Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You mean, you can't see "Smells like Beto spirit" winning? Yeah, neither can I. lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll give him an opportunity to tell me what he stands for. It's still very early in the process, so hopefully he'll come out with some policy statements soon.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not to worry.....my visits will be few and far between.

I will be like that weird aunt who suddenly appears for a visit, brings a bit of whimsy into your life, and then leaves.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Nate Silver has said that Mayor Pete is significantly cutting into the younger vote, which was key for Bernie last time. That's a good thing. Buttigieg is also a responsible guy, who if he gets some traction and does better than expected won't take it to the convention like Sanders did in 2016. I still think it'll come down to Biden and Harris. Who wins will depend a lot on how many people are left in the race after each primary. Harris needs to get it down to a one on one with Biden to win I think. I'm discounting Sanders here because I expect him to probably stay in until the end no matter what, like Ron Paul did a few cycles back with the GOP.

5. Stealth

It's a win win situation for him. People really don't expect him to be the nominee but he'll gain name recognition from this run. He's only 37 so he has long future ahead for himself in politics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Harris has a big strike against her though in that she was a prosecutor. A lot of the "police are bad, holding people responsible for their actions is bad" crowd on the Dem's left (center?) are going to chew in to her for doing her job.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

Most of those types are probably going to be voting for Sanders or Warren anyway. If Warren is gone they'd probably gravitate to Harris more so than Biden because of his support for the crime bill, and other things that they would feel would put him further from the left than Harris. The bigger question would be if they'd vote for her or jump to the Green Party idiot in a general election.

8. Morgotha

With the Dems pushing the Green New Deal, is there still going to BE a Green Party candidate? The GND sounds a lot more radical that what the Green Party asks for, why wouldn't people that support them jump ship and go to a lefty Dem?

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The thing I loved about listening to that interview was the calming presence he gave off. And his knowledge of history and how things work. Even Mika mentioned how his demeanor is so calming. I want to know more about him and his policies too.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Anything would be calming compared to Tsunami Donnie

But yes, he does give off a calm vibe.

11. PepperAnn

Donnie, who has no idea how to politically or historically answer one question.

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

She has an EVEN BIGGER strike against her that will come to light as time goes on and she continues to come more into focus with the general population of voters.... She's too much like Hillary with her public image.

She's a mega-panderer. She'll say anything that will get her the most brownie points with whatever group she's speaking too.

Her prowess with dodging questions is on par with Bernie and Hillary, she very skilled. lol.

She's got an annoyingly awkward laugh. And it's a nervous laugh like Hillary's was when she wasn't sure how to react to something. Very phony and cringey.

If she can start being more genuine and less Hillary, then she'll be on the right track.

13. Morgotha

She lost me when she was claiming to be a Jamaican stoner.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right, and when she was getting stoned to Snoop Dogg 7 years before his first album. lol

Or was that taken out of context? There's a lot of various theories around that story. Not sure what is what.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

@Dnae I see how it is. No "thank you" for helping you pronounce butt-i-guh-guh-guh. Whatever.

17. PepperAnn

Cool thank you. :)

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL because I think you are pronouncing incorrectly

BUTT

thank you for trying to help me

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It sound like boot, not butt.