f5732c032ba85865aab0338a7a3

#3442 purriwinkle, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. purriwinkle

I certainly wouldn’t have but if a treaty was signed by the former administration maybe we were bound by it. I don’t know. Apparently the political winds had shifted concerning the war. I heard a commentator say there were those in both parties who favored the withdrawal. Give it some time. With the nations political ADHD this too will pass.

4. purriwinkle

Lesson learned? Don’t do anything or work anywhere that would get your finger prints on file. Hesitate when it comes to retinal scans. Fly under the radar so to speak, to the extent possible, cause you never know how the information will be used. That goes for everyone, right or left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Except there was no treaty. trump didn’t include the Afghan government in the negotiations. Even he has no clue what the agreement was or who it was with but everyone can agree it was with a terrorist organization that has never kept its word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. purriwinkle

Except that it was a “great agreement”, lol. Like I said, I don’t know. I think I would have handled things differently but I’m not in the government or military. If withdrawal was eminent, I would have at least taken my time and proceeded a bit differently but then I’m just an arm chair quarterback.

We’re gone now. Let’s see how phase two works. If the money from foreign governments dries up, maybe the Taliban will be a bit more amendable to keeping their side of whatever F**ked up agreement was had. I do feel bad that people will lose their lives but I think we may have evacuated more people here than we did in Hanoi.

7. DeadZedHead

I have never let Biden off the hook. He made a terrible decision... to continue with the withdrawal that trump negotiated with terrorists. He is President and isn’t blaming trump. He is taking responsibility like I mentioned before. Like Obama, trump claimed he would bring troops home on the campaign trail. He had 4 years and only did so AFTER he lost re-election and didn’t have to deal with the consequences. Biden botched the withdrawal. Thats on him. The “Great deal” with terrorists that predictably reneged on their agreement, that lands squarely on the guy that made THAT agreement. trump is one who constantly blamed the previous administration. Funny how being the current President didn’t matter then. Foreign nations are looking at our leaders decisions. Thats how it’s supposed to work. They blame the guy in charge NOW and call on him to do something NOW. They are not looking to the guy who botched everything he touched to fix the mess he made, now that he is no longer in office. He didn’t fix things even when he WAS in office. Whats he going to do now.

8. DeadZedHead

The problem is that Biden also wanted to pull troops. There was no good way or time.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It always amazes me people give their DNA willingly to these "ancestry" websites. People aren't paranoid enough.

I don't think you can help your fingerprints being on file in that a lot of professions require that now, or at least require an FBI background check. Health care, schools, law enforcement... a lot of people get fingerprinted.

10. Morgotha

There was an article today on Biden that said basically that deadlines and timetables are his "thing". If he came up with a date, he would stick to it regardless of whether or not it made sense.

On Americans still in Afghanistan? If they were being held prisoner by some terrorists and couldn't leave, they have my sympathy and we should try and rescue them. If they were just there and had some "business" they didn't want to lose and now find themselves trapped? That's on them. Any American over there should have seen the planes leaving a month ago, dropped everything they had or were doing and went to the US embassy or some other American base and done everything they could to get OUT.

Now compared with Saigon? 50 years later? I'd hope we did better than last time. It was eerie how similar the two helicopter pictures were, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. purriwinkle

I never worked in a profession where that was necessary ……yet, lol but as you said, a lot of places require it. I’m thankful every day I’m retired.

12. Morgotha

I think it's really the awareness of child abusers, various criminals, etc., in the system that got rehired in an environment where they had access to their victims that caused various organizations to try and make sure no "bad apples" got in. Nowadays they even have CCD volunteers at church get fingerprinted and background checked as they work with children. Eh, it is what it is.

One thing you can take comfort in is that Hillary can't use fingerprint data to see if your organs are compatible with hers the way DNA can, so you're still likely safe in that regard.

13. Morgotha

LOL, it sounds like a case of "the last one at the table gets stuck with the check".

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. purriwinkle

oh, I should have clarified, it wasn’t the profession that kept me out of the fingerprint situation but where I chose to work. I always worked in private practice rather than large institutions like hospitals, universities, local government or schools. More flexibility with hours, locales, pay etc.

Pfft, if Ms. Clinton needs a kidney, and I’m compatible I might donate. Who knows, lol.

15. Morgotha

The type of group you work in makes a big difference, that's for sure.

If Mrs. Clinton needs a kidney, you'll donate BOTH of yours and be thankful for the privilege! Well... I mean you'd be thankful if you ever woke up again, which you wouldn't.

Sigh... you know, I really had somewhat of a dislike of Hillary, but I must say that after seeing the new pics of her and Bill at the seashore? I sort of feel *bad* about continuing to be upset at her. She somehow transitioned from being evil to pitiable without my noticing.

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

According to our Pentagon, every one of our military vehicles, tanks, planes, helicopters and weapons, has been made useless.
    The vehicles and such being shown on the news, was the stuff the Afghan military left behind when they ran away.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharpie61

If you see a video of a man hanging from a helicopter, please do not believe the rights version of what was happening.

The man was not someone being killed because he helped us .
    He actually was suspended from the helicopter so he could install a very large flag.

I saw the video. If you focus on the man, you can plainly see that he is hoisted around his arms/chest area.

The truth is out there

18. Sharpie61

I laugh at people who are worried about being tracked. Specially when they have smart phones, chipped bank cards, GPS cars, smart homes, and social media accounts.
    Heck, a person can be tracked by their land lines and snail mail. Right along with the garage they get rid of.

The truth is out there

19. Sharpie61

Only just over 7000 were evacuated in Siagon.
    They official number from Afghanistan is almost 120,000.
    The US did over just 5000 people, not counting our military.

Here’s the numbers by country

https://www.reuters.com/world/evacuations-afghanistan-by-country-2021-08-26/

The truth is out there

20. Sharpie61