Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the Russians. If you'll recall, this all started when I said Biden was wrong for calling Putin a "war criminal" - that's inflammatory, and not actually, IMO, true. I thought, and think, that that type of inflammatory language is BAD for the leader of the US to use against a foreign leader. I understand you all disagree.

Since then, Biden has *escalated* his inflammatory rhetoric, saying, "“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” which has officially scared the cr@p out of our European allies who are going to great pains to state they don't agree with Biden and that regime change in Russia is not the goal of the West. Don't you get it? Biden's statements are so bad they are making our *allies* publicly side with Russia!

Since I do NOT support the Russian invasion of Ukraine, I have no responsibility to defend their actions. I would say, however, that when the Iraquis claimed we were bombing their schools and children deliberately, that wasn't entirely true. If the Russians are showing videos of Ukranian tanks hiding between and behind residential buildings then they can't honestly be faulted for blowing those buildings up in pursuit of Ukranian weapons. I'm not "blaming" the Ukranians, but you have to understand that propaganda is a part of every war. Don't just take for granted what one side is telling you.

Also, is it likely that some Russian blew up a hospital, school, or other such facility? Absolutely. Is that a war crime? Nope, it's just sad.

2. Morgotha

Maxine Waters was at an event and the homeless were told there would be help for them there, so they showed up. Waters then told them to *go home*! and then after using some profanity told a reporter NOT to report on the incident.

""You’ll hurt yourself and the community trying to put this together without background," she told reporter Connor Sheets, according to the Los Angeles Times. "I don’t want you to start trying to write it, you won’t understand it."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-rep-waters-tells-homeless-go-home

3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I disagree. We can fault Russia for bombing civilian buildings during an invasion that shouldn’t be happening in the first place. Ukraine doesn’t HAVE to put their tanks out in the open to be destroyed. Just because Russia was stupid enough to do that for weeks doesn’t mean Ukraine HAS to. When the US accidentally hit civilian buildings, we were condemned and apologized. Russia and for some odd reason Fox keep justifying it. Yes it is a war crime to TARGET civilian hospitals and schools and daycare centers. Despite what tucker keeps saying, many of our allies vocally agree that Putin is a war criminal. False Inflammatory rhetoric AGAINST our allies was OK for 4 years but against Putin is unacceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DeadZedHead

Oil companies directly say they wont increase production because they would rather pay higher dividends. Nothing to do with Biden or green energy. Biden addresses unused land leases.

5. Morgotha

Rather than just believing what Biden tells you, why not look something up? For example,

"
    • Exxon annual gross profit for 2021 was $31.234B, a 0.94% increase from 2020.
    • Exxon annual gross profit for 2020 was $30.942B, a 42.47% decline from 2019.
    • Exxon annual gross profit for 2019 was $53.786B, a 16.86% decline from 2018.
    Exxon-Mobil is the biggest oil company. They lost 20 Billion in profits in 2020 compared to their previous year, and have basically remained at that point in 2021. So... while the oil companies are making profits, they aren't making this New, Huge profit they've never made before, in fact in the case of Exxon, they are still making LESS than they were previously by about 40%.

Now Dementia Joe says he's a capitalist, why is he throwing a fit and saying the oil companies are gouging us when they are making 40% LESS than they did just 3 years ago?

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/XOM/exxon/gross-profit

6. DeadZedHead

Nobody said it was new profit. But it was profit none the less. You were blaming Biden but they had decreased profits under trump NOT Biden. They clip i posted had sound bites from oil execs directly. They said that they chose not to increase production to increase profits. Not because Dems were holding them back. You cite lost profits not losses.

7. Morgotha

I'm still trying to see what the problem is. They are making 40% less than they did pre-pandemic. On the oil company execs, they were speaking to *shareholders* who want *good news* or they take their money out and put it somewhere else. What did you expect the exec to say? "Well, Biden's team of greenies are making things so tough on us that a few years from now your investment in our company will likely be only worth 1/3 of it is right now?"

Yeah, that's not going to happen, just like Biden isn't going to get up and tell you that the ongoing immigration flood is his fault.

The point at the end of the day is that the oil companies are NOT gouging record prices out of the country, but are making the same amount they did last year, and MUCH less than they did before that.

And btw, I think the .gov should have us pay those high prices now and not drain the strategic reserve. We don't know what the world will be like next year. What if we suddenly NEED all that oil?

8. DeadZedHead

Oil execs testify before house committee. They cite the pandemic and Russian invasion as cause for high gas prices. They discuss lowering carbon footprint and investments in renewable energy as the future of energy production. None of them blame Biden or Democrats as a cause the energy crisis or state a move toward green energy as unreasonable.

9. Morgotha

Yep, and if you have a boss that fires anyone who doesn't tell them things are rosy when they report to him, you'll likely report that things are rosy.

In more honest news about energy problems, the energy companies in the last few days appealed to have the Trump era water regulations reinstated until Biden's rewriting of the regulations are completed. The reason this is important to oil companies? Dem cities and Native American tribes were using water regulations to stop oil companies from building pipelines, energy facilities, etc. Biden and the Democrats ARE trying to stop the oil companies from expanding or improving the delivery of oil and natural gas.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/supreme-court-reinstates-trump-era-water-rule-now-83912359

10. Morgotha

Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson was approved by the Senate to be our newest Supreme Court justice, replacing the retiring Stephen Breyer when he retires this Summer. This shouldn't change the overall right/left balance of the court, as both of them appear to favor the left.

It will, however, bring the male/female ratio of the court to 5:4, as close to 50:50 as it's possible to get, which is pretty amazing, considering that Reagan appointed the first-ever female Supreme Court justice in Sandra Day O'Connor in 1981. Congratulations, Justice Brown Jackson!

Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed to the Supreme Court Thursday afternoon by 53-47 Senate vote — but she's not a justice yet.

Jackson will have to wait until either late June or early July before she can take her seat on the Supreme Court because Justice Stephen Breyer is still sitting in it. Breyer didn't step down immediately when he announced his retirement in January, but instead said that he would leave the court at the end of its current term.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/when-will-ketanji-brown-jackson-sworn-in-supreme-court

#3950 Morgotha, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  11. Morgotha

Some homeless guy is attacking letter carriers with a broom and the post office has *stopped delivering mail* to part of Santa Monica, CA until the guy is caught! I didn't know the post office could quit delivering mail like that, but there you go. I would be pretty p.o.ed if my mail was suspended, but the people out there probably don't mind. They are the ones who want the homeless on their streets.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/usps-suspends-deliveries-california-neighborhood-attacks-mail-carriers

12. Morgotha

The Maryland Assembly has overridden their governor's veto and is now going to allow NON-physicians to provide abortions in the state. I agree with the governor who said this during his video:

"
    Gov. Hogan vetoed the bill Friday, saying that H.B. 937 "risks lowering the high standard of reproductive health care services received by women in Maryland. These procedures are complex, and can, and often do, result in significant medical complications that require the attention of a licensed physician."

"The only impact that this bill would have on women's reproductive rights would be to set back standards for women's health care and safety," Hogan added."

It's too bad the Assembly didn't make it a part of the law that if something goes wrong the abortion provider is the one responsible for caring for the woman and not the local physicians or ER. They are creating a system where the marginally trained will do whatever they want, make as much money as they can, and whenever a problem arises they'll dump it on someone else. Can't see any problems forthcoming with that system:rolleyes:.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ma...aining-allow-non-doctors-to-perform-abortions

#3952 Morgotha, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  13. Morgotha

Two men impersonated Federal officers in D.C. and for two *years* have been bribing Federal officials, including secret service agents. They apparently gave out iphones to government workers that were then listened in on, gave the bribees free rent, etc. It's hard to believe our agents are so easy to corrupt. Maybe our Federal police should spend less time working against politicians they don't like and start spending more time teaching ethics to their members.

"
    The alleged scheme that led to two Washington, D.C., men being arrested on Wednesday for allegedly impersonating federal officers represents a "booming breach of national security," according to a former FBI special agent and assistant director.

Arian Taherzadeh, 40, and Haider Ali, 35, were both arrested at a luxury apartment in the Navy Yard area of Washington, D.C., during a multi-federal government agency raid of several apartment units. They were charged with false impersonation of a federal officer in a U.S. District Court on Thursday.

The men were allegedly impersonating federal officers for over two years before the FBI and other government agencies executed a search warrant at a luxury apartment in the nation's capital, involving several units, and the men were both arrested.

Federal prosecutors allege that Taherzadeh and Ali used their fake law enforcement positions to integrate with legitimate federal agents to whom they gave gifts. They also allege that the men "compromised" Secret Service personnel who have access to the White House "by lavishing gifts upon them, including rent-free living."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-fake-feds-national-security-breach-former-fbi-agent-assistant-director

14. DeadZedHead

Terrible idea. This issue is sensitive enough without a bunch of malpractice suits justifying restrictions. Just allow qualified practitioners the opportunity to safely provide their services.

15. DeadZedHead

I saw this. WTF. I read somewhere that confidence is a huge part of convincing. Act the part and even reasonable people will believe it. I had a coworker who would just walk backstage at events. He would just say “im checking lights” and nobody would ask ask for credentials. Ive fallen victim to this as well. When i was working at the zoo, it was common to see people stray behind the scenes but if i saw someone walking with purpose, i was less likely to ask if they were lost.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The people there aren't happy with it at all. What's strange is why the postal service doesn't just double up and have a special trip with the mail to that area. The post office has special package delivery that is separate from your normal carrier. Just have a couple of people bring these residents their mail then until this is resolved.

17. Morgotha

These .gov agencies aren't always on the best of terms with each other, so what surprises me is that if, for example, someone from the FBI went up to someone from the CIA and said, "hey, buddy, I've got a free phone for you", they wouldn't immediately be suspicious of the offer.

These agents DO have to go through training on recognizing bribes, influence, etc., and if the .gov is like a corporation, have to update that yearly. There's really no excuse for the bribees behavior, and hopefully they'll all be fired, at least, as an example to others.

18. Morgotha

Or, if you know the guy is creeping around a specific locale and targets the letter carrier, have a police officer on a ride-along in the mail truck. The guy attacks, gets arrested, problem solved. Well, until later in the day when the liberal DA lets the guy out of jail without bail.

19. Morgotha

It looks like Iowa is out as the first state in the Dem primary. Not diverse enough for the Party.

"
    Iowa has long been the first state in the US that presidential candidates vie for their party's nomination, but that could soon change for Democrats after members of the Democratic National Committee approved a new plan on Wednesday.

The plan, approved by the DNC's Rules and Bylaws Committee, involves lifting early voting contest waivers in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina and will require states that wish to hold early contests to apply, the Des Moines Register reported.

The resolution said states would be selected on criteria that includes diversity, competitiveness in the general election, and the feasibility of holding an early primary. Up to five states will be selected, and states that previously held early primaries will not be given preference."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-system-up-for-grabs/ar-AAWcLTM?li=BBnb7Kz

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's way past the time that this should have changed. Even aside from demographics, having a caucus is antiquated. People should be allowed to vote, and then leave, not hang around and be involved in some sort of team project to pick a candidate.

Fortunately more states ended the caucus system in 2020. And in our messed up current political situation caucuses are a big advantage to fringe candidates, because participation is more limited. It's how Bernie Sanders originally got traction in 2016. He was only like a tenth of a percent behind Hillary.