Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Uhhhh... possibly because he's a million times more charismatic, likable and genuine than everyone else who's running as a Democrat.... combined. lolololol

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

So they just stick random people in there? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It's not quite like that.

These odds makers do this on purpose to get people like you (aka rubes, lol) to give them their money. They will usually select someone who's very famous and likable, and someone that people would like to see as president if things weren't handled so seriously.

Like everyone from Boston that says "Tom Brady for President". No one is seriously considering him for President, but if he were to run.... people would vote for him.

These odds makers know this, and they know that enough people would be willing to place bets on a high-profile personality like The Rock. 80:1 odds are good enough that someone would be tempted to place a bet, but the chances of him becoming President are so low, that those people will not win their money.

5. PepperAnn

Wow. People are stupid. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

The majority of candidates who won their parties nomination led the field in early fundraising. This includes Walter Mondale in 1984, George H.W. Bush in 1988, Michael Dukakis in 1988, Bob Dole in 1996, George W. Bush in 2000, Al Gore in 2000, Mitt Romney in 2012 and Hillary Clinton in 2016. A number of them did not, however: Ronald Reagan in 1980, John Kerry in 2004, John McCain in 2008, Barack Obama in 2008 and Donald Trump in 2016.
    This 62% success rate of early fundraising forecasting the winner is nothing to sneeze at. Most people who run for president don't win their party's nominations, so something that is associated with winning a majority of the time is notable.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/politics/bernie-sanders-fundraising-performance/index.html

This is promising for Bernie, but nothing conclusive.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

#107 Lindigo, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I will not be voting for Bernie. And I seriously hope he does not make it past the primaries.
    We need someone who can go up against Trump, just in case he does make it that far.

I would rather have Clinton again, and I really don’t like her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Oh, I hope you're right! I would actually send Clinton $20 if she says she's seriously considering running. The best thing for me would be Clinton as the Dems candidate. Unfortunately, much like with Bernie, I think at this point the Dems have moved on and left them behind.

10. Morgotha

So where does Kamala Harris want to take our country with regards to race relations? Not forward, IMO.

"
    Two leading Democratic presidential candidates -- U.S. Sens. Kamala Harris of California and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts -- have reportedly said they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery, reflecting a shift in the importance of race and identity issues within the party.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Harris doubled down on her support for reparations after agreeing with a host on the popular radio show “The Breakfast Club” that the race-conscious policy was necessary to address the legacies of slavery and discrimination in the United States."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-warren-embrace-reparations-for-black-americans

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Amazing the things you take for granted until they're gone. Just someone who is a human being is a big step up at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

While we're focusing on the Democrats there might be a primary challenge to Trump in the Know Nothing Party. Former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld is thinking of running. He's a good guy, intelligent and straightforward. This of course means he'll have a modest impact nationwide in a party that now favors indecency, crass behavior, ignorance and conspiracy theories.

But just having a challenger might do some damage to Trump. And any harm that can be done to him, even if it just makes him miserable, is a good thing.

I think Weld though could make the New Hampshire primary close. It's a small neighboring state and he can scour every corner of it in the next year.

• Like Like x 4
  13. PepperAnn

So you want Trump for another term?

14. Morgotha

Compared with Sanders, Harris, or Booker - yes.

Compared with a reasonable moderate Democrat or Republican - no.

15. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I want Oprah to run. That way on the day after the election we can all look under our seats and find keys to a .... NEW CAR!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. PepperAnn

You get a car! And you get a car! And you get a car! EVERYONE GETS A CAR!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Morgotha

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes. He deleted upwards of 20,000 posts right before mentioning he was going to work for Bernie. Many of those posts attacking other Democratic candidates while also denying the fact that he was in any way associated with Bernie.

Oh, and as we just found out, Oprah is an anti-vaxxer, so she's out too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn