Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I just reread it thinking i missed something. Nowhere does it say anything about US getting special pricing. Or anything about rump lowering prices. It just talked about how Biden isn’t bending over for Saudi whims. rump submitted to our enemies for no foreseeable benefit and Biden isnt. Saudis didn’t do us any favors. The article states that they followed supply and demand. It knocks Biden for pausing (new) oil leases on federal land and nixing the pipeline. Neither of which factor in to Saudis forgoing production increases. The whole thing read like it was borrowed from Fox. Im surprised they didn’t blame immigrants. All that American gas they are putting in their dirty lawn mowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Morgotha

It did, actually. Trump got a first time ever agreement between the Jews and several arab nations. He was also on good terms with the Saudis and they opened the taps. Now Biden comes in and is harshly critical of the Saudis and their crown prince specifically (who is said to be running things) and lo and behold, oil is held back and prices shoot up. Then people look at domestic production and see an anti-oil platform and EO's so the prospect of future oil growth in America looks bleak, which again causes higher prices as some of today's price is speculation on what the projected price is tomorrow. Seems reasonably cause and effect to me.

4. Morgotha

Sen. Tom Cotton had a few choice words for AG Garland:

""That letter and those reports were the basis for your directive. This is shameful. Judge, this is shameful. This testimony, your directive, your performance is shameful. Thank God you are not on the Supreme Court. You should resign in disgrace, judge."

LOL! When is Cotton going to run for President? Or how about as VP with Nikki Haley for President? Heck, I'd even go for Cotton for Pres and Haley for VP. What a dream team!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/to...ny-thank-god-you-are-not-on-the-supreme-court

• Like Like x 1
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Cotton is a grand stander. What about Florida and Texas governors who threaten schools with all sorts of punitive action because they want to implement mask mandates. This is BS. Besides, talking about lunatics have you seen the way some of those parents behave at school board meetings?

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

We have one here, that actually has to have cops sitting outside her home, because of the threats. Those “concerned parents”, are physically threatening her and her children.

The truth is out there

7. Morgotha

He may be a grand stander but he did serve his country and earned a bronze star (in Afghanistan, I think) so I'm willing to cut him, like anyone who risks their life in service to their country, a bit of slack. I do believe he's really concerned for our country though which is what appeals to me.

Sure, some parents are nuts, but the school board officials are well paid to deal with the public, that's their job, just like with the police. Perhaps if they spent more time actually *listening* to the public they are supposed to serve and taking their views in to account instead of trying to ram things down their throats they don't want the officials would have less of an adversarial relationship with the parents in their districts.

8. Morgotha

That is criminal activity on the part of the parents and should be punished. BTW, do you know what the issues are that are getting the parents so upset?

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Mandatory masks in Brevard county

The truth is out there

10. Morgotha

:rolleyes: More mask idiots.

LOL! I can at least enjoy the irony, though. For years the schools have been dumbing down the curriculum and focusing on social indoctrination rather than teaching children to think. Now it's coming back to bite them. In a way it's fitting.

11. Morgotha

More on the school thing. I can understand why parents are getting upset, given what is going on out there. From this morning, two events: the first is where a school board member took a group of elementary school students to a gay bar on a field trip, and the second is from a school board president who said, "F you" to a parent who was opposing mask mandates. Neither of these behaviors is appropriate from a public servant. I can understand why parents are getting upset, and doubly so when they are told by the State that they have no place criticizing their curriculum or their representatives - and in fact are *domestic terrorists* for doing so!

"
    A Florida school board member chaperoned a group of elementary school children on a field trip to a gay bar, according to photos of the trip she posted to social media.

"I was SO honored to be invited to chaperone Wilton Manors Elementary’s field trip to the incredible Rosie’s! The students and I had a fun walk over and learned a lot about our community! A huge thank you to Rosie's Bar and Grill for hosting this special field trip every year!," Broward County School Board member Sarah Leonardi posted on her official school board Facebook page Wednesday.

The post, which was examined by Fox News Thursday morning, shows photos of children in a popular Florida gay bar, Rosie’s Bar and Grill, including a photo of the group posing next to the restaurant’s sign.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-school-board-chaperones-elementary-school-students-gay-bar

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-school-board-member-caught-on-hot-mic-saying-f-you-at-parent

12. purriwinkle

Florida. The other Texas, lol. Don’t parents in Florida have to sign permission slips for their children to go on field trips? Field trips which spell out exactly where the children will be going?
    If not, that’s a school policy that should be implemented. Otherwise one must assume that the parents approved of their child going to Rosie’s and gave permission.

13. Morgotha

Isn't it against the law to take children in to a bar in the first place? I doubt the parents could give permission to let the school district have their children break the law.

14. purriwinkle

Well, there you have it. How did this “field trip” ever come to pass? We should add educators who have no boundaries or are confused about what constitutes an out of classroom learning experience to my list, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DeadZedHead

https://www.rosiesbarandgrill.com/about/

It looks less like a gay bar and more like a gay restaurant. In jr high we went on a field trip downtown. Several students got suspended for going to Hooters for lunch. One parent lit them up because despite what the principal thought, it was not a strip bar. It was a restaurant that served families and one student recommended it because his family went there to watch the game often. All the students had their suspensions reversed. Wish i had gone with them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. purriwinkle

That’s a horse of a different color. Going to a bar vs going to a restaurant that’s owned by gay people I presume? Otherwise I’ve never heard of a restaurant that catered exclusively to gay people but what do I know tucked away in Western NY. Still, people gotta eat and in restaurants I patronize folks mind their own business.

My daughter and I were in a restaurant when she was young, and a customer on their way to the restrooms, I suppose, passed by our table. He was dressed as a man but had on the brightest, highest pair of ladies heels I’ve ever seen. My daughter started to say something and I had to give her the warning look. I explained quietly that it’s not polite to comment on other people’s attire publicly, unless it was to give the other person a complement…and even then….That’s the closest I’ve ever been to possibly eating in a gay restaurant, or he was just gay, or liked heels, or trying to cash in on a bet…lol, dunno.

#3596 purriwinkle, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  17. DeadZedHead

Lol. We have part of town called Hillcrest. The entire community, restaurants, bars, shops all cater to the LGBTQ community. All are welcome but you better be comfortable with what you might see.

• Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

Ohhhhhhhhh. That makes sense but for some reason never occurred to me. Isolated bars and entertainment venues but a whole community catering to LGBTQ persons? Cool.
    Thanks for the education!

19. Morgotha

Looking at their photographs in DZH's link there are a lot of men there waiting for their wives to arrive.
    That sounds like P-town in Massachussetts.

20. DeadZedHead

Probably just promotional material. They might be geared towards men.